Now the dust has settled...

Del

Jan Window Signings  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with Healy?

2. 2. Happy with Diouf?

3. 3. Happy with Bartley

Not happy with Healy at all, only something like 8 club goals in the last 3 seasons and that has included loan spells in the lower leagues of England. Even his Leeds record wasnt that prolific, aye he had that wee scoring spell with that International side but that was what? 2 seasons plus ago?

Nah the guy isnt Rangers class as far as i'm concerned, another dud like Beattie....

As for Diouf, quality player on his day, bit of a dick off the park though but i'm willing to give him the benifit of the doubt here, let his football do the talking. I reckon he will be a fantastic signing, add some pace and width to our team and get some much needed service to Jelavic and co.

The Arsenal boy has been brought in for cover, but you have to ask yourself, with the problems Arsenal are having defensively the boy cant be that good if they are willing to let him go on loan.... Time will tell with this one..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it you like about Bartley? Hes not even going to play a game!!

I guess the optimist in me hopes to see one of Arsenal's youngsters get a run out. They do things the right way at that club.

having said that, I would be equally enthused to see more of our young kids get more playing time. We know we don't have too much money to throw around right now so it seems a good chance to keep blooding them. Those that have come in recently have done very well (Ness, Wylde when he has played, etc)

Maybe I was harsh to say No to Healy and EHD. I love the fact that Healy is so passionate about our club and that is worth its weight in gold, but I just don;t like the fact that we are taking somebody on loan that didn't even cut it at Doncaster Rovers, or wherever.

My reservations for EHD are the obvious ones. His behaviour is not exactly fitting for our great club. Hopefully he has learned from his mistakes and will grow in to a great player.

Wait and See

Yes

Yes

Apart from wanting to give him a good slapping on the numerous occasions I have seen him on TV, Diouf should turn out to be a good signing. I like the sound of Bartley and think we will see him more than some folk think. Healy? Well, will we see much of him? I doubt it. So a definite wait and see for me.

Did you see Diouf's interview on Sky Sports News?

He seemed really keen to be playing on Wednesday!!

Dis see this he did look really excited to get started but........... he did look like he was loving the media attention a little bit.

Glad we have brought some new faces in albeit on-loan and thoughts are that Healy is a Rangers man so could be good as he will be playing for the jersey and possibly a deal, Diouf has the ability to be great but is a bit of a liability at times so hopefully Walter Smith can get the best out of him and as he's on-loan i don't know how it would go if we could even afford to buy him in the summer but he will be playing to win a deal at some club if it aint us and as for Bartley well i aint even heard of him before but to come through the Arsenal ranks he must have something about him !!!

The people slating Healy, the guy has hardly played in 3 years. Let him have his chance before slaughtering him. 2 quick to judge and on players backs are some fans at Ibrox

I dont think people are slagging Healy as such, most people ive spoken to are willing to give him a chance but your post sums up how people feel...

This guy was brought in to replace Miller and Beattie, maybe not to replace them but thats what we have. And to swap someone who has been our main goalscorer for someone who has only played a handful games in 3/4 seasons never mind, how many goals he has scored is a shocking piece of business IMO.

Nothing against Healy, as i said he will get his chance and will do well i think but i think the main feeling is people are unhappy that Healy was signed to replace these players not with Healys ability.

Hopefully bringing in these players might result in better performances from our current first team. With Diouf theres an option where he can play on either wing or behind the strikers and he will definitely provide a challenge for a regular first team place. Too many of our squad know they won't be dropped and with the lack of a challenge for a first team place there has been no real motivation or desire shown. Hopefully this can spur a few of them on, with new faces in the team and push on and clinch 3IAR.

Happy with all three the Diouf signing also takes the pressure of Healy, the filth and their appeasers seem to be going out of their way to slag off Diouf, the thing is if he was shagging kids and wearing a frock they would be worshipping him.

i think the boy bartley could well partner weir at CH and boughy pushed to right back.would make our whole defence that of centre backs with papac on the left.just thinking that as whitty is defo not as good at defending as he is at getting forward.

my thinking behind this is because arsene wenger would not be a happy man if his hot prospect is not getting a game.

if walter doesnt play him im guessing there will be a claus arsenal can recall him or arsene will just not give us any other player in the future.

then again i wouldnt be surprised if he only gets a handfull of games.who knows?

I'd have Diouf in the mix, up there wi jela. I have a feelin that he MIGHT be a player for us... I feel for Fleck tho, he'll move on to a championship team, get promoted and take the epl by storm and end up at a decent club!!.. I really thinker should play our own players intheir own positions before loan moves for the sake o it

(tu) Fleck do the exact same as Adam has unless McCoist gets the best out of him and drops the useless prick McCulloch!