Danny Kops it

£2.5 million to liverpool.

ru making this up? theres no reference to wilson on the bbc teletext rangers/liverpool/spl/premeirship news pages at all

its in the rumors section

I know he is away after smith said so yesterday, but lets stop giving shitty journalists space on the MB

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PIB

my point was the thread topic was 'bbc teletext,wilson to liverpool'

and having checked bbc teletext i cant see anything refering to this, i do know theres lots of speculation in the rhags about wilson leaving but like most stuff i dont believe most of the rhags/jhournos

The first and second quotes are from the BBC, the third one is from the Daily Mail :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8669988.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8671611.stm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1275870/Liverpool-poised-wrap-2-5m-deal-Rangers-18-year-old-defender-Danny-Wilson.html

Would have been better if quotes had been included originally though :D

Matthew Lindsay

Share 0 comments 10 May 2010

Walter Smith has revealed Danny Wilson is set to move away from Rangers this summer to further his career.

Smith picked up the SFWA Manager of the Year award and Wilson the SFWA Young Player of the Year at a dinner in Glasgow last night.

The veteran coach handed the 18-year-old centre-half his big chance in the Rangers first team this season and was delighted with how he coped in the SPL and Champions League.

But the former Everton manager hinted the defender, who has been linked with Liverpool, is set to move down south.

Weir said: “Danny has a great future in the game – it’s just unfortunate that it doesn’t look like it will be at Rangers.”

Meanwhile, Kris Boyd is set to wait until the end of the summer before making a decision on his future.

Boyd, who scored his 26th goal of the 2009/10 campaign in the 3-3 draw with Motherwell, wants to see if a new buyer takes control of the Ibrox club.

He said: “I will make my mind up about what is happening over the next couple of weeks.

“Whether there’s a bid for the club is a factor and, if something happens on that front, great. We’ll see what happens.

“But I don’t need to dive into anything and can wait until the end of summer if need be.

“Days like yesterday whet my appetite for staying at Rangers. There were 50,000 fans jumping around like madmen. I loved it.”

Meanwhile, out-of-contract trio Nacho Novo, DaMarcus Beasley and Stevie Smith are all set to leave.

Winger Beasley posted on Twitter that it was “time to open a new chapter” in his career.

Smith has already confirmed that he would be leaving.

And Novo revealed a lack of first-team starts was likely to lead to his departure.

He stated: “I am 31 now and I said I would like to retire at Rangers, but I want to enjoy my football.”

Evening Times

Good luck to the boy if he leaves, a real good prospect who maybe believed his own hype?

TBH cant really blame him, was probably gonna get a deal with us at £2-3k per week down south he'll be getting maybe £5-8k a week, but hed have had champs league next season and trophies and titles whereas with Liverpool he'll get Europa league and be lucky to finish fourth!

PIB

my point was the thread topic was 'bbc teletext,wilson to liverpool'

and having checked bbc teletext i cant see anything refering to this, i do know theres lots of speculation in the rhags about wilson leaving but like most stuff i dont believe most of the rhags/jhournos

The first and second quotes are from the BBC, the third one is from the Daily Mail :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8669988.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8671611.stm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1275870/Liverpool-poised-wrap-2-5m-deal-Rangers-18-year-old-defender-Danny-Wilson.html

Would have been better if quotes had been included originally though :D

couldnae be arsed :D

what Weir said in that interview is what walter in todays paper im sure.

Weir said: “Danny has a great future in the game – it’s just unfortunate that it doesn’t look like it will be at Rangers.”

He's a good player, he's obviously wanting out of Rangers as soon as possible, he's only just turned 18 and he's wanting the big glamour move already, if the boy had a brain he'd stay up here for a year or so, get more Champions League experience behind him (not going to get that with Liverpool) and then look to move on

Mistake, I'd of waited.

Will he get a game with Liverpool anyways?

I'd say so, we have a better defence than Liverpool

Agger, Skrtel, Kyriagios & Carragher will be ahead of him.

He'll probably spend six months settling in then go on loan to a Championship team for the rest of the season

Mistake, I'd of waited.

He'll probably spend six months settling in then go on loan to a Championship team for the rest of the season

Agger injures himself starting his car in the morning :craphead:

Mistake, I'd of waited.

they also have 1 of their own youth players who has came in a few times, id imagine he will be ahead of Wilson as well

Good luck to him. Gutted he's leaving so soon but can't blame him for jumping at the chance to play at a higher level. Especially with the uncertainty about the ownership and management here.

Not a bad deal for us considering he's out of contract in a year. Hope he does well and we can get as much as possible from any add ons.