Miller to Fiorentina / Commons in Pre-Contract talk

5cotland

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nonsense, nowhere in the original article are there any sources about Miller joining Serie A & the SSN report is obviously just copying.

Just two of the many reasons I hate journalism in this country.

If money is the only thing stopping Miller going to Fiorentina, I don't mind sorting out a whip round. Anything to help.

As for Commons, yeah, I'd be OK with that, or Eremenko/Goodwillie. I think giving Naisy a run up front with Jela would be worth trying as well. Either way, we'll cope with Miller leaving.

Fiorentina? Miller, okay he is on form and all but he will perform just as poor in Serie A as Boyd is doing in the Championship. Will become another player to throw success out the window, Rangers made him into the 'hot shot' player if you like and he is going to throw that back in their faces like so many. Surely Fiorentina have just had a look at the Golden Shoe table and thought he looks a cheap option for goals and havent actually seen him play.

I think that's a negotiating technique we need to use when signing foreign players. Certainly jelavic intends to move to EPL down the line. These days we are a stepping stone. Good for making profit on players tho.

Totally agree - there are two types of players we should be looking to sign - young UK players who will stay for a few years and form the backbone of the team (along with players we develop ourselves). Goodwillie and Commons come into this category.

The other type is foreign players who are pretty close to the finished article and will stay for maybe a couple of years before being sold at a profit. Jelavic is an ideal example and I think Eremenko would also fit the bill - he is also what we need - midfield creativity.

What we need to avoid - paying transfer fees for old players with no sell on value (Beattie) or young foreign players who will take a lot of time to get up to the required standard but probably won't hang around long enough to form the backbone of the time in the long term (I suspect Edu is going to come in to this category)

Obviously we also need to avoid signing players who are just not good enough (McCulloch)

I think giving Naisy a run up front with Jela would be worth trying as well.

I know this is a particularly obvious statement, but the problem with playing Naismith upfront, is you lose Naismith playing from midfield. We have nobody to replace that quality in our midfield at the moment.

Keeping him in that position is our best idea, he's been our best midfielder by a country mile.

Totally agree - there are two types of players we should be looking to sign - young UK players who will stay for a few years and form the backbone of the team (along with players we develop ourselves). Goodwillie and Commons come into this category.

The other type is foreign players who are pretty close to the finished article and will stay for maybe a couple of years before being sold at a profit. Jelavic is an ideal example and I think Eremenko would also fit the bill - he is also what we need - midfield creativity.

What we need to avoid - paying transfer fees for old players with no sell on value (Beattie) or young foreign players who will take a lot of time to get up to the required standard but probably won't hang around long enough to form the backbone of the time in the long term (I suspect Edu is going to come in to this category)

Obviously we also need to avoid signing players who are just not good enough (McCulloch)

I have to admit. i was disappointed when we signed beatts. i like the guy and have always admired him as a lancaster lad (where im from) and obvs he's banged some goals in over the years. but just isnt the type of signing we can really benefit from. but he's here now and will see out his contract and move in probably. we are seemingly making good steps in signing players of the right age and potential.

last couple of years were hard as walter filled holes to try get the team to winning championships again, now we're doing that, we can look ahead...like we have done with jelavic and numerous youth signings this season.

I agree, but i'm sure he's a gers fan though, so hopefully that would carry some sway

Notts county fan actually. I live in Nottingham and the general consensus is that he is pretty mercenary.

He was a fan favourite at Forest but left them to sign on a free for bitter rivals Derby. More to the story than money though. He was ready to stay on at Forest but they dicked around when he requested a contract extension and left for Derby on a free. Forest did offer him a contract but he basically told them where to go.

Derby fans see him as one if their best players and he is on around £15k a week. A few DC fans I know don't think he's worth more than that. They seem quite bitter that he's linked with us, spouting the usual jealous bile of the English league ( we are shit, skint, easy league etc ).

They know that if he can shit on Forest to join their rivals then he would do the same to them. The difference up here of course is that we are a much bigger club than DC or Forest with a larger fanbase and stronger heritage and that could be what the player wants.

We could sign Emerenko and Goodwillie for around £2-2.5 million.

Its actually heartbreaking that we could miss out on one or both of them for such a paltry sum!

Can we not get our £1.5 million back for Beatie?? someone? anyone?

I would rather Miller left now. So I don't care were he goes just as long as we get the best deal possible.

Signing Kris Commons could either turn out to be a good bit of business or could turn out all wrong. Is he better than what we have at LW? Yes. And at 27 years old, on a free transfer he could do quite well for us but on the other hand he has suffered with a few injuries over his career and would be looking at wages of around £15,000 a week.

Time will tell.

I would rather Miller left now. So I don't care were he goes just as long as we get the best deal possible.

Signing Kris Commons could either turn out to be a good bit of business or could turn out all wrong. Is he better than what we have at LW? Yes. And at 27 years old, on a free transfer he could do quite well for us but on the other hand he has suffered with a few injuries over his career and would be looking at wages of around £15,000 a week.

Time will tell.

(tu) agreed!

If we had money to sign anyone i would pull out all the stops to get Eremenko, what if he did use us as a stepping stone to the EPL, it would mean he would be giving 100% every game, Steve Davis badly needs someone to share the playmaker role in midfield and Eremenko would fit that bill perfectly.