Inverness 3 v 2 Scum (there's yer dinner Lemmy)

Do you know what I often wonder...

I often wonder where they would have been

If we hadn't have taken them in

Fed them and washed them

Thousands in Glasgow alone

From Ireland they came

Brought us nothing but trouble and shame

Well the famine is over

Why don't they go home?

That is what I often wonder.

Tommy Burns death got a lot of reaction because of how premature it was, the man was only 52.

Loads of people die young mate, posters on here dont fall over themselfs to start threads and have around 18 pages

Loads of people die young mate, posters on here dont fall over themselfs to start threads and have around 18 pages

But with him bring a legend of our greatest rivals, there was/is a link there. Not forgetting our manager and assistant manager carried his coffin.

People show respect if they feel it's deserved, I doubt there'd be much for Neil Lennon if he did in fact in end up dying, and understandably so given that he hates us that much and doesn't attempt to hide it.

much as I agree with you Minstral, certain people provoke a reaction that fire people up, The shaved orangutan for example really stokes the fires of the rivalry, hence all the input.

Whilst I think your point on King Kai is well made, the younger generation will not remember him so don;t have the same regard for a Rangers Legend, sometimes it comes down to the short attention span and how little time people actually make to consider beyond what is past the end of their nose. Modern life I'm afraid that doesn't sit too well with us older bears - ho hum.

But with him bring a legend of our greatest rivals, there was/is a link there. Not forgetting our manager and assistant manager carried his coffin.

People show respect if they feel it's deserved, I doubt there'd be much for Neil Lennon if he did in fact in end up dying, and understandably so given that he hates us that much and doesn't attempt to hide it.

The majority of folk i know couldnt give a shit if Burns or any of the rest of them die. Im sorry mate they are not in my make up. He may be a legend to the taigs and if some of our own feel the need to have a love in with him then the tarrier forums would have you wax lyrical about their "son"

We had just lost a European final and our bus on the way down sang some songs that would have most on this board upset. The last thing on my mind was Tommy burns or any other taig. Dead or not

PS i must add any minutes silences etc i would respect. You only have to stay silent for 1 minute

The majority of folk i know couldnt give a shit if Burns or any of the rest of them die. Im sorry mate they are not in my make up. He may be a legend to the taigs and if some of our own feel the need to have a love in with him then the tarrier forums would have you wax lyrical about their "son"

We had just lost a European final and our bus on the way down sang some songs that would have most on this board upset. The last thing on my mind was Tommy burns or any other taig. Dead or not

PS i must add any minutes silences etc i would respect. You only have to stay silent for 1 minute

Not much of a debate to be had, each to their own at the end of the day.

People are more likely to have a huge discussion about something like how shite Edu is, whether we should sign a certain player based on a rumour, or if Messi is better than Maradona, than the history of our club.

Probably because there are a lot of teenagers/early 20's, myself included.

Anyone who calls themselves a Rangers fan and feels Walter Smith does not deserve a send off is a complete tit!

During the last 3 years that guy has dragged us through season after season, winning leagues, cup competitions and of course reaching Uefacup finals. Sure the football has not always been "brazilian", but what this guy has done with the finacial situation as it is, has been nothing short of a miracle. The greatest Rangers manager in my lifetime, both in terms of success and the manner in which he went about his business, and im sure we'll never have another like him in my lifetime.

After the last match of the season, win...lose....or draw, title or no title, i'll have a wee tear in my eye and raise a glass to all that Walter has done for us!

Living Rangers Legend!

In defense of Paul Lambert Rangers under walter should have signed him when he was at motherwell he stuck out like a sore thumb. When he left Dortmund for Celtic it wasnt for the want of trying to get a move to Rangers by him and his agent Gordon smith. Stalling and delaying but wee Dick was not interested maybe because he didnt have a van in front of his name.

In defense of Paul Lambert Rangers under walter should have signed him when he was at motherwell he stuck out like a sore thumb. When he left Dortmund for Celtic it wasnt for the want of trying to get a move to Rangers by him and his agent Gordon smith. Stalling and delaying but wee Dick was not interested maybe because he didnt have a van in front of his name.

Lambert signed for sellick at the end of season 1997 and Walter was in charge at that time.

Lambert signed for sellick at the end of season 1997 and Walter was in charge at that time.

Take it back Walter left 5 months later maybe his hands where tied though shame would have certainly benefited to a new face to freshen the squad for the 10 in a row run in.

History is relative, to some of the younger members, our history started when Souness arrived, our older members can remember Jock Wallace et al.

You cannot deride someone for not knowing something that happened well before they or you were born, just because some have a link doesn't mean others MUST too.

Certainly, if an ex player or manager passes, then they should be mourned in a fitting manner but to the younger fan, that player has no real relevance to them because they are not of their generation.

Not good or bad ... just life i'm afraid.

I'd say, especially now, that our clubs future is far more important than our history.

What does it matter to you if more people posted in a Tommy Burns remembrance thread than for Kai? More people will remember Burns.

If you want to accuse people of being tims then you should just come right out and say it rather than drag the memory of dead people into this pathetic thread.

Anyone who calls themselves a Rangers fan and feels Walter Smith does not deserve a send off is a complete tit!

During the last 3 years that guy has dragged us through season after season, winning leagues, cup competitions and of course reaching Uefacup finals. Sure the football has not always been "brazilian", but what this guy has done with the finacial situation as it is, has been nothing short of a miracle. The greatest Rangers manager in my lifetime, both in terms of success and the manner in which he went about his business, and im sure we'll never have another like him in my lifetime.

After the last match of the season, win...lose....or draw, title or no title, i'll have a wee tear in my eye and raise a glass to all that Walter has done for us!

Living Rangers Legend!

Who's said he doesn't deserve one? he does. I'll be too angry if we lose the league to hang about applauding failure and cheering my goodbyes.

If you can't grasp that, then your the fucking tit.

Having a competitive team on the park is acvhievement enough for Smith after the last few years we've had off the pitch.

Throw in a couple of League Titles and a European Final and the guy's a miracle worker and deserves a send-off from every Rangers fan.

I don't think you will get anyone (in their right mind) say he hasn't done a good job since he came back.

He has.

However, as said, it's not a personal slur on Smith. I'm not going to hang around and cheer and applaud if we don't win the league. I never have, no matter who the manager is.

If others want to give him a rousing send off regardless then great. Fantastic.

Others can see the bigger picture,. I think.

That's upto them. Pro choice and all that.

Find it slightly amusing a couple of people saying "SIT THERE AND PAY YOUR RESPECTS TO HIM NO MATTER WHAT OR YOUR NO FAN AND A TIT" :lol:

I'd say, especially now, that our clubs future is far more important than our history.

What does it matter to you if more people posted in a Tommy Burns remembrance thread than for Kai? More people will remember Burns.

If you want to accuse people of being tims then you should just come right out and say it rather than drag the memory of dead people into this pathetic thread.

Why dont you go and play tig with the buses. And for your information Kai is ten times the man Burns was, maybe not to you right enough.