Andy Webster today

bluenose4life

He was to blame for BOTH of those goals. My question, was it becasue he was rusty, or was it because he isnt good enough for us. I'd love to think it was that he was rusty, as he has been terrific in the past, but i hope to see Weir with Boogie on Sunday as the thought of Webster in there terrifies me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the first one was Broadfoot's fault. The free header was at the left back area. He was nowhere to be seen.

The second one was more Webster's fault. Although everyone seemed to be posted missing.

I don't think he done too bad, all things considering.

He's played one competetive game for us before tonight in about 4 years , a would cut him some slack on this occasion. Not a big fan of his though , back up if anything.

thats why i said abotu being rusty - was'nt having a go at him (tu) to be honest, i like the guy!

he's never going to be good for us.he's always going to be injury prone. can't believe he can play a full 5 months for utd, & not get 1 injury,but he comes back to us,plays 2 pre season games for us, & gets injured.

seems ridiculous doesn't it, makes you wonder if the training regime he is doing at Murray park has anything to do with it

One of the goals I feel was probably more Broadfoot's fault than Webster in all honesty.

Irrespective, rusty or not every defender makes mistakes, Weir has caused us goals, Papac has caused us goals, Bougherra has caused us goals, people are just more aware of Webster as he is being watched more closely as he hasn't exactly had much game time with us.

One of the goals I feel was probably more Broadfoot's fault than Webster in all honesty.

Irrespective, rusty or not every defender makes mistakes, Weir has caused us goals, Papac has caused us goals, Bougherra has caused us goals, people are just more aware of Webster as he is being watched more closely as he hasn't exactly had much game time with us.

P_I_B...Nail-Head (tu)

think need 2 give him a bit of time. its a big step from utd to rangers. and the guy is jst coming bak from injury *** again*** but after a few games we will c if he is good enough. still bak weir tho!!

Well said (tu)

Its just so frustrating how well he did when he was at United, never injured, in the team of the week lists every week yet he comes back to us and gets injured almost straight away doh Hopefully thats his injury problems over and he starts to shine for us

I can see Webster being the new scape-goat at this rate.

He's a decent defender if people will give him a chance. Some other Rangers players get away with murder and nothing ever said.

He's only going to be back-up to Weir and Bougherra anyway so what's the problem?