Andrius Velicka

This has probably been discussed already, but I missed it last time it was.

Basically it's a simple question: What is Velicka's role this year?

Yes, he is 31. Yes, he has no pace. Yes, he has a poor first touch and yes, he probably isn't of the quality that we have come to expect.

However it's obvious that staying competitive in the SPL is the clubs priority at this moment in time and Velicka has shown, both at Hearts and in his few apperances with us, that he is a goalscorer at that level and that instinct doesn't leave you regardless of what injuries you have or what age you are.

My tin hat is going on before I say this, but with some decent playing time I think he would/could bag between 10-15 goals easily and I think he's going to be a decent option to have in the squad.

Miller, Lafferty, Naismith and Velicka.

They are our only attacking options, I'll stick my neck out and agree with you that Velicka could get 10-15 goals if he gets some decent playing time. Having said that, the first choice pairing upfront will be Miller and Lafferty imo.

I don't rate him at all. He is so slow, poor first touch, no link up play, looks knackered after 20 minutes and does not work hard enough. Sound like someone? Kris Boyd was a speed machine in comparison to Velicka and he was/is a better footballer than Velicka.

He won't be getting a new contract so instead of playing a 31 year old who is just back from a serious knee injury why not play Lafferty, Fleck, Loy, Little... up front ahead of Velicka and prepare for the future?

They are our only attacking options, I'll stick my neck out and agree with you that Velicka could get 10-15 goals if he gets some decent playing time. Having said that, the first choice pairing upfront will be Miller and Lafferty imo.

If Velicka scores 15 goals, I'll pump your mum.

If Velicka scores 15 goals, I'll pump your mum.

He won't though as it will be Lafferty and Miller upfront everytime they are both available. Velicka will sit on the bench.

I like him to be honest.

If it was upto me I'd have him and Miller upfront, Lafferty playing behind and a midfield of McCulloch, Davis and Thomson.

It does lack a bit of width but Davis is mobile, so is Miller and Lafferty and I can see them going wide, dropping deep etc when need be.

Waterboy!

A player who we obviously didn't want, sent him on a season long loan and he picks up a horrific injury. Then recovers from that injury to find himself as one of the main strikers at the club.

Before his injury he wasn't good enough; slow, lazy, piss poor first touch, couldn't hold the ball up, fitness issues, poor footballing brain, terrible movement about a football park... he wasn't even a regular at Hearts and Viking, I'd hate to see what he's like now.

He's 31, nowhere near being fully fit, in the final year of his contract... he should either be sold, or loaned out, then released. Mid-table SPL standard at best.