Coisty on Chis Eagles: - Btw - Ally is not a legend its being said...

Boab

McCoist is right with the sentiment, and the claim he's not a legend is crazy talk.

Here's the but though... McCoist played for Rangers at a time we were the "RICHEST" club in Britain, so to suggest it was all about trophies and medals. Is not telling the whole truth why he stuck around for so long. ;)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoist is right with the sentiment, and the claim he's not a legend is crazy talk.

Here's the but though... McCoist played for Rangers at a time we were the "RICHEST" club in Britain, so to suggest it was all about trophies and medals. Is not telling the whole truth why he stuck around for so long. ;)

just so happens the biggest team in Britain, if not europe is his childhood team.

coincidence

Says in his book he knocked us back to develop as a player, he didn't feel he was good enough for Rangers at the time. He knocked us back becuase he wanted to become a Rangers legend not a bit part player, and he was right because he signed for us at his peak and became one of the greatest ever.

On the contrary, he signed for us after flopping at Sunderland, for less than half the 400k they shelled out for him. That has got to be one of the best bargains we have ever had.

Maybe I'm too deep a thinker.

I don't think a true Rangers legend will knock us back 3 times in a lifetime.

You're not, you're simply flying in the face of how the vast majority of Rangers fans perceive Mccoist. That doesn't make you some sort of intellectual deep thinker. He chose to go elsewhere before he joined Rangers, that rankled with a lot of people at the time, but he went on to become a true Rangers legend and won the fans over and then some. He suffered the indignity of having his own supporters chanting "Ally, Ally get to fuck" at him, but rose above it and went on to unprecidented success with the club. A legend in my eyes for sure.

In this instance, McCoist has knocked back Rangers 3 times in his lifetime. He's not a legend imo - but I enjoyed all his goals against the tims.

Eh?what you on about? <cr>

I judge players on what they do on the pitch for Rangers and anything else is irrelevant and shouldn't be taken into consideration when judging whether a player deserves 'legendary' status amongst fans.

Therefore Ally McCoist is a legend...

coisty is a legend but the poster who is getting slaughtered is right , our ally did knock us back 3 times and although its only annoys me slightly i can understand why 1st jan 1994 feels the way he does

I can't even get a little bit annoyed by it. I don't care how many times he knocked us back, the job he done for us was second to none.

coisty is a legend but the poster who is getting slaughtered is right , our ally did knock us back 3 times and although its only annoys me slightly i can understand why 1st jan 1994 feels the way he does

I can't even get a little bit annoyed by it. I don't care how many times he knocked us back, the job he done for us was second to none.

im a wee bit different i dont think anyone should ever knock us back and even more a Rangers fan but after his minor blip when he did sign he became a legend, although after the dundee cup tie he would have been strung up from a lampost if the bears had got a hold of him

This thread is sureal; if McCoist doesn't qualify for legend status no one does frankly.

The poster who questions the relative salaries of Sunderland and Rangers should note that McCoist joined us from Sunderland mid contract (not that it mattered in those days the club owned you whatever the position of your contract) you have to assume the salary was similar.

Also Rangers were certainly not the richest club in the UK when McCoist joined or for the first few seasons he was with us. Even in his prime McCoist was not one of the top earners at the club.

This thread is sureal; if McCoist doesn't qualify for legend status no one does frankly.

The poster who questions the relative salaries of Sunderland and Rangers should note that McCoist joined us from Sunderland mid contract (not that it mattered in those days the club owned you whatever the position of your contract) you have to assume the salary was similar.

Also Rangers were certainly not the richest club in the UK when McCoist joined or for the first few seasons he was with us. Even in his prime McCoist was not one of the top earners at the club.

The English leagues have generally paid more than their Scottish counterparts, but that may not have been the case in this instance. Sunderland wanted rid due to his lack of goals, and took a big hit on the fee, and I'm sure McCoist was happy to leave in search of happier times, so the wages on offer maybe didn't matter so much.

McCoist is undoubtedly a legend in the true sense of the word.

One thing that continues to do my tits in is his constant love in with the F*nian f*ckers, can he not just talk about us without bringing that shower of shite into the piece :angry:

One thing that continues to do my tits in is his constant love in with the F*nian f*ckers, can he not just talk about us without bringing that shower of shite into the piece :angry:

This is what gets me too, and it's not a new thing.

Says in his book he knocked us back to develop as a player, he didn't feel he was good enough for Rangers at the time. He knocked us back becuase he wanted to become a Rangers legend not a bit part player, and he was right because he signed for us at his peak and became one of the greatest ever.

On the contrary, he signed for us after flopping at Sunderland, for less than half the 400k they shelled out for him. That has got to be one of the best bargains we have ever had.

185k for a shitload of goals.

Obviously his career peaked at Rangers but in terms of age I think he stated he knocked us back because it was too early. I don't blame him for trying to better himself as a player first, he was always going to end up here eventually.

This is what gets me too, and it's not a new thing.

To be honest, though I hate Celtic, I can't imagine why any bear would actually want or expect people involved in the club to be anything but professional and even friendly towards ALL opponents. I cannot understand for the life of me why Ally thinks Lennon is "a good guy", when he's so clearly a cunt, but I'd rather McCoist was saying inexplicably nice things about Celtic than badmouthing them to the press and making the club look bad. Leave that to the young, naive guys like Lafferty who can be excused. Ally has worked with Celtic people as a Scotland player and in a coaching capacity and maybe he thinks that some of them are alright. That's his prerogative. His good nature is one of the things I like about him. Even the most cynical shitebag of a Celtic supporter had no ammunition to use against us when Ally and Walter attended Tommy Burns' funeral.