ALL discussions regarding Rooney's future

andymc10

Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson: "I haven't read Wayne Rooney's statement, but we'll have a view on it tomorrow and probably put it to bed tomorrow. As I said, the door is open. We keep good players, particularly when they are that young. He wants assurances? Have I won 30 trophies or what?!"

Up ye Rooney.

GIRFUY

SAF :praise:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Boyd-factor taking effect in shreks head!

Obviously he's going for the money, hope his career goes up the pan like Boyds'

Yea, I'm not sure how long he's been at United (6-7 years?), but hes certainly been there long enough to figure out for himself they dont buy world class players, they create them.

This whole lack of ambition thing is just nonsense, he wants more money, simple as that.

The Rooney statement:

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney's concerns over the club's squad strength are behind his decision to dramatically seek an Old Trafford exit.

The 24-year-old, whose deal expires in the summer of 2012, revealed he had spoken to chief executive David Gill.

A statement from Rooney read: "He did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad."

The England star added that he was "surprised" by some of United boss Sir Alex Ferguson's comments.

On Tuesday Ferguson admitted he was "shocked" and "disappointed" to hear that the former Everton player intended to leave.

PHIL MCNULTY'S BLOG

Rooney delivered the truth that dare not speak its name at Old Trafford. United, in his opinion, are no longer ambitious or alluring enough to keep him in the silverware to which he has become accustomed

However in a strongly worded statement released only hours before United's Old Trafford Champions League clash against Bursaspor Rooney countered: "I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say [Tuesday] and surprised by some of it.

"I have never had anything but complete respect for the club. How could I not have done given its fantastic history and especially the last six years in which I have been lucky to play a part?

"For me it's all about winning trophies - as the club has always done under Sir Alex. Because of that I think the questions I was asking were justified.

"Despite recent difficulties, I know I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was only 18."

Click to play

Click to play

Ferguson confirms Rooney rumours in dramatic media conference

Rooney has been linked with a number of clubs, including wealthy local rivals Manchester City, but he insisted that a concern over United's ability to attract the world's top players was at the heart of his decision to seek a move.

Supporters have long had concerns over the amount of debt placed on the club by US-based owners the Glazer family following their leveraged buyout in 2005.

Less than two weeks ago, United reported an annual pre-tax loss of £79.6m but following the release of the figures, Gill insisted there was no pressure to sell players.

He said: "We have money in the bank so there is zero pressure on that, no pressure at all to sell any star player whether it is Wayne Rooney or X, Y or Z."

Cristiano Ronaldo departed to Real Madrid for £80m in July 2009 and Carlos Tevez joined neighbours City for £25.5m two weeks later.

United have preferred to buy promising young players rather than established stars and Rooney's remarks suggest he feels the club can no longer match his ambitions.

"It is absolutely true, as [Ferguson] said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract," added Rooney.

"During those meetings in August I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world."

Rooney, who Ferguson signed for £25.6m in 2004, did however praise the 68-year-old Scot, adding: "For Manchester United's sake, I wish he could go on for ever because he's a one-off and a genius."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9112052.stm

Aye because the best sides get pumped off of hercules and draw with ruban kazam

Shite argument. Then again, I noticed your sig so I wouldn't expect anything else! The best sides don't draw 0-0 away to the worst team in the league, do they? :rolleyes:

One off games mean nothing. The 38 games in the season mean everything and who's been on top after game 38 for the last two seasons in Spain? Barcelona. Who's went further in the UCL in the past two seasons? Barcelona.

Barcelona are still better than Real Madrid. There's also no shame in drawing away in Russia, I don't know where you get that idea from.

more timmy delerium. Op u should get minus 1000000 on yer rep for spouting pish like this. Its nOt even your opinion just timmy madness. To think too have rangers Got a cl game on Tonight? Need a bit of news like this to cheer up aw' ra' best fans in ra wurld.

mate you are a :wanker:

Makes perfect sense, he leaves Man Utd claiming they dont match his ambitions with signing targets to sign for a shitty SPL club with a woeful squad!!!

He obviously must have felt Man Utd needed a Samaras or some 67th choice Newcastle keeper in their line-up. :rolleyes:

Shite argument. Then again, I noticed your sig so I wouldn't expect anything else! The best sides don't draw 0-0 away to the worst team in the league, do they? :rolleyes:

One off games mean nothing. The 38 games in the season mean everything and who's been on top after game 38 for the last two seasons in Spain? Barcelona. Who's went further in the UCL in the past two seasons? Barcelona.

Barcelona are still better than Real Madrid. There's also no shame in drawing away in Russia, I don't know where you get that idea from.

Great post (tu)

fergie's empire may be crumbling, and rooney wants to go

he said he wants man city but bobby told him no

feck off back to everton, or film another shrek

if i see you in a city shirt, ill break your fecking neck

so go out banging prozzy's, or back to stealing cars

but if you think your going to eastlands

you can kiss my fecking arse

he started with the toffeess and moved onto the reds

shagged some dirty prozzy's and sent some saucy texts

best player in the world they say and city want to buy

the fattest twat to grace the pitch so take the fecking guy