Should David Weir be inducted into the Rangers Hall of Fame?

Railcard

David Weir - HOF?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should Captain David Weir be a Hall of Famer

• Yes, he has made such a contribution since PLG
    • No, He is not good enough

True though Conn should not be in the Hall of Fame, not a great player at all.

Really? He's obviously not a great Ranger but I was under the impression he most certainly was a great player. Older Spurs fans consider him a cult legend even though he only spent one season there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bert Manderson is in it! But I have always wondered why his partner in crime Billy is not in it either. And Tully Craig should be in it alongside Tommy Muirhead, Andy Cunningham and other greats from that era.

If that is the case regards Bert Manderson, then I withdraw that statement because I was unaware of him being inducted.

I still stand by the rest of my post regarding the HoF...I'm not one for discriminating between ANY player who played for the Rangers in any era. All that concerns me is what they did in the employ of Rangers football club and as far as I'm concerned if you gave everything you had as a Rangers player, you are worthy of being remembered.

The HoF really is a crock of shite, over-populated by mediocrity and used primarily to sell the great and the good a fancy dinner. Those using previous inductees to justify Weir's inclusion, are doing exactly what has gone on before.

Scrap the whole thing and start again.

He spent 5 seasons at Rangers and only played 98 League Games (another argument in favour of Davie Weir), and was only a regular in 70/71 and the start of the 73/74 season. The only reason he is in the HoF, along with Willie Mathieson, was that he played in the ECWC Final. If Colin Jackson was fit, i'm sure Derek Johnstone would have worn the number 8, and with Greig back in, Conn would not have been at 4 anyway, which he had been playing for the previous couple of weeks. On top of that he is a judas cunt.

Absolutely spot on, Sam. Alfie's a barrel..............

Novo, ffs.

Why not?

Won honours, put Celtic to the sword countless times, scored a number of important goals in Europe including the penalty that took us to Manchester & the goal against Red Star to take us to the Champions League, winning goal on helicopter Sunday, winning goal in a Scottish cup final, played for the badge more than anybody else did at that time & played almost 200 times for the club.

He's maybe more of a cult hero and he's no Baxter or Cooper in terms of natural ability, but he's still deserving of a place.

Why not?

Won honours, put Celtic to the sword countless times, scored a number of important goals in Europe including the penalty that took us to Manchester & the goal against Red Star to take us to the Champions League, winning goal on helicopter Sunday, winning goal in a Scottish cup final, played for the badge more than anybody else did at that time & played almost 200 times for the club.

He's maybe more of a cult hero and he's no Baxter or Cooper in terms of natural ability, but he's still deserving of a place.

He had one good season in his time at Ibrox, the rest were riddled by inconsistency, albeit he did score important goals. The penalty in Florence really does piss me off, considering that others contributed in that drama, without the same recognition. I would agree about him being a cult hero, but to many, so was Sebo. Should Filip be inducted too.

He had one good season in his time at Ibrox, the rest were riddled by inconsistency, albeit he did score important goals. The penalty in Florence really does piss me off, considering that others contributed in that drama, without the same recognition. I would agree about him being a cult hero, but to many, so was Sebo. Should Filip be inducted too.

I'm pushing my luck with Novo.

If I suggested Sebo for the HOF I'd expect to be banned or sectioned before I logged in again :craphead:

I believe so.

Not only has he lead the team in times of trouble, but he is a true gentleman who conducts himself off the pitch with dignity and everything that can be expected from a Rangers captain.

There are some on the Hall of Fame who I feel are less worthy of it.

1. Played one season less than Amoruso.

2. Just made his 200th appearance against Celtic. More than Gascoigne, Laudrup etc.

3. 2 League Titles, 2 League Cups, 2 Scottish Cups, more than some have won.

4. How many caps did Amoruso win while at Rangers.

5. His ability has been on show, and playes like Bougherra and Cuellar have been better players from being around him.

(tu) plus the UEFA final (Oh and NOT finished at Rangers yet and (I hope) not finished lifting trophies!)

Yes.

And if Weir gets in then Novo should too.

Novo had 6 years at the club and played over 250 times scoring a number of vital goals and winning 6 honours while scoring the penalty to put us into the Uefa Cup final.

If Novo doesnt get in its a fucking sham and the same with Weir.

Yes.

And if Weir gets in then Novo should too.

Novo had 6 years at the club and played over 250 times scoring a number of vital goals and winning 6 honours while scoring the penalty to put us into the Uefa Cup final.

If Novo doesnt get in its a fucking sham and the same with Weir.

The Hall Of Fame is a sham already.

Of course he should.

Sir Walter has done a remarkable job over the last four years; but I'm sure he would concede that he'd have struggled somewhat more without Sir Davie of Weir on the field.