Diouf wants a new contract.

PaulRFC1

:lol:

He was the hero that could do no wrong not so long ago.

In terms of ability he is arguably our best player but so far he hasn't turned it on as much as id have liked.

Still I would keep him and its a sad state of affairs when our fans don't want to keep a player of Diouf's ability.

Hearts(H) - Decent game, was his first game.

Celtic(H) - Good game, ripped their left hand side apart.

Motherwell(H) - Good game, played well and although he should have scored he still played very well.

Lisbon(H) - Decent game, set up Lafferty several times and worked hard.

Celtic(A) - Poor game, really poor game but it was an allround poor performance from the team.

Lisbon(A) - Good game, ran himself into the ground and also scored.

St Johnstone (H) - Didnt feature.

Celtic (A) - Poor game, Isolated upfront in an ultra defensive line-up.

St Mirren(A) - Poor game, Sloppy passing but was isolated upfront and was played long balls all day.

There is my assessment of all the games since he has been here and he hasn't been as bad as anyone has made out.

Usually when we have played well he has been one of our best performers, his only real poor games were awful games from the whole team which he cant really be blamed for.

DIOUF DIOUF DIOUF DIOUF.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For fuck sake lads cut the guy some slack, he's playing a role not suited to his style of play, how many times do you see EHD asking for support during a game and doesn't get it. Considering this I think he's done well for us and would love him to stay. We have still to see the best in him and I'm sure he will come good in a more attacking style with jelavic.

Whether it be the end of this season or next season !

He's done OK and has shown touches of brilliance. People on here expect too much from him - he is improving all the time.

I hope he wins the contract as I like him as a player.

His last 2 games have been his worst for the club, not sure how that's improving

His last 2 games have been his worst for the club, not sure how that's improving

When he was isolated up front against Celtic and just had a poor game against St Mirren along with the rest of the team.

The time to judge him is at the end of the Season - the last month hasn't been exactly the easiest time to find your feet at a new club in a new country.

He could still do a job in the EPL and there are Blackburn fans that wouldnt mind having him back but at the same time they are not too fussed if he doesnt. Id definitely, if we can afford him, keep him longer than next season. He can control a ball for a start.

He has shown bits of quality here and there although its not been enough for a contact with the wages he would want, but if you could get him to take say 15k a week then sign him but. Since hes been here he has been hounded by everyone hasn't really been giving the chance to just solely concentrate on his football plus the fact Rangers have been shite doesn't help either. Would love it if he proved he still can produce it regularly enough to warrant a few year deal his hate for all thing taig isn't enough for a deal alone but while he is here he'll be my favourite player.

surprise surpise he has a howler against celtic and throws the jersey in the crowd to please the fans

he has a howler at st mirren and then comes out and says he wants a contract here .

he is trying to play the fans .there is no doubt.

lets look at the facts:

he was offloaded by blackburn for his behaviour and has no way back there so he has to find a club

blackburn will want a resonable fee for him which we cannot pay

we cant afford his wages

would we really want him ?

does he really want to come here or is it just more column inches for him

the media said this was his last chance and to be fair to them i think they are right ........and hes making an arse of it

Lol, only person making an arse of it is the bheast team over in the east end. Guy canny get any peace fae the filth.

A new contract wouldn't change that. For whatever reason, he hasn't done it on the park.

If you read my other post you would see i said he shouldn't get a contract unless its on football reasons alone. But for that guy to say hes making an arse of it? really? hasn't played the best but hasn't been the worse either. If he's talking about in the mhedia i really dont think he has either, hes been provoked from the start only ever said things to defends himself. Struggling to see his point. One thing he hasn't made an arse of though its getting right up the manky bheast mobs noes.

surprise surpise he has a howler against celtic and throws the jersey in the crowd to please the fans

he has a howler at st mirren and then comes out and says he wants a contract here .

he is trying to play the fans .there is no doubt.

lets look at the facts:

he was offloaded by blackburn for his behaviour and has no way back there so he has to find a club

blackburn will want a resonable fee for him which we cannot pay

we cant afford his wages

would we really want him ?

does he really want to come here or is it just more column inches for him

the media said this was his last chance and to be fair to them i think they are right ........and hes making an arse of it

His contract is up in the summer.

No it isn't. He'll have at least another season to run of his contract come the summer.

Someone posted on here the other day that he was on a bosman in the summer.

Just read on his wiki that he signed a 3 and a half year deal in January 2009 so I stand corrected (tu)

He'd done nothing to warrant a permanent move so far.

Couldn't agree more. Nothing special and i for one would have to see a massive improvement not only in his final ball but his behaviour on the park before even thinking about making him a permanent Rangers player.

Ironically i think he has done more for the filth's motivation in the 3 Old Firm games than he will contribute to us for the remainder of the season.

Good player, but if our wage bill is to be getting cut even more for next season I can't see how signing Diouf would be a good idea. If he thinks Rangers can afford to pay him over £20k per week he's living in cookoo land.