Lee McCulloch

GOAT

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He played ok but I still think we have have a glaring fault within our midfield with the time and space we give the opposition from around 35 - 20 yards from our goal. We just dont close down at all.

I wouldnt necessarily blame McCulloch for this though as its been a problem for a season or two now regardless of who we've used in midfield.

He played ok but I still think we have have a glaring fault within our midfield with the time and space we give the opposition from around 35 - 20 yards from our goal. We just dont close down at all.

I wouldnt necessarily blame McCulloch for this though as its been a problem for a season or two now regardless of who we've used in midfield.

The problem with McCulloch is that he doesn't have the brains to play defensive midfield. He doesn't know how to close space down or cut out a players options, he's first thought is too charge into the player and give away stupid free kicks which put us under pressure.

He chases the ball too much instead of cutting out attacking players options. A player who did this well was Hemdani. Now I wasn't his biggest fan but he knew how to play this position really well. He would never dive in or chase the ball like a bulldog but what he did do was cut off all options for the attacking player then judge his the timing of his interception really well.

Unlike Hemdani, Lee charges towards the player, then when he gets beaten it leaves the attacking player a free run at our defence.

I agree, he offers the defence a lot of cover, is great at breaking up play and his pass for Miller was brilliant. He always has the odd daft challenge though, he can't resist. Davis hasn't even started the season yet, he's been pretty poor in all 3 games so far.

another average performance from a distincly average player . credit where its due , his pass for the winner was well played and well weighted , something i dont really expect from lee .

nice to see he picked up his friend , the yellow card , which he cant seem to go a game without seeing and which is the reason why he was out of the team in the first place .

which brings me to my main grievance with today . imo , mcculloch shouldnt have been thrown straight into the starting line up today . we were on a two game winning streak in the league and although edu hadnt been a stand out in either game , i dont think weve had many bar miller last week . i also think this is a big season for edu and he needs a run of games , im sure this will do nothing for his confidence . mcculloch should hav been left out, made to work hard for his place in the side and in theory get more out of both players . i also think that a prolonged seat on the bench would maybe make him have a look at his game , and realise that too many stupid bookings may cost him a place in the side , all for the good of the team though .

watp

In the 1st half he was one of the few I thought deserved pass marks. He read the game pretty well and made some timely interventions. His passing was good today too, especially compared to Davis who was possibly our worst player, at least in the 1st half. Probably Davis' worst game in a Rangers jersey.

Of course there's a section of our support who have made up their minds on McCulloch and can't wait to slaughter him, but today he did little wrong and a lot right. He deserves our backing as much as any other player that plays for Rangers.

In the 1st half he was one of the few I thought deserved pass marks. He read the game pretty well and made some timely interventions. His passing was good today too, especially compared to Davis who was possibly our worst player, at least in the 1st half. Probably Davis' worst game in a Rangers jersey.

Of course there's a section of our support who have made up their minds on McCulloch and can't wait to slaughter him, but today he did little wrong and a lot right. He deserves our backing as much as any other player that plays for Rangers.

Hard to argue with this. The last 3 games he's not done much.

What are these 3 games that Davis has played?

I thought Lee was sitting too deep and giving their midfielders too much space, meaning he had to charge at them at the last minute (which makes it seems like he's working hard, when he should be closer to them in the first place). He didn't seem to waste many passes though, and a great assist for Miller.