I think Papac and Whittaker are under-rated

Nacho Novo10

Both have done well at times, but....... Whitttaker is much better going forward and imo, isn't a good enough defender. Papac has been more consistent, particularly in the first half of the season, but i still don't think he's the solution for LB. I think we can do better in both positions.

I don't think Papac is under rated at all, maybe doesn't get credit in the media but he gets a lot of praise from those who matter.

Whittaker has been very inconsistent. There is no doubting he has had a fantastic season though. The amount of goals he has got from RB is staggering.

Funnily enough, they would be the first 2 I would replace from our first 11. I think Papac gets too much praise. Between them they are pretty much at fault for 90% of the goals we lose.

Funnily enough, they would be the first 2 I would replace from our first 11. I think Papac gets too much praise. Between them they are pretty much at fault for 90% of the goals we lose.

Completely agree, always thought papac was overrated.

As defenders they are pretty poor. Any good wide man hugging the touchline will either beat them or at a minimum be allowed to deliver a cross into the box. They both tuck in to the centre too much. Whittaker is good going forward and combines well with davis or whoever is the right winger or midfielder. Papac often does not pass to his left winger but cuts inside and usually messes up. Both if caught upfield are slow to get back too. Papac in particular ballwatches too much when a cross comes over and is poor in the air. Whittaker is not a good header of a ball either.

Conclusion: both are very average fullbacks.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but I'm afraid mine is different to the OP.The 1st job of a defender is to DEFEND and Whittaker is a fucking disaster as a defender. Re:nvager explanation(tu)

Whittaker should be playing Right midfield because he is very dangerous going forward.Papac is steady and makes some bad choices at times, but for a guy who basically is a Central defender, he does ok....

Not brilliant mind you, just ok!

Whittaker is good going forward but not nearly as great when on the defence. Papac is consistent and reliable but doesn't shine out as a great player. I have no problems keeping either but if we had the money I would like some full backs that can stand out in defence and offence.

Papac over the majority of a season is decent. also got a couple of goals this season too.

whittaker on the other head is great going foward but worries me defensively. to get 11 goals from right back is truely remarkable.

Papac is one of the most consistent players at Ibrox, big fan of him! But Stevie Whittaker has more bad games than he does good. Even though he has chipped in with 10 goals this season I still dont see him having a great career at Rangers :(

I think the two of them are overrated especially by some fans.

if you really watch sasa papc he is pish. if a foward runs at him with speed he's not got a clue how to deal with him.

the same with steven whittaker. he is good at going foward thats it. if we are to get money in the summer,would buy a RB and LB.

Not a big fan of Papac, he's a decent player and has had a good season. my problem is he get caught of position when a cross comes over from the opposite wing. He's either to close to the centre half or to far away. Whittaker goes through spells were he's magic and spells were he's piss poor. Plus he cant tackle.

In my opinion Papac cant tackle, jump and cant pass the ball. He also ball watches to much, and stands to far off his man, and loses men at the back post and players seem to beat him to easy for me.

As defenders they are pretty poor. Any good wide man hugging the touchline will either beat them or at a minimum be allowed to deliver a cross into the box. They both tuck in to the centre too much. Whittaker is good going forward and combines well with davis or whoever is the right winger or midfielder. Papac often does not pass to his left winger but cuts inside and usually messes up. Both if caught upfield are slow to get back too. Papac in particular ballwatches too much when a cross comes over and is poor in the air. Whittaker is not a good header of a ball either.

Conclusion: both are very average fullbacks.

agree completely especially whittaker an accident waiting to happen