Craig Thomson Keeps His Job.

Craig Thomson will continue his career with Hearts after he was placed on the sex offenders register.

Last week, Thomson pleaded guilty to two charges of indecent behaviour for lewd and libidinous behaviour towards two girls, aged 12 and 14.

The player has apologised for his crimes and Hearts said his "grave error of judgement" was due to "naivety and possible wrong outside influence".

The 20-year-old will resume training at the club with immediate effect.

However, Thomson will not be with the rest of the first-team squad when they fly out to their Italian traning camp on Saturday.

The full-back issued an apology via the club website, saying that he is "fully aware that I have let everyone down".

He added: "I personally make no excuses for what I did but I would like to thank the club for studying the entire circumstances around the matter.

"I am fully aware of the extreme pressure the club faced from individuals and organisations that were not in full possession of the facts surrounding my situation.

"My aim now is to move on and develop my career and I know this will only happen with the support of my family, friends and the club."

A statement from Hearts read: "The club views this matter very seriously and does not condone the behaviour of the player. Appropriate action to prevent any further development of unlawful activities has been taken.

"In reaching this decision, the club accepted that there are sufficient mitigating circumstances that provide significant assurance that the player's conduct, no matter how distasteful, was the result of a grave error of judgement due to naivety and possible wrong outside influence rather than anything more sinister and it will not be repeated."

Meanwhile, Icelandic international defender Kari Arnason will travel to Tuscany for a trial period.

The 28-year-old has been with Plymouth for two years but has been released due to the financial problems the League Two club are encountering.

Can't believe he hasn't been sacked.

All I can say is you'd better be prepared for an avalanche of abuse from every set of supporters :lol: apart from Celtic, they would just look like hypocrites if they boo you.

Hearts are aware that Craig Thomson will be coming into contact with mascots and ballboys/girls?

How many dads are going to be wanting to take their kids to games when there's a man who is on the sex offender's list for preying on children?

What actually happened?

Was chatting up a 12 year old and a 14 year old girl on the internet.

Asked the 14 year old for sex and sent her a pic of his pinger.

Was chatting up a 12 year old and a 14 year old girl on the internet.

Asked the 14 year old for sex and sent her a pic of his pinger.

What a cunt.

Fucking shocking, in circumstances like this the SFA should be allowed to get involved and do the right thing.

Hearts in recent years have really went down in alot of peoples estimations, including mine.

Cousins of William my arse, total scum.

The girls almost certainly lied about their age. There's no way he'd have got off with a £4000 fine and no punishment from his club if they didn't.

He met 1 of them when he was helping teach PE in a school so he will have known her age

Hearts bosses were told about his behaviour 6months before he was charged, yet they continued to let him go round the schools teaching children doh

Can't believe he hasn't been sacked.

All I can say is you'd better be prepared for an avalanche of abuse from every set of supporters :lol:apart from Celtic, they would just look like hypocrites if they boo you.

:lol::lol:

The girls almost certainly lied about their age. There's no way he'd have got off with a £4000 fine and no punishment from his club if they didn't.

Shite, I'm afraid.

He knew the ages of both of the girls. And if you think Hearts, a club who previously hired a convicted sex offender as their manager, give a flying fuck about anything other than his potential future sell-on value, you're deluding yourself.

Shocking decision from Hearts, I certainly wouldn't want to train with him, can't imagine what the hearts players who are parents are thinking of at the moment.

Can you imagine the abuse (no pun intended) he will receive when he actually plays