Ally McCoist officially named as Rangers manager next season.

disgruntled_bear

we're not in a position to go out and spend big to attract a high profile established manager, with that in mind I'd rather have a man who knows what it means to be a ranger, understands the traditions, the fans, and wants to be here. Good luck Ally

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The natural lifespan of a football team is 4 years or so. This team has had their 4 years. 7 or 8 have moved on, 3 or 4 others are about to

We need a major overhaul in the summer, though sadly funds will probably dictate otherwise

Yep put that way I get your point - but will our fans (or at least sections of them) accept this - will any manager ever get a chance to rebuild - in someways a rebuilding manager needs to come in in december and win the league in hiw first full season to be even givenm a shot.

I also see many people buying into this 4 year life span thing - but Ferguson and Wegner seems to dispell that as a myth and I am not sure we should buy that - How else will a manager build LONG term sucess. (Would Bill Struth have survived - but thats another thread and debate).

I do worry at the short-termism of football and managing Rangers is staring to look like win the league or be sacked - and that unsustainable.

David Murray is the reason we can't strengthen

Murray didn't sign Lafferty, Edu, Whittaker, etc.

SMith dis.

Murray takes a lot of the blame, but is not the only one who has to shoulder blame.

This stinks of trying to give people motivation to renew their season tickets since things have gone horribly wrong on the park.

We all knew this was going to happen so the official announcement means little to me, but I have serious doubts Bain would have put this out at this time if things were going well.

A cynic I am.

Simply

Thats exactly why it was done

How can they possibly announce a new manager when we are supposed to be changing owners ??? Lies lies and more lies

McCoist should have been given a trial period after that last joke game

I cant imagine Ally will takeover without assurances their would be money available to improve us.

I would be more than surprised if Ally got any assurances whatsoever, for that to happen would raise more questions, how can something that we allegedly don't have be assured.

This stinks of trying to give people motivation to renew their season tickets since things have gone horribly wrong on the park.

We all knew this was going to happen so the official announcement means little to me, but I have serious doubts Bain would have put this out at this time if things were going well.

A cynic I am.

Typical attempted appeasement around ST renewal time mate.

Am I missing something? SSN just said he's been named Manager for next season even though a takeover is imminent?

Did Rangers talk about this..

Martin Bain side stepped the question, by saying he wasn't involved in takeover discussions that's SDM and to ask him. Also went on the say he wasn't waiting any longer so it was business as usual and appointing McCoist was the right thing to do.

Feel sorry for Ally he is coming in with a depleted squad, little funds , little experience. If it goes seriously wrong i hope he doesn't damage his standing with the fans.

Timing of this imo is to give us a wee cheer up after we got pumped fae the bheggers, but it no fcuking cheered me up. Id rather McCoist started right now, we need a different approach and radical team changes to win this league.

Nothing new in the story, not sure why the need to announce it now.

Will Walter now be taking a back seat fully? Perhaps Ally will now be in charge with Walter still the face of the manager for the rest of this season. This takes the pressure off ally for rest of the season and cuts out the danger of being slaughtered in the media and as we read above in some posts, in the support.

Ally is a huge part of what made Rangers so amazing for me as a little bear. Now I'm a big bear, he's going to do the same as manager.

:21:

Martin Bain side stepped the question, by saying he wasn't involved in takeover discussions that's SDM and to ask him. Also went on the say he wasn't waiting any longer so it was business as usual and appointing McCoist was the right thing to do.

Cheers (tu)

You just honestly don't know what to think about this takeover.