Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Why would u even get a loyalty fee considering u are about to leave :lol:

Eh, because he didnt request the transfer?

Transfer request = no loyalty bonus.

Transfer without request = loyalty bonus.

Rangers have failed in two new bids for David Goodwillie, as they desperately seek permission to speak to the Blackburn Rovers-bound striker.

Dundee United rejected the offers, the sixth and seventh attempts by the Ibrox club to land the player this summer, at the same time as the 22-year-old underwent a medical at Ewood Park.

Rangers had previously made five bids for the striker, all of which were turned down. It is understood that the Glasgow club’s proposed payment structure, paying in instalments over a number of years, remains the main stumbling block to a deal.

STV understands Goodwillie has passed a medical and has already agreed personal terms with Rovers, after Dundee United accepted a reported £2.8 million offer for the 22-year-old, but a deal is yet to be completed.

When asked earlier this morning if Rangers’ new offers had matched Blackburn’s, McCoist replied: “As far as I'm aware, yes. Unfortunately I can't give you a lot of information, other than we have put in a new bid to Dundee United.

"We just have to wait and see in the next couple of hours what happens.

“We've all made no secret of the fact that David is a player we would love to see at Rangers. We believe that we have put a bid in that's more than acceptable.”

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/264722-rangers-fail-in-two-new-bids-for-david-goodwillie/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Your obviously not interested enough to see the point I'm making, whatever.

I'm always interested in what our support has to say. If you think I've dismissed your point then that's down to your perception of the reply. Age either improves a player or sees a diminishing of their worth. In the case of a Miller v Goodwillie decission I would ask the 3 questions I used when hiring staff.

Does he want the job?

Can he do the job?

Will he fit in?

You decide!

If it's true and we've matched BR's bid and it's still rejected then it ain't going to happen. Dutd clearly want him down south, they get the same cash and he can't score v dutd in the coming yrs, it's win win for them.

Has a player ever gone this far to signing for one club and then rejected it and went to another?

I can think of a few that have agreed terms but no undergone medicals?

Was on a BBR forum and they said they done it with david Dunn, he had a medical at Birmingham and then went back to them.

So we have matched the bid by Blackburn Rovers yet Dundee United have rejected it?

Either we have offered it in unacceptable payments or Dundee United don't want to sell Goodwillie to us - I'd imagine it will be a bit of both.

David Goodwillie could always reject Blackburn putting pressure on Dundee United. I think he will sign on at Ewood Park today.

I'm always interested in what our support has to say. If you think I've dismissed your point then that's down to your perception of the reply. Age either improves a player or sees a diminishing of their worth. In the case of a Miller v Goodwillie decission I would ask the 3 questions I used when hiring staff.

Does he want the job?

Can he do the job?

Will he fit in?

You decide!

Would you not also ask how long can he do the job for? Will he have to retire in 2 or 3 years?

There is only 2 scenarios left.

1 - Goodwillie heads back to Scotland WITHOUT signing deal with BB..In that case he will sign for Rangers.

2 - He will sign for Blackburn today

Yip I would say we will know one way or another by 5pm tonight