We'll Only Buy At The Right Price.

PaulRFC1

Read the bold bit.

READ IT ! its basically a reply to most people on here, especially the bit were our fans think we are flush with money.

Ally and Whyte are right in what they are doing and the way they are going about it.

http://www.eveningti...price-1.1108936

Didnt see this posted anywhere so hopefully it isnt a repost.

I don't think any of us thinks we're flush with money.

Kerkar shows that, a player who managed 1 substitute appearance in 6 months. Weir and Healy also.

What some of us are worried about is signings like the above, then a bad start to the season and we end up panic buying. Kaunas being the prime example.

Kerkar Weir and Healy equal the wages of a player who could actually enhance the squad and maybe even play in a game (strange notion I know, imagine buying a player intending to play him).

Nobody wants financial mismanagement again, I am in favour of us living within our means, but all these squad fillers cost money and it adds up, I would rather we use the youth players than sign the likes of Healy, Kerkar and to a lesser extent Weir and please no more Beatties.

Unrealistically low offers and prolonged drawn out transfer negotiations have cost us more in the long run, The Jelavic saga, then we signed Beattie who has been a waste of a lot of money, money that could have bought Goodwillie and paid him for the year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see us signing a 17 goals a season striker for less than £2mil.

connor sammon went to wigan for 500k and he scored 15 goals in 6 months

adam rooney is on a bosman and scored 15 goals also for a worse team

dont let the fact that goodwillie is a supposed rangers fan fool you, if he was a known beggar fan we wouldnt be wanting to offer a million for goodwillie (tu)

dont let the fact that goodwillie is a supposed rangers fan fool you, if he was a known beggar fan we wouldnt be wanting to offer a million for goodwillie (tu)

Sammon only had 6 months left on his contract I'm sure. I agree that a lot more people would probably want Rooney if he wasn't Irish though.

goodwillie got 17 goals all last season in the SPL

connor Sammon got 15 and he fucked off in january :lol: , hell even micheal higdon got 14 and he is worse than some junior level footballlers

goodwillie isnt a "proven goalscorer" and certainly with his current off-field situation isnt worth 2million

Whats wrong with Jnr footballers ballbag?

Wouldn't expect us to over pay, certainly hope we wouldn't. It's fucked us over in the past, and I don't want to see us go down that road again. If you want money over playing for The Rangers, then you are no use to our club!

No need to throw ridiculous wages and fees at players like Danns, Hemed, Conway, or anyone for that matter.

Now, get McGregor and Davis tied down, and focus on bringing in the right quality to the club!

IM OLE SUPER RANGERS AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE OF BIRD FLU BECAUSE CRAIG CONWAY SAID NO TO US AND DANNS AND STUFF AND EVERYONE

I have never mentioned anything about conway.

The only thing i said about him is, why were we in the papers saying we wanted him but, never offered a contract?

And now everyone thinks that conway rejected us. Thats what annoys me.

Not always about the amount of goals you score pal.

Fact is, Goodwillie's probably worth about 1.5 to 2 mil considering he's just signed a new contract and if we were to pick him up for that I'd be delighted.

I have never mentioned anything about conway.

The only thing i said about him is, why were we in the papers saying we wanted him but, never offered a contract?

And now everyone thinks that conway rejected us. Thats what annoys me.

If you had read between the lines you would have realised that Conway's wage demands were slightly higher than what we imagined them to be.

Hence nae offer.

Far Far to early to be worried we tried it on with a few player kept our wallet in our pockets when the players didn't bite that's all. Danns And Hamed were targets that we could walk away from, nice if we got them (price being rite) but not a disaster if we didn't and what the majority on here wanted when Murray was in charge he spunked money up against the wall time after time because of ego and misguided pride (we must never do that again EVER)

Weir is essential IMO a great piece of business he will be critical this season we need his experience and leadership more than ever on and off the field but must be rested better

Kerkar Bizarre no idea what that's about Im assuming he's seen as a cheap fit body just in case

Healy fair enough IMO Goodwillie Nah 500.000 to a mill max this guy has a year left on his contract could be playing for Barliney united soon for that kinda money (2 mill) I want tried and tested and a guarantee said player wont be dodging showers and bending over, we need all our players available at all time

Over all we are neither here nor there and its too early to tell Carlos Cuellar is our top target we will be a lot wiser when the outcome of this deal is known

Rather than crapping money and wages on half decent players i.e. Goodwillie. We should be trying to sign players of the class of Jelavic and co. Players that will actually enhance the squad, rather than merely make up the numbers. We showed last season you don't need a 20-25man squad to win the SPL. So rather than spunk money on mediocre "aww but theyre pyur class up in tha spl man" players, lets sign some players who'll take us to the next level.

I'd rather bring in 2-3 players who made a difference, than twice the amount who wouldn't even get into the first team.

Goodwillie is not half as good as the majority of our fans believe. If we hadn't been linked with him for the last 2 years or so, would be all think so highly of him? i think not. He is a good player yes, but he is the best of a mediocre bunch. Both Naismith and Jelavic are better than him, thus i see no point in buying him for a substantial amount of money. £2 mil can buy a really good striker if we look in the right places, and tannadice is not that place

This!! well said my man... 100% agreed

Just fantastic .

It feels so good knowing that there are fellow rangers fans out there who can see through all this unmerited hype surrounding goodwillie . I hope he fucks off and signs for Cardiff .

I couldn't agree more with mccoist , we shall not be held to ransom and especially not for an overrated , over valued , trouble magnet ned cunt .

people mentioning goodie and rooney in the same category know nothing about football.

agree, but when people say goodwillie is a proven SPL goalscorer

goodwillies career record is 48 goals from 154 games

adam rooney's career record is 66 goals in 181 games

then its clearly not the best way to argue the case to spend 2million on him

as ive said, if goodwillie was a taig or rooney was N.Irish the arguements would be different on here

If we can't pay 2mil fo Goodwillie who is young and can only get better then im sorry Ally but thats a fucking joke.

do you have a crystal ball?

how do you know that he can only get better, remember the last young striker united forced us to pay top dollar for? he didnt exactly prove his worth for us

Rather than crapping money and wages on half decent players i.e. Goodwillie. We should be trying to sign players of the class of Jelavic and co. Players that will actually enhance the squad, rather than merely make up the numbers. We showed last season you don't need a 20-25man squad to win the SPL. So rather than spunk money on mediocre "aww but theyre pyur class up in tha spl man" players, lets sign some players who'll take us to the next level.

I'd rather bring in 2-3 players who made a difference, than twice the amount who wouldn't even get into the first team.

"aye but he's a good rangers man and he has pure scored hunners apparently in the SPL"

:rolleyes:

do you have a crystal ball?

how do you know that he can only get better, remember the last young striker united forced us to pay top dollar for? he didnt exactly prove his worth for us

You can see how good he is everytime we play Dundee Utd him and Jelavic would be a dream partnership for us in this day and age.