• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree, but when people say goodwillie is a proven SPL goalscorer

goodwillies career record is 48 goals from 154 games

adam rooney's career record is 66 goals in 181 games

then its clearly not the best way to argue the case to spend 2million on him

as ive said, if goodwillie was a taig or rooney was N.Irish the arguements would be different on here

The most off putting thing about Rooney is his recent record.

2 goals in 20 games or something.

You can see how good he is everytime we play Dundee Utd him and Jelavic would be a dream partnership for us in this day and age.

I dont rate him and have watched him play us numerous times.

as long as they dont overspend i couldnt care what their plan is mate (tu)

it took us 3 years and a takeover to clear us of the last overspending shambles

We certainly don't want to go down that road again, but these days we need to look outwith the English/British market to get that value for money. The early signs don't look too promising on that score.

agree, but when people say goodwillie is a proven SPL goalscorer

goodwillies career record is 48 goals from 154 games

adam rooney's career record is 66 goals in 181 games

then its clearly not the best way to argue the case to spend 2million on him

as ive said, if goodwillie was a taig or rooney was N.Irish the arguements would be different on here

goodwillie would still be the better player by a country mile.

people thinking goodie is a out and out goalscorer would also be very wrong.

goodwillie would still be the better player by a country mile.

people thinking goodie is a out and out goalscorer would also be very wrong.

People forget he played out wide while Daly etc was in the team and while Conway was out injured etc but lets not let facts disturb the debate here

People forget he played out wide while Daly etc was in the team and while Conway was out injured etc but lets not let facts disturb the debate here

what's that got to do with anything. The argument put forward by most is that goodwillie is a proven spl goalscorer. When his career stats don't lend themselves to that

we don't need a striker that can play out wide when required. We need a 20+ goal a season penalty box predator to partner jelavic. Mccoist was that type of player and i think that's why he hasn't got whyte to push the boat out for goodwillie, mccoist knows that goodwillie won't get 20 odd goals a season

I would love him to play for us, but if we sign him and he ends up in the pokey we will be the laughing stock for a long time. Can you imagine all the tarriers trying to get jury duty ?

what's that got to do with anything. The argument put forward by most is that goodwillie is a proven spl goalscorer. When his career stats don't lend themselves to that

we don't need a striker that can play out wide when required. We need a 20+ goal a season penalty box predator to partner jelavic. Mccoist was that type of player and i think that's why he hasn't got whyte to push the boat out for goodwillie, mccoist knows that goodwillie won't get 20 odd goals a season

He is a penalty box striker but one with ability that has been USED by his club in their time of need to play out wide etc , to fit into the formations used by the coach at Utd , you do know David scored 17 goals for utd this season , while being played mostly out wide ? imagine what he would do playing uptop where he should be with a Classy partner in Jelavic , if he signs i bet you £20 he scores more than 20 goals ....

Fucking adam Rooney , penalty box striker , aye a penalty taking striker hence his goal record for Inverness :rolleyes: if there is a fatter player than Adam Rooney then i'd be shocked tbh

He is a penalty box striker but one with ability that has been USED by his club in their time of need to play out wide etc , to fit into the formations used by the coach at Utd , you do know David scored 17 goals for utd this season , while being played mostly out wide ? imagine what he would do playing uptop where he should be with a Classy partner in Jelavic , if he signs i bet you £20 he scores more than 20 goals ....

Fucking adam Rooney , penalty box striker , aye a penalty taking striker hence his goal record for Inverness :rolleyes: if there is a fatter player than Adam Rooney then i'd be shocked tbh

his career stats as a penalty box striker is pretty average mate, especially for 2million quid

we paid 400k for boyd and he had a much better stats record at the time of the transfer (tu)