Next Season With Murray

I never thought I would even contemplate boycotting Rangers, not for one minute, especially this year where I gave the Club more money that at any time, but something has changed. I said to fans that there was no secrets, it was all there in black and white if they were to care and look at the figures, but I was wrong, and to those fans who said there was something, and to who I thought better, I apologise.

If Murray is in charge I may have to think of the long-term of the Club I love so dearly, I cannot give the Club money knowing that it could be used to propogate such a misleading regime as the present incumbents in charge of Rangers. Today, after yesterday's news, and now the result against Dun Utd, I am close to tears- to see Rangers being rubbished is one thing, but to see that we, the fans, are not being told everything is becoming depressing.

Alistair Johnston said something which scared me a little: he stated that not only can we not really buy players, but selling could be a problem also, because of the percentage left to the manager after the sale. That was a hint that there are possibly players there that Walter might not even want there, but moving them on would be worse than keeping them. What a shambles this is now and becoming.

We, as fans, now need a concerted voice to see what we do next. I am so reluctant to boycott, but my next step- as a mere fan may I add- will be to see what it does for the long-term future of Rangers. This debacle is not what this Club deserves.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no we do not.

think what murray has done for this club, i do not get why people hate him so much!!!! infact it fucking infuriates me!

He built one of the best training facilities in Europe.

He brought managers like The General to our club, and attracted players of incredible quality, which helped with 9-in-a-row.

if it wasnt for him, our club would be nowhere right now.

no we do not.

think what murray has done for this club, i do not get why people hate him so much!!!! infact it fucking infuriates me!

He brought managers like The General to our club, and attracted players of incredible quality.

You are 24 hours out of date there. Our own Chairman did not know about a bill that was coming and it ran into millions.- can you please consider that for a moment? On top of that we were told that any tax bill(the long-standing HMRC issue), which was refuted by no-one, would be taken care of, and now there is the possibility that the Club could get it. You talk about Murray in the halcyon days, we should be talking about now. And right now, things are a mess with very little imagination being used about how to get out of it.

fuck sake, were under a bit of pressure and were talking about boycotts ? no chance,

you either sit on your couch and greet about it, our you get out there and support

your team, im up for the fight :21:

We, as fans, now need a concerted voice to see what we do next. I am so reluctant to boycott, but my next step- as a mere fan may I add- will be to see what it does for the long-term future of Rangers. This debacle is not what this Club deserves.

I read your full post and agree with most but I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.

no we do not.

He brought managers like The General to our club, and attracted players of incredible quality, which helped with 9-in-a-row.

Rubbish, complete and utter shite!

For me the Murray debate is a funny one granted we have had success but we have overspent and wasted some money and this along with the credit crunch gets us to where we are today.To me it seems with each passing day David Murray's legacy is diminished in the eyes of more and more of our support.We will never know where we would be without Murray we can only deal in the here and now.I cannot ignore things like 9 in a row and some of the great players we signed and the amount of his own money Murray has put in.The failures of Murray are well documented failing to defend our club from attacks the overspending and bad management.Ultimatly I believe the good outweighs the bad but if we go into administration or we go bust I take that back.

aye ok then (tu)

you know im right. 9-IAR was hugely influenced by Murray.

Murray provided the money, he didnt win a thing, the players and Management teams did (tu)

Dont forget before he took over, we were riding high in the league, hammered celtic 5-1, and had some great players. He inherited a winning team, and a club that were signing, at that time, the best players in Britian. We were also a big success of the park.

SDM was more Influential in our downfall (tu)

no we do not.

We are nowhere.

no we do not.

Your name isnt David Murray by any chance it is?

Boycott with a view to do what??

Ask Murray to sell ? He is and has been trying to ?

Force someone to buy ?

I just dont see what a boycott will achieve and withdrawing cash from the club is in no way helpful.

So not boycott for me!