Beattie Debut

CallumRangers

Beattie Debut  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think James Beattie did OK on his debut ?

• Aye he was good
    • Naw wasn't good , lacks match fitness
    • No to bad but not brilliant

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a 6 out of 10, and considering he probably met most of his team mates today, thats not too bad... His touch looks a little out of sort and he is quite slow to react but that will probably come to him within a few games, will have to reserve judgement for a while...

Like BN said there was times where he dropped deep and I thought there was a few times where he seemed reluctant to join attacks, maybe he is not used to a lot of players bombing forward around him but he will soon get used to it

Effort was there but clearly lacked fitness. Seemed to drift deep and wide at times, he would have been better staying in or around the box IMO.

when hatley first arrived he was slow and took more than a few weeks to adjust to the pace, infact a game i was at a guy shouted to him , hatley ya big bassa , ive seen mere speed in a bag oh drum sulph, lol. but look at what the guy went on to do for us, also keane for the manks took a good few games before he hut the net, they were all moaning about him. beattie will come good

the guy has played two reserve matches in pre-season, not the full 90 minutes either, has the tour of the stadium, signs yesterday, is forced to play when not ready, and yet people expect a world beater. I would rather a half fit player who showed some touches of class, than a fit one who has no touch and little skill. Beattie will come good, and he shows a nice attitude about him. Give him a couple of matches to get into the groove.

the guy has played two reserve matches in pre-season, not the full 90 minutes either, has the tour of the stadium, signs yesterday, is forced to play when not ready, and yet people expect a world beater. I would rather a half fit player who showed some touches of class, than a fit one who has no touch and little skill. Beattie will come good, and he shows a nice attitude about him. Give him a couple of matches to get into the groove.

i personally have no worries about him, as i KNOW he will come good ;) just wondered about PS games. Few games should be good for him tho :)

Lacked match fitness hugely, 10 minutes gone and he was fucked. But thats to be expected, im guessing he hasn't trained with the players either.

But I'd say he was encouraging, he knows where the net is and forced the keeper into a good save and had one shot blocked off the line (unlucky not to score)

Thought he was making good runs aswell, with a bit more pace and understanding of the team, he'l contribute well.

Once he gets his fitness up,gets himself and his family settled in their new home, he will be a good un. was a little surprised that whittaker and lafferty were standing over the free kicks when the big man was on the field as i thought he was a dead ball expert and i cant remember whittaker or lafferty ever bending one in before.

Once he gets his fitness up,gets himself and his family settled in their new home, he will be a good un. was a little surprised that whittaker and lafferty were standing over the free kicks when the big man was on the field as i thought he was a dead ball expert and i cant remember whittaker or lafferty ever bending one in before.

I was itching for Beattie to step up and have a crack at a freekick, hopefully he'll earn that role.

I dont see why everyone is underestimating him already !!.

he has played 2 pre season RESERVE matches :anguish:

he did look rather slow and a bit stiff but im sure will improve throughout the season :beattie:!!

Nowhere near match fit. He has played 2 reserve games for Stoke I think and he didn't even play the full 90.

Walter said himself he didn't want to start him but lack of players forced his hand.

He will get up to speed in the coming weeks and we will see the real Beattie.

To be fair I think he did quite well, encouraging enough display.

This. It was obvious that he wanted to score really badly but looked slow and a bit out of touch.

That is pretty worrying that a professional footballer was knackered after 10 minutes. Should have been looking after himself pre-season and you dont just get that fitness back. Will take a while!

First few touches looked rather nervous. Totally understandable.

Most of first half I thought he did OK.

Two chances on goal.

Not match fit.

Hopefully he'll come up with the goods.

I am not writing him of after 80 minutes on his debut.

You could tell he wasnt fit but i dont know about people saying he was slow.

Hes not as quick as Miller or that but hes quicker than Boyd, Velicka etc IMO.

A few times when the ball was played in behind he got onto the end of them well before the defender and the other couple that went out he wasnt far away from...promising debut though and can only get better once he gels and gets match sharpness.

He looks like he is class in the air though, his knock-downs and jumping in general was good today.

On a side note though, what was he doing when he had the chance 1vs1....

You could tell he wasnt fit but i dont know about people saying he was slow.

Hes not as quick as Miller or that but hes quicker than Boyd, Velicka etc IMO.

A few times when the ball was played in behind he got onto the end of them well before the defender and the other couple that went out he wasnt far away from...promising debut though and can only get better once he gels and gets match sharpness.

He looks like he is class in the air though, his knock-downs and jumping in general was good today.

On a side note though, what was he doing when he had the chance 1vs1....

i think he was just trying to imprese :blush:

as you would do on your debut and your 1v1 with the goalie :rolleyes:

thought he looked exactly what he is an over the hill has been playing against nobody. if i was a young striker at ibrox id tell wattie to stick it. if the likes of loy cant perform better than that he should chuck it . really hope im wrong guys but beattie looks like so many duds we have signed in the past

i think he was just trying to imprese :blush:

as you would do on your debut and your 1v1 with the goalie :rolleyes:

Why you rolling your eyes?

I said he thought he had a good debut but made an arse out of the 1vs1 whats wrong with that?

Why you rolling your eyes?

I said he thought he had a good debut but made an arse out of the 1vs1 whats wrong with that?

Calm the fuck down.

Was just putting an emotion there didn't mean it to you.