Should David Weir be inducted into the Rangers Hall of Fame?

Railcard

David Weir - HOF?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should Captain David Weir be a Hall of Famer

• Yes, he has made such a contribution since PLG
    • No, He is not good enough

Weir has played well in previous seasons, starting to slip now, but the most important factor here - the only reason he got the armband is because ferguson was stripped of it and there was no one else in the squad who could take it on. It wasn't on merit, it was by default.

He has been a great player for us - but IMO not a great Captain. McGregor deals with players who make mistakes better than he does.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think we should be considering Davie Weirs entry to the Hall of Fame using the argument '' well such and such is in it, so why not Davie? ''

This isnt the way to decide if he should be in it.

He should be judged solely on his career with Rangers, how good a player he was, honours etc etc.

Even though he has done a tremendous service for Rangers, I dont think he should be included in the Hall of fame. I dont think he has done enough to merit it. If he was at Rangers earlier in his career then I have no doubt he would be included.

I dont think we should be considering Davie Weirs entry to the Hall of Fame using the argument '' well such and such is in it, so why not Davie? ''

This isnt the way to decide if he should be in it.

He should be judged solely on his career with Rangers, how good a player he was, honours etc etc.

Even though he has done a tremendous service for Rangers, I dont think he should be included in the Hall of fame. I dont think he has done enough to merit it. If he was at Rangers earlier in his career then I have no doubt he would be included.

The way I look at it is in twenty/thriy/forty years time when you look back at our now squad then what players are you going to remember the as being the most important and giving you the most memories who you can tell your kids/grandkids about and I have no doubts that I'll be telling them about a number of players but two of the main ones will be Weir and Novo.

Weir because he came to Rangers at 36 as a stop gap and ending up staying for three and a half years, winning numerous honours, playing in a European cup final and becoming club captain in the process and Novo for the sheer number of important goals he scored and the raw passion he showed when he pulled on the shirt.

Both of them have been massive players in this period of the clubs history and that cannot be overlooked or forgotten about just because they don't have the same level of natural talent that other guys in the HOF have and didn't play in an era when we were as successful as we believe we should have been.

Yes. Davie Weir since coming to rangers has been nothing short of outstanding and deserve a place in the hall of fame more than some on the list just now. Also his conduct since being made captain has not gone unnoticed by the support!

So much respect for the man! :clap:

Yes.

To sign at the age of 36 and go on to become our oldest player, while captaining the club throughout one of the most difficult off field spells in it's history deserves a place in the HOF. I don't think it should be immediately, these things should always be left to rest for a few years to allow the debate to go on imo. I think this season may do a lot to finalise Davie Weir's Rangers legacy. If he leads us to 3IAR he can retire a Rangers legend.

I do think the HOF has become undervalued in a way though , there are a lot of players in it who shouldn't be, and players who should be thataren''t.

A very good idea has been reduced to solely a yearly money making exercise. The club could still have had the yearly event whiile retaining the 'exclusive' nature of the HOF.

whoever said no you need a fucking slap the guys done nothing but give 100% to the bears,

even when bazza was striped of captaincy he was good enough to share lifting the cup with him.

The guys got a big blue heart so YES he deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame

Davie Weir - our captain (legend)

The way I look at it is in twenty/thriy/forty years time when you look back at our now squad then what players are you going to remember the as being the most important and giving you the most memories who you can tell your kids/grandkids about and I have no doubts that I'll be telling them about a number of players but two of the main ones will be Weir and Novo.

Weir because he came to Rangers at 36 as a stop gap and ending up staying for three and a half years, winning numerous honours, playing in a European cup final and becoming club captain in the process and Novo for the sheer number of important goals he scored and the raw passion he showed when he pulled on the shirt.

Both of them have been massive players in this period of the clubs history and that cannot be overlooked or forgotten about just because they don't have the same level of natural talent that other guys in the HOF have and didn't play in an era when we were as successful as we believe we should have been.

Yeh mate, I understand where your coming from and I respect what your saying.

I agree totally about remembering Novo in years from now. The wee mans passion for the club was amazing, not to mention the amount of important goals he scored for the club (penalty into Uefa cup final, helicopter sunday etc)

Im not debating Davie Weirs been a terrific servant to the club and that hes been a great captain, but I just dont feel he deserves his place in the HOF. Having said that though, I wouldnt grudge seeing him inducted.