Connection to Rangers Players Past or Present

TheMotor

Played football with Jamie Ness before and also Naisy's Dad.

My brother was mates with Kris Boyds brother.

Broadfoot used to live down the road from me.

Used to go to school with and was pals with a certain young Celtic winger aswell..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Ally used to come round to my grans house every morning to walk to school with my uncle, then sometimes would come back after for dinner. Also played squash with him a fair few times at John Wrights sports centre in EK as my dad worked there and he'd just turn up and ask if anyone was free for a game.

Also my old man was the manager of my primary school football team, Ally came along to watch us a few times, once bringing Davie Cooper with him!!

Other than that no connection what-so-ever :sherlock:

So many heavy threads on here at the moment, I thought we needed something a bit more frivolous.

Who has a connection to any Rangers player(s) past or present, no matter how tenuous? This is the exact thread for that "my Aunties' brothers' dog once bit Gazza." type story. No proof to back the story up is required cos you're not getting famous from this one. just give us some thing interesting.

I have two to start us off:

Derek Grierson, Rangers Striker in the 1950s was my maths teacher in school.

My uncle, Jimmy Jack, was club secretary and coach at Glasgow United and Glasgow Amateurs, and helped to bring through Alex O'Hara and Alex MacDonald.

On you go......

My wee Ma's cousin - her son was on Rangers books in the early 1960's - a goalkeeper called Kenny MacFarlane - third team level - a back-up to the back-up if you get my drift.

I did see a photograph of him once in the annual squad photo-shoot and I met him a few times when I was a kid. The fact that he was on Rangers' books was enough for me. He was a star in my eyes.

He moved on never having played for the first XI (managed some reserve appearances I believe).

Tenuous or not - I'm related to this club. :sherlock:

Walter used to drop me off at carntyne sq every fri afternoon in his wee triumph toledo. Davie Dodds let me stay over at his house after a night out in dundee. Billy Kirkwood called me a fucken weegie prick just seconds before I cracked him in the mouth.

Ive inserted my penis inside his daughter :sherlock:

Alec Reid, Rangers player, lived in the same tenement as us in the 60's and he used to look after me and my brother when my mom and dad went out shopping, and my Dad's cousin is Norrie Martin Rangers goalie in the 60's

Years back, my old man had a steel fabrication company and they were awarded the contract to build the northbank stand at Love street. He became friendly with Campbell Money at the time. To cut a long story short, I ended up being Campbell's mascot at his testimonial. My brother was asked by super Ally to be his.

As we ran out with the teams, both teams came together to have photos taken for the papers etc. I felt someone put their arm round me, I automatically thought it was campbell, until we got the papers the next day, it was Month fuckin Johnstone. It nearly killed my old boy off. :lol:

My best mate went to primary school with Jig.

Met Andy Goram and valeted and prepped his and Miriam's new cars they bought from our dealership.

Filled up Dick Advocaat's car with fuel during the strike while he was in charge of us,Bert Van Lingen brought it in for him.

Not a player but my ex Boss was a director of Rangers which led to the above :)

Ex-physio Tommy Craig is my mother's second cousin. I met him at our supporters club dance and he introduced me to Jock Wallace.

Willie Henderson lost my autograph book when a mate of my old man gave it to him to get signed for me, he bought me a new one and got the full Rangers and Scotland squads to sign it.

I had my picture on the back page of the Evening Times, getting Andy Penman's autograph.

I once met Richard Gough's granny in a shop in Argyle St.

I saw Andy Gray and his mates doing a U-turn in an XR3 cabriolet outside my parents' house.

On a note related to the thread, my uncle used to play for Hearts/Falkirk/Dunfermline.

He was good friends with Big Jock Wallace.

He arranged a personal tour of Ibrox from the big man for my cousin and I when we were about 9 or 10.

Big Jock met us at the marble staircase, shouted us towards him, and when I got to him he picked me up and stuck the nut in me. :lol:

My cousin got a slap on the jaw.

Apparently that was how Big jock said hi. :D

Was an unreal experience though, which I later looked back on as being a very priveliged one indeed. (tu)