Craig Conway on his way to Ibrox?

G.Linton

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have visions of the Beattie signing here .............. the fact that we are all DESPERATE for us to sign someone.

Conway would have been an ok squad player, yes just ok, so we move on.

He's not exactly the pacy tricky winger I was hoping for anyway!

Conways ability, or lack of, isn the issue here its about the bigger picture and I think people are missing the point a little bit.

We identified Conway as a target as early as January, we've had him at Ibrox for talks and we've missed out because we pissed about.

That's the second player that we held a strong interest in, that we have missed out on in the space of a week.

Conways ability, or lack of, isn the issue here its about the bigger picture and I think people are missing the point a little bit.

We identified Conway as a target as early as January, we've had him at Ibrox for talks and we've missed out because we pissed about.

That's the second player that we held a strong interest in, that we have missed out on in the space of a week.

Or we never offered him any thing!?

I'm not worried about losing out on Conway, far from it. The only thing I'd question is why did we get him in for talks and not make an offer?

Did we ask him to keepy the ball up and he dropped it in the office?

It seems a strange thing to do. Even if we made a shocking offer we still should have made one if we were genuinely interested because if anything it keeps us in the loop.

I would hope the appointment of Smith will tighten these loose ends or speed up the process a little bit.

I'm not worried about losing out on Conway, far from it. The only thing I'd question is why did we get him in for talks and not make an offer?

Did we ask him to keepy the ball up and he dropped it in the office?

It seems a strange thing to do. Even if we made a shocking offer we still should have made one if we were genuinely interested because if anything it keeps us in the loop.

I would hope the appointment of Smith will tighten these loose ends or speed up the process a little bit.

My post just above.

Maybe the wages he was looking for were above what we value him at.

I'm sure our wanted list is bigger than Hemed,Conway and Goodwillie.

Why get him to Murray Park then?

Surely we would have already had talks with his people for that even happen?

Spending six months tracking the guy to not get him is a complete waste of time and resources.

Agreed, we should have tied him up on a pre-contract in January, takeover or no takeover. We were hardly likely to break the bank with his wages and we wouldn 't have had to start paying them until June/July time anyway.

I don't think it's a catastrophe we've missed out on him, but he should be a Rangers player if we were interseted in him, we've had plenty of time to make it happen.

My post just above.

Maybe the wages he was looking for were above what we value him at.

I'm sure our wanted list is bigger than Hemed,Conway and Goodwillie.

Possibly. If so I wish they'd just tell us "he was out of our price range" and we'll know he has been a wee money grabbing cunt like most of them.

Fresh from the BBC:

Craig Conway chooses Cardiff City over Rangers

Page last updated at 13:26 GMT, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 14:26 UK

By Jim Spence

BBC Scotland

Conway made 137 appearances for United during his time on Tayside

Cardiff City have beaten Rangers in the race to sign out-of-contract Scotland winger Craig Conway.

The former Dundee United winger says he has agreed terms with Cardiff City and will have a medical in the next few days with the Championship side.

"I was really impressed by [Cardiff manager] Malky Mackay when I met him when he was manager at Watford," Conway, 26, told BBC Scotland.

Cardiff, who face a big rebuilding process, have refused to comment.

Conway's agent, Mark Donaghy, held talks with Rangers last week but no offer was made by the Ibrox club.

New Cardiff manager Mackay was keen to sign Conway during his time as Watford manager.

Conway was signed for Dundee United by then manager Craig Brewster in June 2006.

He has made two appearances for Scotland and scored two goals in Utd's 3-0 win over Ross County in the 2010 Scottish Cup final.

Along with Rangers and Watford, he had been a target for a number of English clubs including Leicester City and Leeds United.

Well that's another one missed out on!!!

Q. If Bain was still in the hotseat would we have signed Conway?

Possibly. If so I wish they'd just tell us "he was out of our price range" and we'll know he has been a wee money grabbing cunt like most of them.

I wouldn't even say out of our price range tbh,he holds all the cards as he's a free agent and I doubt Ally had him down as being in the first 11(IMO)

It depends on how you look at it really but the fact we never made him an offer says to me he was either looking for too much or maybe he wanted assurances of how often he would play etc.

I'm quite pleased we aint panic buying,he's probably went to Cardiff with a guarantee of first team football and a bit higher wages than we would have been prepared to pay him.

We're guessing at this stage though.

I wouldn't even say out of our price range tbh,he holds all the cards as he's a free agent and I doubt Ally had him down as being in the first 11(IMO)

It depends on how you look at it really but the fact we never made him an offer says to me he was either looking for too much or maybe he wanted assurances of how often he would play etc.

I'm quite pleased we aint panic buying,he's probably went to Cardiff with a guarantee of first team football and a bit higher wages than we would have been prepared to pay him.

We're guessing at this stage though.

Forum would be dead otherwise :craphead:

We didn't even offer him a contract FFS! What the fuck is going on at Ibrox, seriously? All we need is Danns to knock us back now and make it the 'egg on face' hat-trick.