Ally McCoist officially named as Rangers manager next season.

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will McCoist is not the soft touch some seem to think he is.

I hope not

I've said before that although he's someone the players will respect, i'm not sure if it's enough to get the best out of them every week. It's more a Gianfranco Zola type respect where the players respect him because he was a great player and a really nice guy, rather than an Alex Ferguson respect where the players are also scared of letting him down

Releasing David Weir and not giving the captaincy to McCulloch would be a good start

Am i the only one who calls him Sciaf? Think carefully, because i have counted 5 others who called him that, AFTER i first called him it, yet its only me you have a problem with.

I didn't know that others call him Scaif but your wrong I do have a problem with others who have an issue with Ally McCoist doing work for a charity that they don't approve of, and have said so in another thread. I think it's pathetic.

Anyone else think Ally will change the way we play dramatically as soon as Walter is out of the door? He seems far more like the type of guy who won't be anywhere near as stubborn.

I also reckon he'll be a lot more in touch with the thoughts of the fans, which can only be a good thing.

I worry about his mentality though. He needs to toughen up with them and assert himself pronto. Let them know that he's the boss and nobody will be fcuking about.

If he does that, there could be hope.

Time may prove me wrong, but I think he'll do well. And I don't worry about his mentality - affable as he may be, Coisty does NOT like losing. He's a lot tougher than many think.

I didn't know that others call him Scaif but your wrong I do have a problem with others who have an issue with Ally McCoist doing work for a charity that they don't approve of, and have said so in another thread. I think it's pathetic.

Yet you single me out in thread in which i havnt even used the name

Cheers

:rolleyes:

Good news. :D

If the reports are true then it makes the takeover more believable because it has been said Whyte wants Ally as manager.

He is a novice but so is Neil Lennon and he is currently 8 points clear in the League.

Who said Whyte wanted McCoist?

Releasing David Weir and not giving the captaincy to McCulloch would be a good start

Surely Weir will not get a new deal - if he does, then it will be an absolute disgrace!

As for McCulloch being the next captain of Rangers... please no, what a horrific thought that is.

you comment is a disgrace. totally lacking any class and respect. He will have learned significantly from Smith during the past 4 years

:lol:

Aye more of the same stuff Walter serves up will do us good, eh. Thats sure to bring the punters back and have Celtic trembling with fear!

:lol:

Aye more of the same stuff Walter serves up will do us good, eh. Thats sure to bring the punters back and have Celtic trembling with fear!

You seem to be more interested in how Celtic view us, remember they laughed at us when we bought Kenny Miller, what happened next.

I'm actually pretty happy with this news. He might not be the best, it's hard to say, but I look forward to a new manager now, and I love Super Ally, so why not?

And although it may seem like he stands on the line looking clueless, we have to remember that he is currently only the assistant. The orders come from Walter and he can't change that yet.

Of course, McCoist might end up being the same, but I really hope not. And heck, at least he is down on the pitch, and not sitting in the directors box the whole game.

We just have to wait and see, and hope.

Surely Weir will not get a new deal - if he does, then it will be an absolute disgrace!

As for McCulloch being the next captain of Rangers... please no, what a horrific thought that is.

Terrible thought of a new deal for Weir but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Who would you fancy as Captain, personally , if he's still here next season, I'd have Shagger.

The first thing he should do as manager is get his new captain in place, Weir should be put out to pasture and any new deal for Weir gets him off on the wrong foot.

I think we've missed McCulloch's presence since he's been injured but I agree he should never be the next Rangers captain!

Hopefully McCoist will go out and find himself a natural leader with a real presence on the park.

From STV: STVGrant: McCoist: Tommy Burns told me i was in fortunate position to learn from Walter years ago. I am sure he would have been delighted today [via Twitter]

Live broadcast of the press conference http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/230212-mccoist-confirmed-as-rangers-manager-in-waiting/