Middlesbrough set to bid for KT

KingKirk

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to think if we sold him we could double our money on him ! ;; but his contract is going into his last year i think so wed struggle to get 2.5million for him

i wouldnt like to see him leave but if it ment keeping others in a heartbeat id lose thomo !

I'd much rather lose edu, mcculloch, lafferty, Naismith before thomson! He's our second best midfielder and provides dig AND ability unlike super lee. Davis and thomson at CM next season please.

I agree. That is our best CM pairing, by quite a distance, IMO. Even if SD is pushed out wide, KT in there with Edu or LM.

Excuse me Officer, could you tell me what date it is please?

"It's the 11th day of May, 2010, sir! Why do you ask?"

Oh! it's not the 1st of April then?

"No Sir,it is not!...Can I ask the reason for this line of questioning?"

Well! I have heard that WGS is going to bid for Kevin Thomson to be transferred to Middlesbrough next season for around £2 million.

(Policeman takes out phone) "Just sit down Sir, the men in the white coats will be here shortly,Carstairs is quite a nice place really!" <cr>

I used to laugh at the jokes that the scouting policy Celtic had when Strachan was there simply to copy our scouts. Now at Middlesborough he seems intent on just signing up Old Firm players. Does he not do scouts or something?

So my uncle says who is a ST Holder down their

I really hope not he would be a massive lose, if he was to go

opinion's lads

You are full of shite mate. You got this from the Records site, just like the Dave King story

Ha!

Emmmmm Champions League or champion-ship. I know what one I would choose. Probably not much of a pay rise either.

Tell your uncle from me that if he wants a player of Kevin Thomsons ability in his side, he should start supporting Rangers. He would never go and play for Boro or for that matter WGS!!

Kirk's Uncle is right....

STV today

Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan is said to have added another name to his list of SPL transfer targets by planning a move for Rangers midfielder Kevin Thomson. The former Celtic manager is believed to have a seven-strong list of players he wants to recruit from Scotland to add to his five-strong contingent, which were recruited in the January transfer window.

Scott McDonald, Chris Killen, Willo Flood, Barry Robson and Lee Miller are already on Boros books, while Stephen McManus has just returned from a loan spell at the Riverside.

Nacho Novo, who is leaving Rangers, Dundee United pair Morgaro Gomis and Craig Conway, former Celtic charge Mark Wilson, Hearts Andy Driver and Hibs central defender Sol Bamba have all been linked in the past few weeks with a switch to the English Championship club.

Now the Daily Record report Thomson has joined that set, although Strachan may have to fend off interest from promoted West Bromwich Albion to sign the player.

The midfielder has just one year left to run on the contract he signed when he moved from Hibernian in 2007. He immediately established himself in the Rangers team, captaining Walter Smiths side on a number of occasions in his 107 appearances.

The prospect of a lucrative long-term contract with Middlesbrough may be enough to persuade Thomson to cut his losses at Ibrox and head to England. With his current employers still not in a position to hand out the sort of deal the player would be looking for aged 25, a transfer to the Championship and a tilt at winning promotion to the English Premier League may prove tempting.

One player who has moved from Scotland to join Strachans summer revolution is Livingston winger Andy Halliday. The 18-year-old moved south for £100,000 after impressing in this seasons Third Division

Kirk's Uncle is right....

STV today

Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan is said to have added another name to his list of SPL transfer targets by planning a move for Rangers midfielder Kevin Thomson. The former Celtic manager is believed to have a seven-strong list of players he wants to recruit from Scotland to add to his five-strong contingent, which were recruited in the January transfer window.

Scott McDonald, Chris Killen, Willo Flood, Barry Robson and Lee Miller are already on Boro’s books, while Stephen McManus has just returned from a loan spell at the Riverside.

Nacho Novo, who is leaving Rangers, Dundee United pair Morgaro Gomis and Craig Conway, former Celtic charge Mark Wilson, Hearts’ Andy Driver and Hibs central defender Sol Bamba have all been linked in the past few weeks with a switch to the English Championship club.

Now the Daily Record report Thomson has joined that set, although Strachan may have to fend off interest from promoted West Bromwich Albion to sign the player.

The midfielder has just one year left to run on the contract he signed when he moved from Hibernian in 2007. He immediately established himself in the Rangers team, captaining Walter Smith’s side on a number of occasions in his 107 appearances.

The prospect of a lucrative long-term contract with Middlesbrough may be enough to persuade Thomson to cut his losses at Ibrox and head to England. With his current employers still not in a position to hand out the sort of deal the player would be looking for aged 25, a transfer to the Championship and a tilt at winning promotion to the English Premier League may prove tempting.

One player who has moved from Scotland to join Strachan’s summer revolution is Livingston winger Andy Halliday. The 18-year-old moved south for £100,000 after impressing in this season’s Third Division

Hes not right it was in the paper, and this guy likes to think he has contactsdoh.gif' alt='default_f_doh.gif' alt='doh'>.gif'>