Beattie Debut

CallumRangers

Beattie Debut  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think James Beattie did OK on his debut ?

• Aye he was good
    • Naw wasn't good , lacks match fitness
    • No to bad but not brilliant

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad.

He's obviously lacking match fitness but he didn't go missing and worked back when he had to.

If he'd scored that chance people would be praising him, it was a good save.

he looked off the pace today. hopefully after a few matches we'll see him contribute a bit more. his first touch wasn't great either...

IMO we really need jelavic, as a partnership of miller and beattie will not be good enough for the league and definitely not for the CL!

Nowhere near match fit. He has played 2 reserve games for Stoke I think and he didn't even play the full 90.

Walter said himself he didn't want to start him but lack of players forced his hand.

He will get up to speed in the coming weeks and we will see the real Beattie.

To be fair I think he did quite well, encouraging enough display.

Isn't fit at all, I'm sure he'll start scoring eventually, just need a bit of time.

suprised he started tbh. altho i didnt realise davis was going to be out. thot beatties movement was alright, was unlucky in 1st half and shoulda done better with that chance in 2nd half. Still confident enough that he will be a good/decent signing

we looked dodgy at the back imo

I thought he was poor. He made Boyd look like a mobile striker.

Sluggish, overweight and lacking match sharpeness.

He strolled around the park like it was a testimonial game and was laughing all the time.

If he is going to be a success he needs to get fit and take playing for Rangers more serious.

Not a good debut.

I thought he was poor. He made Boyd look like a mobile striker.

Sluggish, overweight and lacking match sharpeness.

He strolled around the park like it was a testimonial game and was laughing all the time.

If he is going to be a success he needs to get fit and take playing for Rangers more serious.

Not a good debut.

He didn't look overweight at all.

He showed good movement and chased down a lot of balls but he didn't look sharp.

Who cares if he was laughing ffs :lol: he tried hard today and was unlucky.

suprised he started tbh. altho i didnt realise davis was going to be out. thot beatties movement was alright, was unlucky in 1st half and shoulda done better with that chance in 2nd half. Still confident enough that he will be a good/decent signing

we looked dodgy at the back imo

I read that and think Papac straight away.

Not very good, but he's nowhere near match fit.

Slow, poor touch, struggled to get involved for periods. He was blowing out his hoop after 30 minutes. Should have scored aswell, and I thought he sat too deep at times.

He needs training sessions, and games before he is up and running. Only played one and a half pre-season games, and I think one of them was for the reserves!?

Thought he was poor, 1.5 million on a 32 year old has-been is not a great buy and i can't see why so many on here are excited about it.

But as usual i hope he proves me wrong, and maybe i'm being harsh.

I feel the same way you do about the signing, really hope i'm proved wrong and saw a few glimpses whihc made me think that I might be.