Champions League

BR_54

How many points from the final 3 games do you see as being enough for us to qualify?

I can see us picking up...

Rangers ; 6pts L,W,W OR 5pts D,D,W / D,W,D .. Leaving us on either 11 or 10 pts.

And i think 6pts should be enough, 5 and we would be hoping for a certain result on the final matchday at OT.

Incidentally, i think we have as much chance of pipping Man Utd as we do Valencia, i could even see them dropping points out in Bursa...

Agree, i'm not at all getting complacent, if anything i think that we won't do it, just after our bad luck last night, hope i'm wrong though!

I would totally park the bus against Valencia - as against Utd - and think we could keep them out. Also, seeing the state of their defence tonight, i see no reason as to why we can't score!

As for Utd, play how we did tonight and given a bit of luck i think we should have them! I can honestly see Utd drawing in Bursa, drawing against Valencia, and losing to us, leaving them on 9pts.

Bursa, well our approach would have to depend on our position, we may only need a draw depending on where we stand, but i think that game would undoubtedly be the decider.

On current form, i see no reason why we can't pick up 7pts, and finish top of this group, tbh. As ridiculous or not as that may sound! :craphead:

Despite playing quite well yesterday I fear we're going to rue not beating Valencia and they will play far better at home. I'm also afraid Gers will have trouble in Turkey. Hope those who have suggested Man Utd won't need the points when they visit Ibrox and Gers get a victory in that match. But I don't see it happening.

They'll need to win in Bursaspor and at least a draw in Valencia. So I'll say 9 points to go through and hope Man Utd beat Valencia again.

You guarantee qualification with 10 points. I don't think any team has ever not qualified with 10 points. In terms of the last 16 it could hinge on our performance in the Mestalla. If we can keep on top of Valencia we may have a chance.

1 point should guarantee us european football after xmas, we will have to beat Valencia and Bursa to go through to last 16.

As positive as I am, I don't think it'll happen against Valencia

How so?

After last seasons performance even if we dont make it the boys have done us proud whatever happens

We have nothing to lose in my opinion .

Anything can happen we could still end up bottom but for the way we,ve played so far

second place and into the last 16 is all up for grabs .

I would like to see us going for it in valencia and not holding out for a draw.