Boxing and MMA

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

People are just seeing Tyson’s injuries and think he got battered not understanding how boxings scored and shouting about corruption, it was a close fight but imo Fury was doing just enough to take rounds. It could have went ether way but think the right decision was made. No conspiracy for me. 

Was actually a more entertaining fight than I expected and fair fucks to Francis he give it a proper go.

I think Ngannou edged it slightly because of the knockdown but could have went either way.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I think Ngannou edged it slightly because of the knockdown but could have went either way.

Said that to my boy that my only worry for fury was the 10-8 round that might sway the judges in favour of Francis.

Think looking at the last round and no real urgency from fury to go for the knock out he knew he had done enough to take it on points. Risky strategy giving how close the fight looked.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Said that to my boy that my only worry for fury was the 10-8 round that might sway the judges in favour of Francis.

Think looking at the last round and no real urgency from fury to go for the knock out he knew he had done enough to take it on points. Risky strategy giving how close the fight looked.

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if Fury fought Parker next to give him a payday

Thought it was a joke of a decision tbh. 

Probably aided by the fact I had money on nganu, but aye boxing's in the gutter and shite like this doesn't help the cause. 

In a round about way it would have probably been better for boxing if they called the fight right. Fury now still holds all the cards and a wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to duck usyk. On paper usyk probably beats him easily. 

Usyk needs to stop believing the tyson fury nonsense no chance they are fighting December 23. For a few reasons. He said himself he's going to take a break and spend time with the family. So at best it's the middle of November before camp starts. No chance he's only doing a 4 to 6 week camp. 

Secondly it would be the same night as eubank v Benn which is rumoured to be happening as well. 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Usyk needs to stop believing the tyson fury nonsense no chance they are fighting December 23. For a few reasons. He said himself he's going to take a break and spend time with the family. So at best it's the middle of November before camp starts. No chance he's only doing a 4 to 6 week camp. 

Secondly it would be the same night as eubank v Benn which is rumoured to be happening as well. 

Pals father in law works in Saudi n the talk is AJ wilder and fury usyk on the same card next year. 

Edit: that was Friday he was talking about it before that shit show last night 

15 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Thought it was a joke of a decision tbh. 

Probably aided by the fact I had money on nganu, but aye boxing's in the gutter and shite like this doesn't help the cause. 

In a round about way it would have probably been better for boxing if they called the fight right. Fury now still holds all the cards and a wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to duck usyk. On paper usyk probably beats him easily. 

Think fury just edged it mate think the punches landed stats shows that. Francis definitely landed the more damaging shots, no argument about that and I don’t think Fury would have complained much if the decision went against him. Split decision was probably about right but genuinely could have went ether way. 

I actually enjoyed the fight, was a better more entertaining  match than I expected.

34 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think fury just edged it mate think the punches landed stats shows that. Francis definitely landed the more damaging shots, no argument about that and I don’t think Fury would have complained much if the decision went against him. Split decision was probably about right but genuinely could have went ether way. 

I actually enjoyed the fight, was a better more entertaining  match than I expected.

A can't remember fury landing anything significant mate. Don't get me wrong a was absolutely blootered but 😂

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Big Tom is champ!!

Cant believe anyone saying Prochazka was a bad stoppage. :lol:

Torn on the stoppage tbh. Based on how together Jiri looked as soon as he got up you could argue it was a but early, but Pereira had him in mount and it was only going one way. You keep that clock running and it's extremely likely you're just letting Alex give him extra brain damage for a few seconds. That being said, there's an outside chance that Jiri gets overhooks and pulls him down. 

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

Torn on the stoppage tbh. Based on how together Jiri looked as soon as he got up you could argue it was a but early, but Pereira had him in mount and it was only going one way. You keep that clock running and it's extremely likely you're just letting Alex give him extra brain damage for a few seconds. That being said, there's an outside chance that Jiri gets overhooks and pulls him down. 

Jiri admitted he was done, correct decision imo, Pereiras power got him the win but still not too sure about his all round game though 

13 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Jiri admitted he was done, correct decision imo, Pereiras power got him the win but still not too sure about his all round game though 

Yeah I made a new post above as I seen that after I had made my original post. 

Pereira is an elite striker with frightening power, so will be a threat to anyone on the feet. We haven't seen enough of what he can do on the ground, but I don't suspect it's much. He tends to just hold on and try to negate the man on top of him if it's on the mat. The good thing for him is that the LHW division is mainly stacked with strikers. Maybe only Ankalaev would want to wrestle as a first option.