Vuvuzela

big corky

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it wouldnt fit in here.

in africa it is their football culture.

it does get annoying...but some buzz it must create.

good on them, let them blow their trumpets.

many of the people there will never see a sight like this again...let them celebrate.

good on them, let them blow their trumpets.

many of the people there will never see a sight like this again...let them celebrate.

It's ignorant and it's spoiling the atmosphere. When the TV shows the crowds you see them dancing and clapping in unison but hear nothing but the constant drone from those f****** plastic trumpets. Having to watch with the volume at a minimum and radio commentry is out.

The crowd in football usually adds something to the game. The buzz of exitement as a promising move develops, the decibel level rising as the attack progresses, the collective groan when the chance is missed or the euphoric roar as the ball nestles in the back of the net. All that sucks you in to the match, makes you feel involved. However with that constant buzz from start to finish all that is lost. You dont get that sense of anticipation when a team is making a promising attack.

All that said, this is their culture and we should respect that. Each to their own and all that. This particulator spectator though would be happy if he never heard another vuvuzela, ever.

I was at a game over here and the guy sitting behind my seat had a horn type thing ( not a Vuvuzela) and a whistle. He would blow the whistle and then the horn, then the whistle etc!.

Now this was about 30 mins before the game started and I was standing in the aisle drinking my beer, so it didn't bother me that much, but I was fucked if I was going to put up with that in my ear for 90 mins when the game started...So I politely offered him some advice that if he blew that fuckin horn or the whistle just ONCE ,I would ram them up his ringer and he could fart all the way home.

I hate the fucking things at games....AND on tv.:angry::anguish:

what about mick mccarthy,s living dead commentary like listening to paint drying.

He's fucking terrible.

Meanwhile the only gig somebody like James Richardson can get is anchoring a podcast............

:praise: