***The Official Champions vs. Hibs Thread***

Muff

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Weir Papac

David Edu McCullock Lafferty

Naismith Miller

Team did well in the second half and deserve a chance to keep it going.

Cant believe the lack of love for Lee McCulloch done little wrong this season.

I can, to me it seems like most people on here follow the popular opinion rather than think for themselves.

:mcgregor:

Foster.jpg?t=1288704063 :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :hutton: :edu:

:lafferty: :miller: :Naismith:

I really like big Lee, but I'm not sure he's been 100% lately.

HIV's midfield was almost non-existant yesterday, they were winning no 50/50's and their defence was rank. Their team is a shambles and in noway can they sort that out in the space of 3/4 days.

I fully expect to put a few past them after a coming out of the blocks quickly and not dropping the tempo until 60 minutes were we have a decent lead and can bring on Wylde and Loy maybe.

Thats the perfect scenario though I'm sure we all know the script, slow start go in 0-0 or 0-1 at half time before getting our arse into gear..

Aberdeen, Killie, Inverness, bheggars, Valencia and today, he has been piss poor - time for a spell on the bench, unfortunatley there is no chance of that. Two of our best performances this season came when he wasn't in the team, Scotland looked a better side when he went off injured - I wonder why!

.. and yet is named Rangers player of the day in the Record this morning - go figure.

We obviously see different attributes in him - and if I had to drop one of Edu or McCulloch for me it would be Edu.

Such is football.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I can, to me it seems like most people on here follow the popular opinion rather than think for themselves.

Away you go.

The popular opinion seems to be that he can do no wrong.

Away you go.

The popular opinion seems to be that he can do no wrong.

Is it fuck :lol: you see him getting slated on here every week. Look at this thread for example, Muff has McCulloch out his team so I would bet you money that the majority will be the same, it was the exact same in the last match thread.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Aye that's the popular opinion at the minute, so I'm sure most will go with that.

Popular opinion, because it's the truth.

I think fleck will start , or he should anyway , walter says the he was looking to get him some game time over the next 3 games . And where better that at ibrox against a pish hibs team

I don't think Hibs will be a walkover. Although they are playing shite just now and got pumped off Hearts, they will up their game against us (every team does).

The team will probably be the same that lined up against St. Mirren (as shite as that sounds) but i think we should play a 3-5-2

:mcgregor:

:bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:whittaker: :mcculloch: :davis: :edu:

:Naismith:

:miller: :lafferty:

I think Whittaker could do the job on the right of midfield/full back and could give us a option going forward.

Worth a try but it won't happen :craphead:

we can say this til we're Blue in the face, but Whittaker won't be dropped for Foster.

Foster is here only in case of injuries.

And that's why the 'small squad' tag doesn't wash with me. Here we have an experienced SPL player who played very well in his first ever Champions League game, yet the manager wont play him when the first choice right back is having a poor season. So we pick up a few injuries and Foster has to come in - doesn't have the sharpness or fitness levels and struggles... Same goes for other players in the squad.

Some players have it far too easy.

And that's why the 'small squad' tag doesn't wash with me. Here we have an experienced SPL player who played very well in his first ever Champions League game, yet the manager wont play him when the first choice right back is having a poor season. So we pick up a few injuries and Foster has to come in - doesn't have the sharpness or fitness levels and struggles... Same goes for other players in the squad.

Some players have it far too easy.

Mate I agree with you, I want Whittaker dropped for Foster, but Walter won't do it.

I thought he was class against Valencia too.

Whitty has been off form the whole season, so dropping him for Foster sounds like the right thing to do, especially with squad size and tiredness.

although the tiredness doesn't really wash with me as they are all on £10k+ a week, they should be able to handle 2 games a week.

if we are tired we still have to go to work and work up to the standards expected.