Kris Common

£500k and £20k a week for Kris Commons would have been a monumental mistake in my opinion. He's always injured and only performs in flashes. Not much better than someone like Gary McSheffrey. For that money we could have tried to get Adam Hamill from Barnsley. He's a far better player, with a much higher sell-on value.

Suppose it will come down to this.... Does he want to be a champion?

If not and he wants more money to go to them lot wi their classless sham of a manager? Then they can have each other!

In our current money shit pit situation we can ill afford money for someone with the wrong attitude.

I despair at some people on here. Even if we were as rich as Man City, giving Commons £20k a week would be ridiculous. I'm glad we're now bowing to such ridiculous demands.

did anyone actually say they would be happy paying 20k a week for commons?

i must have missed that...

If he can get 5k a week extra elsewhere then i dont blame him one bit for rejecting us. Lets remember he has no emotional ties with the club whatsoever, and over say a 3 year contract thats over 750k difference! if it was just two clubs that didnt mean anything to me I would be doing the same, as would everyone else!

whats gettin me is.

i heard from some1 pretty reliable that kenny miller only wanted the 20k a week he was on extended for 2yrs and he would have sign up months ago.

please tell me smith/ally/bain ect do not think that commons is a better player than miller and

would add more than the 22 goals miller had score so far this season.

if the 20k offer is true then the goings on at ibrox and warped to me.

imo commons is worth no more than 10k a week and if he isnt interested in playing cl football and winning medals

he might aswell rot in the championship.

If he can get 5k a week extra elsewhere then i dont blame him one bit for rejecting us. Lets remember he has no emotional ties with the club whatsoever, and over say a 3 year contract thats over 750k difference! if it was just two clubs that didnt mean anything to me I would be doing the same, as would everyone else!

there's other incentives to be looking at aswell,not just 750k when the guy is probably already a multi millionaire.

things like champions league,playing in front of massive crowds,the chance to win medals,first team football,

(which he definitely won't get if he goes to c***ic) it's not all about the money all the time.

i know what i would choose if i was loaded in the first place anyway.

Its been reported that's what he wants by a few different sources and there are people suggesting its shocking we've not signed him so yes, people appear to be happy offering £20k a week.

i think what people are suggesting is,that it's shocking we can't afford to sign him.

What ?

So Bain offers them 500k and it's his fault they hold out for other clubs, one of which offers 200k less ?

:lol: Yes, especially when that lower bid is acceptable by the selling club.

Last i heard we were negotiating a fee anyway, we dont know for sure if we even offered £500k.