Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Medical over two days, strange.

So , does that mean he stays in Blackburn tonight or does he fancy another trip back up the road. Very strange, never known a medical to take 2 days.

Perfect time for Rangers to land there man, problem is the fee we are offering upfront.

Simple way to sort it offer the 2.8million in one payment, If he is good we will make money on him down the line, if he flops we are going to make a lose anyway so I don't see the point in making payments over so many years.

This entire saga is absolutely mental. i dont know that much about mr whyte (then agin, who does) but i personally believe he thinks if he waits till the last minute as has happened with goodwillie, and we get him, the fans will appreciate him more as he has pipped another club to the post. However he is living dangerously by employing this tactic as we don't have the means to compete with blackburn financially. same is happening with verhoek and Fulham. touchwood we get DG as he is a rangers fan and that could play a MAJOR part in this, but i just cant see it. we left it too late.

Oh, and thomson is being a wanker. that could be of some importance

He could reject Blackburn and tell Dundee United that he wants to move to The Rangers.

May not work, but it will put pressure on Stephen Thomson and his shitey wee club.

i think that would work m8t.

and thats what he should be doing if he wants to come to us.

This entire saga is absolutely mental. i dont know that much about mr whyte (then agin, who does) but i personally believe he thinks if he waits till the last minute as has happened with goodwillie, and we get him, the fans will appreciate him more as he has pipped another club to the post. However he is living dangerously by employing this tactic as we don't have the means to compete with blackburn financially. same is happening with verhoek and Fulham. touchwood we get DG as he is a rangers fan and that could play a MAJOR part in this, but i just cant see it. we left it too late.

Oh, and thomson is being a w*nker. that could be of some importance

IF we somehow manage to get him, we could have saved ourself almost a Million if we were just a little more proactive and got to the asking price before Blackburn came in.

I still wouldn't have a problem with paying our latest bids though, he'd defo be a 20 a season striker for us and a good partner for Jelavic.

If goodie wants to play for us then he'd walk away from the bb deal instead he's down there having a medical

Don't know about you guys but to me that tells me he doesn't want to play for the rangers

He has not signed anything which is a sign.

Rangers will not be able to call upon Dorin Goian for the second leg of their Champions League third qualifying round tie with Malmo.

Club officials tried and failed to register Goian with the SFA and UEFA in time for Monday's additional player deadline, with a delay in the defender's work permit application ending his hopes of featuring.

The signing from Palermo would be free to play in the SPL as soon as his work permit and accession card are granted.

But Rangers must wait to field him in Europe, with the first opportunity for him to feature coming in the play-off round of either the Champions League or Europa League.

"Even though the process was initiated prior to the deadline, the registration at national level was not completed by this deadline," a UEFA official confirmed to STV.

"The player cannot therefore be registered and is not eligible for the third qualifying round."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist and Goian himself had been making positive noises about being able to play next Wednesday, as the SPL side aim to overturn a one goal deficit.

In a twist, Goian was registered by Palermo by last Thursday's conventional deadline for their participation in the Europa League third qualifying round.

Rangers may have been hopeful then of convincing UEFA to transfer that European registration across but the governing body put paid to that possibility.

"Registrations are not transferred from one club to another," they confirmed.

"Players are transferred, then registered with the national association of the country where their new club is playing, and finally registered with us by their new club to play in a European competition."

Posted in here since no one adventures outside the Goodwillie thread :lol: