Champions League

flecky1

Champs League  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about our campaign in Europe coming up?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. With current team, are we well enough equiped to handle Europes elite?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you trust Walter in Europe?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Will you be going to the home matches?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the ticket price
  5. 5. If any, what position(s) need strengthened?

• GK
    • DEF
    • CENTRE MID
    • WINGER(S)
    • STRIKER(S)
  6. 6. What should be our expectations in Europe?

• Winning the Champions League
    • Last 8 at least
    • Getting out the group
    • Making it at least to Europa League, not to finish bottom of the group
    • Europe is not important
  7. 7. As a fan, is the minimum 12-14m more important than the prestige of playing in Europe, even though its not all reinvested in the team?

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Empty seats are embarrassing, Do the club over-price our tickets for Ibrox on European nights?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Is it too early to plan for/talk about Europe just now?

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Is Rangers European reputation important to you?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With current team, are we well enough equiped to handle Europes elite?

No.

Do you trust Walter in Europe?

Voted yes but to be honest it's a mixture of the two,sometimes he's negative when he should be positive and vice versa.

Will you be going to the home matches?

I'm planning to.

If any, what position(s) need strengthened?

Defence,midfield and attack

What should be our expectations in Europe?

Always to go as far as possible,getting out the group stages should be the target but with the squad we have probably dropping into Europa.

As a fan, is the minimum 12-14m more important than the prestige of playing in Europe, even though its not all reinvested in the team?

With the way we are now financially of course but in general no,when the theme tune is being played and the team are lined up i don't give a shit about the money!

Empty seats are embarrassing, Do the club over-price our tickets for Ibrox on European nights?

Again a tough one,i don't feel the prices are sky high but people aren't prepared to pay top dollar if it isn't a Chelsea,Manchester Utd or Barcelona.

Is it too early to plan for/talk about Europe just now?

Never to early to plan ahead.

Is Rangers European reputation important to you?

Without a doubt,the sense of pride when my club was being spoken about all across Europe for making the UEFA Cup final was immense.

We must at least compete,unlike last season.

bbb08

(tu)

i thought sevilla were a big draw, the crowd was shocking

Sadly ticket pricing and not being a box office team could have been two reasons for the low turnout.

Just glad that we have the money from it, anything else is a bonus. Every other team will be looking at us, and thinking "Good draw, we can take them." Whereas in previous campaigns, there was always at least one other team we hoped we could take something from- we are now that team I'm afraid. I'm just hoping it's not like last season's, however a few additions to the squad could make it a little better.

bbb08

(tu)

Class outfit mate but not as attractive as the teams mentioned IMO,on a personal note it doesn't bother me who we get i would want to be there anyway but i know some folks have to pick and choose due to commitments etc.

You can bet your boots if it was any of the teams i mentioned tickets would have been like gold dust.

bbb08

(tu)

Sadly ticket pricing and not being a box office team could have been two reasons for the low turnout.

i agree about ticketing, but i do think sevilla are box office, some fantastic players

(tu)

we need 4 quality additions to the first 11 and then we have a chance of the Europa league..with our current bunch we'll be lucky to get a point.

Tickets too dear this year so not going for first time

2 wingers ,a top quality striker and a defender(even if Boogie stays)

I trust Walter to get the best out a bad bunch.........

Excited??..Not at all .Dreading it with this team...oh yes

bbb08

(tu)

i agree about ticketing, but i do think sevilla are box office, some fantastic players

(tu)

I agree with you mate but the majority of fans have a limited knowledge of Spanish football unless it involves Barcelona or Real Madrid ,How many could for instance name players from Valencia,Athletico Madrid or Villareal.

Are you excited about our campaign in Europe coming up?

Yes, love European nights at Ibrox :D

No chance, we can't compete on that level with the current finances, to think otherwise is naive IMO.

Yes. You can guarantee the tactics will be spot on, it's just up to the players.

Yes. Love the European nights at Ibrox.

DEF & WINGERS. We really need at least one out and out winger.

Third at least. Althought crashing out of Europe is not as much of a disaster as most people think, basically anything else is a bonus, a few days out, nothing more.

As a fan, is the minimum 12-14m more important than the prestige of playing in Europe, even though its not all reinvested in the team?

Yes. Thats all we're in it for. We're not going to be competing to win it anytime soon.

Empty seats are embarrassing, Do the club over-price our tickets for Ibrox on European nights?

Yes. All Champions League tickets are over priced IMO.

No. We might as well, not much else to talk about :P

No one likes us, we don't care.

No chance, 1 we can't compete on that level with the current finances, to think otherwise is naive IMO.

Yes. 2 You can guarantee the tactics will be spot on, it's just up to the players.

Third at least. Althought crashing out of Europe is not as much of a disaster as most people think, basically anything else is a bonus, a few days out, nothing more.

Yes. Thats all we're in it for. We're not going to be competing to win it anytime soon.

4 No one likes us, we don't care.

<cr>

1 whats the point then? Rangers should never be in any tournament just to make up numbers

2 eh? his tactics last year were horrific, during the 90's too, horrific!

3 very sad level of ambition my friend

4 i didnt ask if anyone liked us, i asked if our reputation was important to you

cheers for feedback m8, i just dont get it though, of course we probably wont win it, but the very least we should expect no matter what our finances are should be to compete with anyone, were not a provincial club, smaller clubs than us give Europe a fair crack every year and manage ok, its all about tactics and managements ambition to win football matches

European nights used to be brilliant at Ibrox, since the fans starting grassing on each other and stopped singing even European nights have become shite and with so many empty seats its not the cauldron it used to be :(

(tu)

No chance, 1 we can't compete on that level with the current finances, to think otherwise is naive IMO.

Yes. 2 You can guarantee the tactics will be spot on, it's just up to the players.

<cr>

1 whats the point then? Rangers should never be in any tournament just to make up numbers

4 i didnt ask if anyone liked us, i asked if our reputation was important to you

cheers for feedback m8, i just dont get it though, of course we probably wont win it, but the very least we should expect no matter what our finances are should be to compete with anyone, were not a provincial club, smaller clubs than us give Europe a fair crack every year and manage ok, its all about tactics and managements ambition to win football matches

European nights used to be brilliant at Ibrox, since the fans starting grassing on each other and stopped singing even European nights have become shite and with so many empty seats its not the cauldron it used to be :(

(tu)

I don't think it's fair to have a pop at Walters tactics, as it's thanks to his tactics I got to see something I never thought I would see, rangers at a European final!

As every fan does, european nights are great be it at ibrox or in the pub.

It is dissappointing that these games get priced out of people reach and the stadium ends up empty.

I think we should realistically be looking to get 3rd place and even with a few additions not much better. After last year it just shows how poor our team/tactics are for european games.

Ticket will probably be £30, but if we get well known teams expect them to go up.

<cr>

(tu)

I don't think it's fair to have a pop at Walters tactics, as it's thanks to his tactics I got to see something I never thought I would see, rangers at a European final!

why did you think you would never see that? <cr>

smaller clubs than Rangers have been in several european finals in the last 20 - 30 years

its not as far fetched as some make out and not as rididculus as some fans think

you should be more ambitious, you support such a wonderful club, you should expect more from them, certainly much more in Europe

(tu)

<cr>

(tu)

why did you think you would never see that? <cr>

smaller clubs than Rangers have been in several european finals in the last 20 - 30 years

its not as far fetched as some make out and not as rididculus as some fans think

you should be more ambitious, you support such a wonderful club, you should expect more from them, certainly much more in Europe

(tu)

Yes we can be more ambitious! As we are a big club! But to 'expect' more? In my lifetime rangers have reached one final and made the last 16, doesn't really do much for expectations! Now look I'm not being pesemistic here, more realistic tbh! The further we go the better and il be there all the way giving 110% behind the team, I jus don't expect to be winnin European titles anytime soon!