Kris Common

Commons has probably just asked for the night to sleep on it and have a we think about it all.

Remeber, Brum gave Mhiller a 6pm deadline for the same reasons and they were still after him 2 days later.

While Walter and our club confirmed we were in talks with Derby, sounds like it was near to a done deal but we forgot the main part of tying him down first.

Birmingham gave Miller a 6pm deadline because they knew he was talking to other clubs, we on the other hand were desperate to try and push him to Birmingham more the extra £££.

The player holds all the cards in these types of deals, you need to tie them up first and then force the club he's at hands. Not the other way about.

My info.

Gary Teale is my brother in law. Was on the phone to my sister as my wee ones been unwell and she had been up and was asking how she was etc.

At the end was just saying Hi to Gary as heard he was being lined up for a player coach role at Wednesday. Says it's shite and he's had an offer from Oz to go.

Anyway. Was chatting away and a mentioned Kris as they were close pals. Said Kris was staying at his pad and is due at Murray Park in the morning. He did say though Celtic and Middlesborough had enquired... But no offer made to club or agent. Kris is keen to join Gers and that was it.

Guy from FF says that believe what you want but I refuse to believe anything either way, still hope this is true.

Celtic have ever only had one thought on their mind and it's not winning titles,cups and having a team on the park, but how to get one over on us, thats how they keep fans onside. 6 days to go and they aint baught a single defender, but this will all be forgotten about as long as they get one over the rangers.

Guest therabbitt

While Walter and our club confirmed we were in talks with Derby, sounds like it was near to a done deal but we forgot the main part of tying him down first.

Birmingham gave Miller a 6pm deadline because they knew he was talking to other clubs, we on the other hand were desperate to try and push him to Birmingham more the extra £££.

The player holds all the cards in these types of deals, you need to tie them up first and then force the club he's at hands. Not the other way about.

Agreed, but the player was telling the club that this is where he wants to play his football. I don't blame them for thinking that it was a done deal. It might still very well transpire that he does want to come to Rangers and that the shenanigans of tonight since I wrote my original article are merely bargaining from an agent ahead of eventually signing for us...

Agreed, but the player was telling the club that this is where he wants to play his football. I don't blame them for thinking that it was a done deal. It might still very well transpire that he does want to come to Rangers and that the shenanigans of tonight since I wrote my original article are merely bargaining from an agent ahead of eventually signing for us...

I hope the story from G Teale is correct then and your article ends up being correct. It would give us all a lift.

Of course a few things would have got overlooked as he was saying all the right things, we'll just need to wait and see how this pans out tomorrow.

If he doesn't sign and we get our fingers burned so to speak, hopefully we learn from our mistakes.

You's might not be wrong in the end mate.

Only thing maybe being guilty of is saying "signed" instead of "deal imminint" or something.

If he does sign tomorrow and the rest of the stories are true, then it's easy to see why your source either got a little confused or jumped the gun because it sounds to me (again, if these stories are true) that it's just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

By ROBERT GRIEVE and ROGER HANNAH

Published: Today

Add a comment (0) KRIS COMMONS has been told that his dream move to Rangers will be OFF unless he cuts his wage demands.

And that has left Celtic poised to pounce with a pre-contract deal for the Scotland and Derby County winger.

The Old Firm rivals are both eager to snap up Commons - but Rangers are unwilling to fork out the £20,000- a-week he is demanding.

Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain spent yesterday in talks with the 27-year-old, who is seeking the same wages Kenny Miller was on before his move to Turkey last week.

But Bain has told him there's NO CHANCE of that contract being put on the table.

Now Celtic are waiting in the wings and could strike a deal that would allow Commons to move to Parkhead in the summer.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon may even step in with a cut-price offer to tempt Derby to part with the pacy wide man before the January transfer window slams shut.

That would be a major blow for Gers' boss-in-waiting Ally McCoist, who is a huge admirer of Commons.

McCoist has been pushing for the deal to be done, but the financial restraints on Bain mean he's unable to stretch the budget beyond a maximum of £15,000-a-week.

Last night senior sources at the club told SunSport there is no room for negotiation on those figures with the ball now firmly in Commons' court.

No formal fee has yet been agreed with Derby by either of the Old Firm, but it's understood an offer of around £350,000 will be enough to get him.

Gers are desperate to add to their squad with Bain working around the clock to get players in.

However he does NOT want to use all of the cash saved from Miller's salary on just one player.

Commons, who has won seven Scotland caps, is seen as the man who could provide the ammunition for fit-again frontman Nikica Jelavic.

The Croatian will make his first start for three months as Gers travel to Easter Road this evening.

And Smith believes the £4million strike star can fill the void created by Miller's mid-season exit.

The Gers boss said: "Nikica showed in the early games he's a goalscorer.

"It will obviously take him a few games to get back to full match sharpness, but scoring is a natural instinct for him."

Smith is unlikely to move to bring former fans' favourites Kris Boyd or Nacho Novo back to Ibrox.

The pair are available after horror starts to their careers at Middlesbrough and Sporting Gijon. But it's understood Gers will look towards younger players.

Smith said: "We couldn't afford to pay the money Middlesbrough were paying last season and we can't afford to pay it now. But I can't rule out anything just now."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3371910/Get-real-or-Kris-it-goodbye.html#ixzz1C6K3Hu4Z

By ROBERT GRIEVE and ROGER HANNAH

Published: Today

Add a comment (0) KRIS COMMONS has been told that his dream move to Rangers will be OFF unless he cuts his wage demands.

And that has left Celtic poised to pounce with a pre-contract deal for the Scotland and Derby County winger.

The Old Firm rivals are both eager to snap up Commons - but Rangers are unwilling to fork out the £20,000- a-week he is demanding.

Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain spent yesterday in talks with the 27-year-old, who is seeking the same wages Kenny Miller was on before his move to Turkey last week.

But Bain has told him there's NO CHANCE of that contract being put on the table.

Now Celtic are waiting in the wings and could strike a deal that would allow Commons to move to Parkhead in the summer.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon may even step in with a cut-price offer to tempt Derby to part with the pacy wide man before the January transfer window slams shut.

That would be a major blow for Gers' boss-in-waiting Ally McCoist, who is a huge admirer of Commons.

McCoist has been pushing for the deal to be done, but the financial restraints on Bain mean he's unable to stretch the budget beyond a maximum of £15,000-a-week.

Last night senior sources at the club told SunSport there is no room for negotiation on those figures with the ball now firmly in Commons' court.

No formal fee has yet been agreed with Derby by either of the Old Firm, but it's understood an offer of around £350,000 will be enough to get him.

Gers are desperate to add to their squad with Bain working around the clock to get players in.

However he does NOT want to use all of the cash saved from Miller's salary on just one player.

Commons, who has won seven Scotland caps, is seen as the man who could provide the ammunition for fit-again frontman Nikica Jelavic.

The Croatian will make his first start for three months as Gers travel to Easter Road this evening.

And Smith believes the £4million strike star can fill the void created by Miller's mid-season exit.

"It will obviously take him a few games to get back to full match sharpness, but scoring is a natural instinct for him."

Smith is unlikely to move to bring former fans' favourites Kris Boyd or Nacho Novo back to Ibrox.

The pair are available after horror starts to their careers at Middlesbrough and Sporting Gijon. But it's understood Gers will look towards younger players.

Smith said: "We couldn't afford to pay the money Middlesbrough were paying last season and we can't afford to pay it now. But I can't rule out anything just now."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3371910/Get-real-or-Kris-it-goodbye.html#ixzz1C6K3Hu4Z

I dont believe that story at all after the sources on here. seems to be going totally agaisnt what they were saying. but fuck knows

Guest therabbitt

Miller's £20k, £22k inc add ons - split into wages offered to Commons and also for a loan deal, as the earlier article stated.

Is this a really important signing for the team? I really think we need a centre back. Some one to replace Davie Weir when he goes or even to slot right into the team now.

Webster is finally fit now.

Altho I agree, we do need some defensive cover too. Walter Smith has went on record saying this.

I fell asleep at 8 after Blouie had said he was pretty much a Rangers player.

Now all this :anguish:

Can we ever have a smooth transfer? :lol:

If we get him, we get him, if we don't, we don't. We've got over losing out on more important players (tu)

The beggars are constantly trying to get one over on us...as we are more important to them than anything.

If he goes to them then fair enough.Weiss is better,Naismith is better and Wylde has potential to be better so no worries.

We will just concentrate on winning our games in hand then pumping that shite at their own cesspit and going 4 clear.unless the Jambos do us a favour tonight then it's 7 clear.

From todays sun,don't buy a rag anymore but take from it what you want

COMMONS TOUCH ... Celtic are ready to pounce if Rangers' move for Scots star Kris falls through

KRIS COMMONS has been told that his dream move to Rangers will be OFF unless he cuts his wage demands.