Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

Hopefully we get Jelavic but if it falls through then i'd rather see us go for Mphela. Also if the Jelavic move is a no-go then that'd leave us with £ to spend on a number of players instead of the one.

If the reports are true about the Jelavic & Smith moves then that'd mean Walter would have in the excess of £5m to spend.

I'd like to see us go for the following players, obviously we couldn't get them all but attempt moves for them:

Mphela £1m

Caicedo loan

Benjani bosman?

Welcome £500k? (tbh don't know much about him but he's cheap)

Whittingham £1-2m

George Boyd £1-2m

Barazite loan

Cleverley loan (take a punt)

Koren bosman

Benalouane £800k-£1m

DeMerit bosman

Scharner bosman

Hopefully we get Jelavic but if it falls through then i'd rather see us go for Mphela. Also if the Jelavic move is a no-go then that'd leave us with £ to spend on a number of players instead of the one.

If the reports are true about the Jelavic & Smith moves then that'd mean Walter would have in the excess of £5m to spend.

I'd like to see us go for the following players, obviously we couldn't get them all but attempt moves for them:

Mphela £1m

Welcome £500k (tbh don't know much about him but he's cheap)

Whittingham £1-2m

George Boyd £1-2m

Barazite loan

Koren bosman

Benalouane £800k-£1m

DeMerit bosman

I doubt we will get welcome mate as in one of the papers tomorrow it says, we are struggling to get him a work permit.

Mphela £1m

Caicedo loan

Benjani bosman?

Whittingham £1-2m

George Boyd £1-2m

Barazite loan

Koren bosman

Benalouane £800k-£1m

DeMerit bosman

Scharner bosman

are these new reports or the ones we all know about already?

Mphela £1m

Caicedo loan

Benjani bosman?

Whittingham £1-2m

George Boyd £1-2m

Barazite loan

Koren bosman

Benalouane £800k-£1m

DeMerit bosman

Scharner bosman

A few decent ones there but quite a few we'll never get, lower league prem teams will take Koren, Whittingham, Sharner, Benjani and Cleverly tbh and same with Caicedo. I wouldn't touch George Boyd but Barazite, Mphela and a few others please

Mphela £1m

Caicedo loan

Benjani bosman?

Whittingham £1-2m

George Boyd £1-2m

Barazite loan

Koren bosman

Benalouane £800k-£1m

DeMerit bosman

Scharner bosman

Well it's been reported that Rapid KO'd our £3.5m bid and now we're reported to have structured a deal worth £4.2m for Jelavic and SSN reported today that QPR & us have began talks with Portsmouth over the £1.5m move for Smith, so i dunno? i'm just going with what i hear from those two moves because they have credible information.

I'm very disappointed that this guy is now apparently not going to be signing, but the one pleasing thing is that we're not being taken for complete mugs like we would have in the past. The Austrians have fecked us about far too much in this whole charade and if they agreed to a sell-on clause and bonus payments to the player, they should pay up and learn their lesson for next time.

The back-up targets are far from pleasing, but we have to just assume there's no better available for the same money.

@ Scott i know we couldnt get them all but i'm just making a list of possible targets and basically choose 3-4 out of them. Tbh i think we're okay for defenders but two midfielders and a striker or two would do. So i'd like to see us go for 2 mids & 2 forwards or 1 defender, 2 mids & a striker.

Yeah i agree, Scharner is a long shot although if he was so much in demand wouldn't he have been signed up by a EPL team yet? the CL could be a big attraction to players who have never played in the competition before and therefore may be more reluctant to come to us.

Two days, ago we were told we had made two more bids for player, We all ready knew we had a bid accepted from rapid, so is it not possible that we could sign beattie and jela or could we not afford it? (tu)

I can't really see the logic of signing two strikers when we know that we desperately need wingers. I think we're only seriously in the market for one striker

Two days, ago we were told we had made two more bids for player, We all ready knew we had a bid accepted from rapid, so is it not possible that we could sign beattie and jela or could we not afford it? (tu)

I can't really see the logic of signing two strikers when we know that we desperately need wingers. I think we're only seriously in the market for one striker

Surely our youth team wingers are reasonable enough to be able to give a good game to the defensive wardrobes that are the RB and LBs of Scottish Football. I just really don't want us to spend any money when we have loads of young players who would jump at the chance. At the end of the day i'm just worried we end up with another Capucho for the sake of signing someone!

a.k.a beattie or smith. i think they would be terrible signings for rangers. we need jelavic! :disappointment:

I'd take Jelavic, Mphela & Barazite right now and attempt a punt a Cleverley too, with hopefully Sir Alex doing his old club a favour. He's a Govan man so he should tap him to us for free for the season because i highly doubt the lad will get a look in at United.

Ensure we bag Jelavic (£3.5m) then look at the other three Mphela (£1m - relatively low wage demand), Barazite (loan - low wages) and Cleverley (loan - low wages) although i doubt we'll go for Cleverley since we seem to be courting oldies such as Beattie & Smith.

Ferguson stated: "Tom Cleverley is going to stay. He is an exceptional young player in the sense of his ability to play in different positions.

"He is such a mobile boy who can play wide on either side and in central midfield. Also, which he has showed at Watford last year, he is a goalscorer.

"Tom has got outstanding qualities as far as goalscoring is concerned, so he is going to stay."

He wont backtrack on that

Yeah ano man old Alex backtracked on his original plans anyway because he initially said that he was going to loan out Welbeck & Cleverley but then Cleverley impressed during pre-season and now he wants him to warm United's bench. Nani, Valencia, Giggs, Obertan, Park, Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Scholes, Gibson are all players that'll most likely be considered ahead of him.