Madjid Bougherra allegedly invokes 'Webster Ruling'

Raligt

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe this at all

We're not exactly difficult to deal with and would probably accept £1 million anyway if he told us he wanted to go

Yet again Bougherra, the man who stayed for 3 years, is deemed a cunt, whereas Carlos Cuellar is still treated as a hero amongst our fans

When you can mark Wayne Rooney in a full 90 minutes you can get a game in The Premmiership..

It wouldn't have caused Broadfoot any problems marking him in the WC...England were pants the entire tournament and Rooney was pants up until Feb.

I maintain he wouldn't cope in the prem, i said this before the whole contract thing but anyway.

Why would he do this when Rangers would be happy enough to sell him if he wanted to go anyway?

If its not true though, we owe a big apology.

Big Davie weir made him look good away back to the championship and play 10 games sell a few goals then get pumped on the bench

Typical nonsense trotted out every time a player supposedly wants to leave us

Bougherra should be playing at a higher level than the SPL. If he played for any other SPL club, we'd all be in agreement on this

We're not exactly difficult to deal with and would probably accept £1 million anyway if he told us he wanted to go

Yet again Bougherra, the man who stayed for 3 years, is deemed a cunt, whereas Carlos Cuellar is still treated as a hero amongst our fans

I remember the same vitriolic abuse being fired at him when he was leaving. Quite simply, he was a far better defender than Bougherra and gave us no trouble during his stay.

I remember the same vitriolic abuse being fired at him when he was leaving. Quite simply, he was a far better defender than Bougherra and gave us no trouble during his stay.

Far better is pushing it

We have a better defensive record over the last 3 years (an average of 28 goals conceded per season) than we did during Cuellar's year at the club (33 goals conceded) and the only change in that defence is Bougherra for Cuellar, no other factors

he set the president and its rarely if ever been used again.

there's an informal agreement in place.

whether that extends to quatar is debatable.

Hold yer horses. He's good, but not good enough to install a national leader.

Actually Bougherra is treated like a hero on here despite his desperation to leave over the last two years plus his no shows and extended international trips...

If this story is true then it would say a lot about his ability that he feels he would have to in essence be a free agent for any decent team to consider signing him, as thye haven't exactly been queueing up to sign him thus far.

If this is true then I will lose all respect for Madjid Bougherra.

Since he joined the club he has always said that he would like to play in the Premiership again or get a move abroad and he had been honest about that. But the way he is going about this is really disappointing. It's not a surprise that he wants to leave because that had been on the cards for a while but to leave like this is a slap in the face to the supprters, club and Ally McCoist.

All he had to do was come out and say that he has enjoyed his time at Rangers immensely but he would like to move on and try something different. If he had done that not many people would have begrudged him a move. After all he is a class act and has been the best defender in the league for the past 3 years. I'm sure many clubs would have been interested in him and although I don't think he is good enough to play for one of the top 6 in England he would definitely get a game for the likes of Everton, Villa, Fulham... But to do this is out of the question.

Madjid Bougherra was hardly a big name player when he was at Charlton and it has been Walter Smith and Rangers that have made him a big name star in Britain and Europe. If you want to leave this way Madjid then fuck off!

can't say i would be surprised if this is true tbh

he's not exactly given the club or fans much respect when he's been away on international duty,has he.

how many times was he late back,with pish excuses?

he's been on auto pilot for ages,it's clear as day he's been wanting away for a long time.

fuck him.

I find this hard to believe, but if true, what a fucking cunt. :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer: :chopometer:

Wouldn't surprise me if the board were just looking to put themselves in a good light when he leaves. (Not that they would need to as we all expect him to leave.)

We should now be a lot harder to deal with when selling players.

We aren't dictated by the banks anymore.

We can start playing hardball.

Hopefully Whyte will see to this on the back of Bain being shipped out.

Far better is pushing it

We have a much better defensive record over the last 3 years than we did during Cuellar's year at the club

You know your football, bud, so don't play daft and put a team's defensive record down to one player as there are many contributing factors.