Greeting from Bursa (The city of Green Crocodiles)

zeagle

But for you... all of you will be in Bursa for days.Bursa citizens are very hospitable people. But match day ı advice you to be more attentive. You will see lots of Celtic strips.Also you will be drunk. Dont tell anything to supporters which weared Celtic strips. Dont swear green and white. Dont make a pass especiallay girls. Dont go around as conquerers especially match day. If Bursa fans doesnt allow sb , anybody can walk araound at Bursa streeets with another team strips.

shortly we are not to accustomed to away fans go around at Bursa.

so there will be lots of celtic tops being worn by burspa fans (or whatever they are called) and you ask for respect? well how about you show us a bit of respect? go to the game and enjoy yourself. dont threaten people especially Scottish people. we can be the nicest people in the world but Scottish people and Glaswegians especially dont take too kindly to being treated like a fool and wont tolerate any nonsense. dont act like a dick and you will be fine.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so there will be lots of celtic tops being worn by burspa fans (or whatever they are called) and you ask for respect? well how about you show us a bit of respect? go to the game and enjoy yourself. dont threaten people especially Scottish people. we can be the nicest people in the world but Scottish people and Glaswegians especially dont take too kindly to being treated like a fool and wont tolerate any nonsense. dont act like a dick and you will be fine.

Was thinking that myself.

i think baltic blue is only talking sense,the guy's giving you advice cos he comes from there,now you wanna give it the bigen and play jack the lad,get yourself a green top and burn it in ATATURK plaza or whatever it's called,,,,,,,

p.s:don't try to look around you,i won't be around!

In Turkey if you go to a away game and you are not mates home team fans , home team fans dont allow away fans to round araound the city. Polices takey Away team fans from out of city and directly bring them to the stadium . After the match they wait for a hour at the stadium ( for waiting home fans to gone out of stadium area ) after that police directly take away teams to out of the city.

while transporting by the police away team convoy doesnt stop at traffic lights and lots of police car travel with them.

But for you... all of you will be in Bursa for days.Bursa citizens are very hospitable people. But match day ı advice you to be more attentive. You will see lots of Celtic strips.Also you will be drunk. Dont tell anything to supporters which weared Celtic strips. Dont swear green and white. Dont make a pass especiallay girls. Dont go around as conquerers especially match day. If Bursa fans doesnt allow sb , anybody can walk araound at Bursa streeets with another team strips.

shortly we are not to accustomed to away fans go around at Bursa.

I dont tell this for theating you. I want to inform you.

Also if you will put up Bursaspor fans in Glasgow and have good relation in Bursaspor fans in Turkey you could feel you as a king.

In addition I wont write about this subject cause some of you get it ( what ı said) wrong.

WE will be happy to wellcome you.

Why not ? Will you get jealous ? When you come here remember don't make passes at the boys unless they come from the glitterdome or you will get torn up for arse papaer ! (tu):sherlock:

Credit to the lads from Bursa for coming on here and offering help. Been lurking about the forums for a while so just wanted to chip in my tuppence about advice for Turkey - have been there a number of times, my friend back-packed across much of Turkey too.

It's a really hospitable place; in fact my mate moaned it took him forever to travel through Turkey as he kept on getting invited into peoples homes! I think the lads are posting fairly common sense stuff - ie, don't wind up the locals. The point specifically about the girls - remember Turkey is a primarily Muslim country (despite also being strongly secular thanks to Ataturk). Because of that, it is a more conservative place (ie, not Glasgow on a Saturday night). As I said, it's common sense stuff. Oh, one other thing - don't mess with the police. Nobody messes with the police over there - they don't seem to have a bad rep (certainly not where I've been) but I reckon they'd make the Manchester riot police seem like fairies if any eejits provoked them! :D

Hope anyone going has a great time and look forward to welcoming the Bursaspor fans over here.

why will they be weaing CELTIC STRIPS.? to provoke us.????????

SOUNDS LIKE THERE TAKING TH PISS ALREADY. DO YOU NOT WERE YOUR OWN TEAMS STRIPS.????????

OR IS IT JUST BECAUSE RANGERS ARE COMING.????????

They have always wore some Celtic items. Same with them wearomg Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon and other teams items. They have a little tradition of wearing the same colours of all other teams as thier own.

It's nothing personal so let's not take serious offence and make a big deal of it.

We are out there to have a good few beers, a sing song and support the Rangers - not to be offended.

I may consider wearing their orange 3rd strip, or swapping for an orange scarf, but to be quite honest, I'm wondering about the availabilty of tickets more than anything else.

Are black market tickets available usually on matchdays?

I may consider wearing their orange 3rd strip, or swapping for an orange scarf, but to be quite honest, I'm wondering about the availabilty of tickets more than anything else.

Are black market tickets available usually on matchdays?

A few Lira to the boy on the gate, should see you into the Rangers end ok.

A few Lira to the boy on the gate, should see you into the Rangers end ok.

:D

ı have never seen this method. an it doesnt work in turkey.

I advice you one ticket 2 fans pass.

There will be iron police wall ( like a cage ) over the stadium. You will show your ticket and pass into the cage ( stadium ) . firstly you get into the cage and your friend wait out of the cage. After you will give your ticket yo your friend ( secretly - dont show the police this operation :D ) he will enter the cage with the same ticket. so you are in and you have one ticket but 2 fans.

Get into the queue for entering stadium and try to pass with one ticket. Firstly they dont want to allow this but after some trouble they would allow.

this is turkish holigans methods :)

any club that has to cage in supporters should not be allowed to play in the champions league. fair enough a bit of passion is good but to cage fans in is disgraceful. we get threatened with being banned for singing songs that we have sung for years yet teams like this get away with throwing flares and caging fans in.

any club that has to cage in supporters should not be allowed to play in the champions league. fair enough a bit of passion is good but to cage fans in is disgraceful. we get threatened with being banned for singing songs that we have sung for years yet teams like this get away with throwing flares and caging fans in.

Maybe-cos-their-fans-have-got-a-pair?

We're-up-to-the-knees-in...........................................................

Maybe-cos-their-fans-have-got-a-pair?

We're-up-to-the-knees-in...........................................................

my point was that they get away with it though. as soon as we do something that people dont like then uefa are threatening all sorts of shit.

this is not a cage like you understood. Just for security zone. you will be out of this cage. just when you want to enter the stadium first you will pass this cage and get into the stadium. you donw wait in this cage.

if there is queue for entrace yo will wait for 5 or 10 minutes in it to get in to the stadium.

ı am sure you dint understand ı will put photos tomorrow ;)

this is not a cage like you understood. Just for security zone. you will be out of this cage. just when you want to enter the stadium first you will pass this cage and get into the stadium. you donw wait in this cage.

if there is queue for entrace yo will wait for 5 or 10 minutes in it to get in to the stadium.

ı am sure you dint understand ı will put photos tomorrow ;)

fair enough. i still stand by my point about flares and things though which by the way i think are great i just get pissed off with the double standards