Gordon ( 15Million ? )

allan mcgregor must be valued at £17million atleast then, being scotland no1 and all ?

Gordon has proved he can play at the top level week in week out and in opinion is worth that sort of fee. McGregor may be as good a keeper (I dont think he'ss as good as Gordon but there's not much in it) in some peoples eyes but he hasnt proved himself week in week out in a top league yet. He also only has about 4 years first team action and six caps which for a 29 year old is not that great. His off the field actions will also reduce his fee so all in all anything over £5 Million for McGregor would be a bonus.

Gordon has proved he can play at the top level week in week out and in opinion is worth that sort of fee. McGregor may be as good a keeper (I dont think he'ss as good as Gordon but there's not much in it) in some peoples eyes but he hasnt proved himself week in week out in a top league yet. He also only has about 4 years first team action and six caps which for a 29 year old is not that great. His off the field actions will also reduce his fee so all in all anything over £5 Million for McGregor would be a bonus.

:BELM:

Signed for Sunderland for £9million, doesn't surprise me a figure like that is touted for a move.

IMO a top quality goalkeeper and if he stays injury free there aren't many if any better than him.

agreed 100%

craig gordon is a fantastic keeper and will eventually prove that for a big club, better than mcgregor in my opinion

agreed 100%

craig gordon is a fantastic keeper and will eventually prove that for a big club, better than mcgregor in my opinion

Agreed 100% (tu)

I was surpised initally with his move to Sunderland in the first place, thought he would have attracted a bigger name club.

What wouldn't surprise me is a tug of war between Man Utd and Arsenal for him, if anything Arsenal should be looking at him also.

Much better overall than McGregor, shagger is a fantastic shot stopper but other parts of his game are not on the same level as Gordon.

Like the guy as well, seems very humble :)

dont really think it makes any difference that he hasnt done it in a bigger league because a good goalkeeping performance in the spl is no different from a good goalkeeping performance in the premiership imo

dont really think it makes any difference that he hasnt done it in a bigger league because a good goalkeeping performance in the spl is no different from a good goalkeeping performance in the premiership imo

I agree 100%. It's not like any other position. If you are a good goalkeeper, you can prove that at any club. Having said that, he will improve at a better club but more from a communication point of view and gain more experience against better players. The raw talent won't change though.

Well its all about opinions mate, I dont think its as simple a that...ask Jim Leighton! Spent many great years at Aberdeen and bombed in the English first division. You have to prove you can do it week in week out at a higher level than the SPL. Gordons done that whilst McGregor still has to prove that. If I was a mangaer in the EPL I would look at Gordon and see Gordon as a far safer bet than McGregor, personaly I think McGregor will burn out early in his career. No doubt McGregor will leave Rangers and I'm afraid that I think his off the field antics will lower the fee hurting Rangers in the pocket.

Good keeper but way overrated.

Was never anything amazing at hearts and playing hardball got Hearts a big transfer fee for him.

Allan McGregor is streets ahead in terms of shot stopping but I think Gordon has better distribution.

McGregor is a better keeper tho and is rightfully number 1.

McGregor may not have proved it in the EPL but he has played fantastic in Europe aswell as for us week in week out and does saves which Gordon gets praised massively for with ease.

The game against Spain were he saved a number of chances including 2 through on goals with David Villa was exceptional and his European performances are aswell.

If Gordon goes for 15million then we should be looking for more than that but we all know we will never get that and he will go for a max of 10million.

For me The 'Real' Goalie is the best keeper I've ever seen, over and above Schmeichel ....... BUT you'll never hear anyone in England talking about him.

Even though he was the best keeper at the Euro's in England and was outstanding in Europe for Rangers.