Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

It seems a step in the right direction if we are allowed to talk to Jelavic and his agent but there is still a long way to go for this deal to be completed.

He is away with Croatia so nothing official will happen until Thursday or Friday and who is to say we will agree a deal with Rapid Vienna? Looks like more waiting.

If we're still in the hunt by Thursday then I'm convinced he'll be a Rangers player.

Surely to god we wouldn't be interested until then if it wasn't a goer?

I wish the club would keep us up to date a bit more, I hate all this speculation.

There is only so much the Club can tells us but if you look at the official site then there have been a number of comments from Walter in the last few days.What really pleased me is that Kenny Miller has come straight out and said we would welcome Jelavic to Ibrox.So thats a big message to Jelavic and thats what we need to be doing if Rapid want to play hardball.Nothing like an unsettled player to make you change your mind!

It seems a step in the right direction if we are allowed to talk to Jelavic and his agent but there is still a long way to go for this deal to be completed.

He is away with Croatia so nothing official will happen until Thursday or Friday and who is to say we will agree a deal with Rapid Vienna? Looks like more waiting.

If we're still in the hunt by Thursday then I'm convinced he'll be a Rangers player.

Surely to god we wouldn't be interested until then if it wasn't a goer?

I wish the club would keep us up to date a bit more, I hate all this speculation.

There is only so much the Club can tells us but if you look at the official site then there have been a number of comments from Walter in the last few days.What really pleased me is that Kenny Miller has come straight out and said we would welcome Jelavic to Ibrox.So thats a big message to Jelavic and thats what we need to be doing if Rapid want to play hardball.Nothing like an unsettled player to make you change your mind!

True mate, good point (tu)

gone on far too long now ,aint gonnae happen, weve been strung along again i think . dont think we have much idea how to conduct negotiations in the transfer market whether its buying or selling, meanwhile the taigs get 10mill for an overated irish dancer

what makes you say that?

The only thing that seems to be botherin me about this transfer is by every day he hasn't signed he seems to becomin an even better player by some peoples post and knowin how fickle some rangers fans are and alot of them post on here can just see the abuse hel be gettin if he signs and doesn't score a hattrick against say killie on sat or the first time he misses an easy chance and the good old that's a fuckin waste of 4 million he's never worth that amount all the doom and gloom merchants come out blamin everyone if he signs give the guy a chance to settle and IMO a think he will go on to score alot of goals for us

Out of interest, anyone know where Jelavic is in the pecking order in terms of Croatian strikers?

probably 5th in line behind eduardo, olic, petric and mandzukic (tu)

that would make him 5th

I am getting very wary about this transfer now. Taking far too long. If we have other targets lets get them and stop being fecked around by Rapid. It was the same nonsense with Sebo and he was a dud.

i have read the articles about jelavic do you think he is worth the 4 million we are about to spent on him...and what happens if it doesn't go through should we not be going after different players?