Clubs interested in Kyle Lafferty?

RFC55

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lafferty's had it rough, don't get me wrong he's not worth the money we paid for him but Walter seems to think he's a winger when that's the farthest thing from the truth.

He's a striker and when Walter decided to drop that fat prick Boyd in last seasons title run-in and gave Lafferty a shot up front with Miller he played some of his best football in a Rangers jersey and that's no coincidence because he's a striker. He plays up top for Northern Ireland and seems to do a decent job for them there.

His form towards the end of last season made me question why we were spending £1.5m on a 32 year old striker when we were already okay for places up front and i never doubted that we wouldn't get Jelavic.

That £1.5m + wages that Beattie's cost could've and should've went to a left winger therefore that'd allow Walter to stop playing Lafferty there and provide better balance to our team with two natural wide men on the flanks.

Lafferty's had it rough, don't get me wrong he's not worth the money we paid for him but Walter seems to think he's a winger when that's the farthest thing from the truth.

He's a striker and when Walter decided to drop that fat prick Boyd in last seasons title run-in and gave Lafferty a shot up front with Miller he played some of his best football in a Rangers jersey and that's no coincidence because he's a striker. He plays up top for Northern Ireland and seems to do a decent job for them there.

His form towards the end of last season made me question why we were spending £1.5m on a 32 year old striker when we were already okay for places up front and i never doubted that we wouldn't get Jelavic.

That £1.5m + wages that Beattie's cost could've and should've went to a left winger therefore that'd allow Walter to stop playing Lafferty there and provide better balance to our team with two natural wide men on the flanks.

I disagree that he's a no-questions-asked striker.

He's played 80% of his career on the left wing under several managers, that speaks volumes.

He's more of a winger than a striker in my eyes.

have to say yes he is a dafty but when he shows up to games he is amazing plus he does some good runs and weiss cant play every game cos he will be as blue as our top all over his body plus wae laffertys strenth he can annoy teams hopefully we dont sell him and if we dae he better bring in some1 that is quick and strong and does funny dances

He has Miller, Jelavic & Beattie ahead of him for a position that people claim is his 'natural' position and he is competing with Fleck, Weiss, Naismith & Wylde for a game in his 'secondary' position.

We can afford to lose him. Small squad or not and his hefty wage, as well as a possible 1-1.5 million pound windfall, would free up the cash which would allow us to bring in two more players (one on loan and one on a permanent deal)

If this has any legs what so ever, I think Walter will have a few things in the pipeline.

so beattie who has been crap at the start and also wylde and fleck are ahead of him on playing left wing weiss and naisy are rite footers so stupid to play them there and also we need all the players we need

Get rid.

Even on loan, the money saved on wages could be put to securing Miller, who actually does something for Rangers.

Lafferty is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and will never come good. I don't understand why so many folk are willing to give him more time. Plenty of players have came to Ibrox, done well AND been sold in less time than Laffertys been here.

to release Lafferty would be a mistake. He gives us options in attack and is a willing runner getting back and defending. He will always be regarded as an idiot, due to the Charlie Mulgrew incident, but his sending off last week was not really a sending off offence, but a moment of passion made it seem worse. Kyle Lafferty is an important member of the first team squad, which is still painfully thin. Remember his contribution to the last 2 titles (did he not score the title winning goals over the last 2 seasons?)

One day Lafferty will become a top player for Rangers. Remember the feelings toward Hateley when he first arrived? remember the anti-McCoist brigade? What about Kenny Miller? How about giving Lafferty a break.

I can exclusively reveal that I'm currently in the little chef in Carlisle with big Kyle. I offered to run him down to the north f England this morning just so he is handy for a number of English clubs. I'm having the full breakfast, Kyles gone for the Olympic (I'm richer than you mug fans) breakfast. Will provide updates during the day.

to release Lafferty would be a mistake. He gives us options in attack and is a willing runner getting back and defending. He will always be regarded as an idiot, due to the Charlie Mulgrew incident, but his sending off last week was not really a sending off offence, but a moment of passion made it seem worse. Kyle Lafferty is an important member of the first team squad, which is still painfully thin. Remember his contribution to the last 2 titles (did he not score the title winning goals over the last 2 seasons?)

One day Lafferty will become a top player for Rangers. Remember the feelings toward Hateley when he first arrived? remember the anti-McCoist brigade? What about Kenny Miller? How about giving Lafferty a break.

When?? He has been with us 2 seasons now this is his 3rd season and i dont see him ever being a TOP player with us. Time to cut our losses and move him on