Tommy Smith on his way

Ibroxblue

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck sake, we offered £300,000 for him TWO MONTHS ago. How can Walter justify offering 5 fold more in just 2 months.

Portsmouth reject Rangers' 'derisory' bid for Tommy Smith

• Reported £300,000 offer turned down by Pompey administrator

• 'I was gobsmacked when I was told. It was an absolute joke'

The Portsmouth administrator, Andrew Andronikou, has described Rangers' reported £300,000 bid for Tommy Smith as "derisory".

Andronikou confirmed he received the offer from Rangers through an agent this week but, despite Pompey's financial problems, he insists the 30-year-old striker will only be sold if the Fratton Park club's £1.5m valuation is met.

"I've received an offer from Rangers for Tommy Smith," he told the Scottish Daily Express. "It came via the player's agent earlier this week but has been turned down flat.

"I have to say I was absolutely gobsmacked when I was told about the offer. It was an absolute joke, nowhere near the level we value Tommy. It can only be described as derisory.

"If clubs think that because Portsmouth are in administration we will accept any old offer, then they are mistaken. There will be no fire sale here and players will only be sold if we receive offers that meet our valuation."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/03/portsmouth-rangers-tommy-smith

Rangers are such pussies when it comes to playing hard ball. This week alone (if this is true) We have just met Rapids demands AND Portsmouth's demands.

Not seen any of this guy, never even heard of him.

If anything does happen, i'll give him time to prove himself in a Rangers jersey, rather than getting on his back straight away, and I hope others would too ;)

:lol:

I hope to fuck you are baiting.

I'm not even going to bother reading this entire thread because i know what the majority of the responses will be.

All I'm going to say is that I think Smith would be a good signing and if this happens then welcome on board.

(tu)

Too many people on here saying he's not good enough when they probably haven't seen him play before.

Would it no have been better to keep Novo than sign this cunt?

Novo wanted first team action and we couldn't give him that.

I doubt Smith will come up here to sit on the bench. Walter is obviosuly going to tell him he'll be in the first team.

Would it no have been better to keep Novo than sign this cunt?

Novo wanted first team action and we couldn't give him that.

I doubt Smith will come up here to sit on the bench. Walter is obviosuly going to tell him he'll be in the first team.

Can't see Walter going 4-3-3 with any combo of potentially Miller, Lafferty, Smith and Jelavic in the squad.

Someone will have to be benched, even if Lafferty goes back to left mid.

just hope this guys as pish as everyone on here thinks he is

heaven forbid our manager knows more than most of us

anyway if you sign tommy welcome and i hope you prove your ability thts seen you play in the EPL

Put that sensible hat away mate :P

this whole thread is qiute sad , the guy hasnt signed, played or even been caught pished on a night out with mcgregor and most of our fans want to put the boot into him

at least let him play before any comments about his ability please

Was just looking at a Pompey forum people making comments that they would drive him up here thereself. This boy is fucking horrid!!! why even consider paying £1.5m. I will be gutted if it goes through.

Must depend on the Pompey board you choose. I was reading comments from a forum where there were genuine expressions of disappointment regarding his imminent departure.

I just phoned my mate there to make sure i wasnt thinking of someone else and he said that the guys at watford were saying hes brilliant and would be a great signing for us if it happens! So many people on here just jump the gun cos theyve not heard of him!