Weir or Webster

thomas_91

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to partner Boogie?

With Davie not gettin any younger, for me i would start giving Andy a few games (that includes CL games) Davie is slow and wont be able to handle players with pace, although his experience is a cut above the rest, just feel Andy needs a chance now

:weir: :webster:

No contest for me. Weir all the way. He has a vast amount of experience and is used to playing in the current Rangers side.

Not taking anything away from Webster I think he was Dundee Utd's best player last season I think he can fill in for Boughy when he goes on his wee jaunts to Algeria.

Weir's lack of pace is a worry. Papac is an even bigger bombscare at the moment.

Time for Webster to be brought in to the side, whether that'll be for Boughy when on international duty or to give weir a rest is up to Walter. I'd like to see more defensive options brought in by the end of the window as I'm not looking forward to Broadfoot being used when injury and suspension affects the team.

Voted for Davie.

We need players that will go baw deep for the cause and time and again Davie Weir has proved himself to be prepared to do just that for The Rangers - on the other hand Webster has been on the treatment table more often than the football field since he arrived at Rangers.

Davie Weir has earned the captains armband and the right to a place in the starting 11 and that shouldn't change until he gets injured , suspended or suffers a loss of form in which case it's up to Walter to replace him for the good of the team if he sees fit.

No contest for me. Weir all the way. He has a vast amount of experience and is used to playing in the current Rangers side.

Not taking anything away from Webster I think he was Dundee Utd's best player last season I think he can fill in for Boughy when he goes on his wee jaunts to Algeria.

Weir is slowing down - no doubts - but he isn't any slower this season than he was last season.

As for Bougherra - his goal-line clearance turned the game but overall I thought he had a poor game and gave the ball away far too often and too easily.

Rather than Webster replacing Weir, maybe he should be replacing Boogie once in a while - just to keep the big Algerian's feet on the ground.

On present form none of the 3 have inspired me with much confidence.Bougherra's goal line clearance apart they have all looked shaky and Webster is injured yet again.

It won't happen but if we sold Webster to Dundee Utd and bought another pacy and commanding centre half i would play him with Bougherra and keep Weir on the bench...especially in CL games.

We sit far too deep and indeed it could be argued that in away games Weir is pretty much playing like a sweeper he is that far back.

Lack of pace is Weir's only real weakness at that level and i think we all wish we had got him about 15 years ago instead of 3.

Got to be webster for me, weir has been amazing for us but the signs are there that he is slowing down. He can still do It in the spl but not every game but when it comes to Europe it's got to be Webster.

Just a point here but what has Webster done in Europe in his entire career?

I would pick Weir ahead of Webster every time even though his lack of pace is a liability.

Drop Weir for Webster because Weir is slow...

Dont know when the last time any of you seen Webster play but hes just as slow as Weir!!

No point risking Webster when Weir hasnt done anything wrong...

Just a point here but what has Webster done in Europe in his entire career?

I would pick Weir ahead of Webster every time even though his lack of pace is a liability.

true, but i was really just thinking of the age factor and think webster would be a bit quicker, especially against the top stikers we will come up against in europe.

don't get me wrong, i love weir but he is 40 now and he can't go on forever, thats just a fact. i hope he doesn't go on too long and make big costly blunders.

true, but i was really just thinking of the age factor and think webster would be a bit quicker, especially against the top stikers we will come up against in europe.

don't get me wrong, i love weir but he is 40 now and he can't go on forever, thats just a fact. i hope he doesn't go on too long and make big costly blunders.

Webster isn't that quick and Weir never missed a game through injury or suspension last season.He retains the jersey until such times as Webster stays injury free and performs to Weir's high standards.

However in the ideal world none of them would be in my team for CL games.