*** Official Champions vs. Inverness CT thread ***

Jamie1807

I dont want say I told you so but earlier in the day I said ICT would make life difficult for us.This was in response to those who were predicting 5-0,4-0 etc. I still expected to win and in a way maybe this will bring us back down to Earth.These boys now have a point to prove against Valencia and many on here will be asking questions come Wednesday morning how comewe ar so good against them and not ICT. Football is fickle.We has a bad result today and guaranteed the shower at the Piggery will have theirs over the next few weeks.We WILL win this League but lets not put too much expectation and pressure on the Team and ourselves.

Big Broadfoot got caught out for the goal and Papac was sleeping by not keeping up with the runner on the defenders blind side.

Right back especially is a big problem position for us.

Davis was poor today, gave the ball away more in this 90 minutes than he has done all year.

Lafferty was excellent in the first half, but was posted missing in the second. Miller too was anonymous at times.

Even big Bougherra was very sloppy and gave the ball away in dangerous positions.

Overall, a very very poor performance.

You take the good with the bad thats football - and Inverness are definately our boogie team so it isnt that big a surprise .

Watching the game lafferty impressed and mc culloughs save earlier was world class.

What amazes me is all these late subs that come on they have a habit of scoring happened again today :disappointment:

The Valencia game on tuesday is the time to put todays result away - and after today the players wont be as complacent .

Calm down ffs! These things happen in football, we're still unbeaten this season and top of the league.

Some people just expect to win every fucking game, that doesn't happen in the real world!

At no point did I say a 'poor second half display.' Stop putting words into my mouth.

Also, was I talking about today, or previous results? I seem to think that I was talking about today.

It was a poor second half display. so you think the booing was deserved because of the second half display then?

Calm down ffs! These things happen in football, we're still unbeaten this season and top of the league.

Some people just expect to win every fucking game, that doesn't happen in the real world!

yeah your right , but we should be beating caley thistle at home . you can understand dropping points away to aberdeen , dundee utd or hearts . caley at ibrox should be a guaranteed 3 points every time , no excuses .

It was a poor second half display. so you think the booing was deserved because of the second half display then?

I don't know, I'll need to go out and ask some people that were there. I don't mind read.

badly needed a natural striker on today if jelavic or beatie had played i think we would have coasted it

miller had a real off day lafferty was selfish a few times but did well in general play

we have rode our luck in some games this season it ran out today

Maybe this was a result and performance we needed to wake us up?

After beating celtc and winning all of our games we became a bit complacent but now this will have woke us up a bit. I don't fancy us to get anything of Valencia but we have to put a few goals past St Mirren to make up for this result today. Some players need to wake up and do more (Bougherra, McCulloch, Davis and Weiss)

But we can't complain too much. 9 wins out of 10 and top of the league by one point. And considering we could have dropped points against St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Hearts as well as other late goals we have got to win games things could be a lot worse.

Maybe this was a result and performance we needed to wake us up?

After beating celtc and winning all of our games we became a bit complacent but now this will have woke us up a bit. I don't fancy us to get anything of Valencia but we have to put a few goals past St Mirren to make up for this result today. Some players need to wake up and do more (Bougherra, McCulloch, Davis and Weiss)

But we can't complain too much. 9 wins out of 10 and top of the league by one point. And considering we could have dropped points against St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Hearts as well as other late goals we have got to win games things could be a lot worse.

totally agree we are still unbeaten and there is no need to panic. (tu)

Oh i dunno...people posting stuff about how they think we can reach the CL 1/4 finals or even semi's

People posting about how this team is as good as the 92/93 side that went 40 games unbeaten

People posting about how we're amazing and Celtic (who have won the same number of games as us) are absolutely pish

People insisting that the fact we always seem to concede first goal and do things the hard way isn't something to worry about

We've been absolute garbage in 5 of our 10 games. We got out of jail in at least 3 of them. Today was long overdue.

Go and suck yer maws baws son and don't talk shite.

I only saw the second half, and I could sense that both teams were running out of gas. For instance, the ICT goalie and his teammate were in the net gasping for breath and drinking fluids. Some Gers were slow in getting to the ball before the other team took it and kicked it out. The Gers had trouble penetrating through the ICT defense to get into the box. At least the Gers kept fighting all the way to the end of the game. For me, it's just a blip on the radar and I'm confident they will bounce back and maintain their consistency they have been doing all along. I'm sure Wattie will light a fire under their arses.