Danny Wilson to Liverpool

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to him, I hope we get a decent amount for him. I really hope he is the last face we see leaving ( unless McCulloch or Naismith fancies the off)

The only transfer dealings I want to see now is new arrivals.

Well thats him away then its on the Official site now as well. Martin Bain has said to SSN that they need to add to the first team squad NO SHIT SHERLOCK FFS this is now becoming depressing.

15 First team players

This Wilson scenario is exactly what those who conceived Auchenhowie hoped for. Bring through youngsters for minimal cost, give them first team experience and then sell them on at a huge profit.

If anyone out there thought the Edinburgh shyster had other notions, I beg that they produce some evidence of same.

The asset stripping continues unabated.

:(

How can people possibly keep saying we have cover...we have about 14 first team players, some of them not good enough anyway!

Currently; Bougherra, Weir and Webster. Papac and McCulloch can both play there when required. We also have youths coming through such as Perry. We do have cover at centre back.

Broadfoot aswell.

Looks a done deal

Liverpool and Rangers agree Danny Wilson deal

Rangers have agreed to sell Danny Wilson to Liverpool in a deal that could rise to £5 million.

Rangers have reached agreement with Liverpool for the transfer of defender Danny Wilson. The Ibrox club will receive an initial £2 million but appearances could see that more than double.

"We have agreed a deal in principle with Liverpool for the transfer of Danny Wilson,” Rangers chief executive Martin Bain said in a statement on the club’s official website.

"Liverpool's offer will see the club receive £2million up front with add-ons linked to games played taking the total value of the deal to £5million.

"Danny was entering the final year of his contract with the club and had indicated that he felt it was in his interests to move on.

"Given that and the value of the offer from Liverpool it was deemed appropriate to accept that offer given the player wanted to go.

News of the move first broke when Rangers turned up at Glasgow Airport for their trip to Australia without the centre-back. It transpired that the player had already headed south to Liverpool to discuss personal terms.

Wilson will become new Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson’s second signing. The former Fulham boss snapped up England international Joe Cole on a free transfer on Monday.

The English club’s interest in Wilson dates back to long before Hodgson took charge. Liverpool had two bids for the player rejected in January and Rangers manager Walter Smith said in May he expected the Reds to improve on their £2 million bid.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/187689-liverpool-and-rangers-agree-danny-wilson-deal/

away for job interview and come back to this, good bit oh business really, anyone thinking no one is coming in is deluded after this, walt has a plan

It's only a good deal for Rangers if we get the money to invest.

We won't so only a good deal for Wilson and Lloyds TSB

He was going anyway but would have been easier to swallow if we could invest it.

How long now before Davis and Shagger say 'Fuck this for a game a soldiers' and leave. Could hardly blame them.

You wouldn't sit somewhere that's gonna sink yer career.

Hope to god I am wrong.