Greatest Pre/end Match Atmospheres At Ibrox?

Sorry smug lookin fat bastard Collie, I remember as if it was yesterday, me and the Mates walked along Edmiston Drive towards the PRW and ma mate aff the tap o' his heid said 'Nine In A Bo' ! And that was the headline paper wise the next day. Halcyon Daze when there was never any doubt in everybodys head about who we are. Ma heids still the same by the way ! W.A.T.P. ;):uk::sherlock:

PS - And talking about initials F.T.P. !

FGAU ;):sherlock:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-match either the Barca game of the last OF at Ibrox. Post-match the OF game Edu scored in the last minute.

Definately the best one for me, even the papac hater behind me was getting hi-5's from myself !

Rangers 2 Dynamo Kiev 0

Rangers 5 Celtic 1 wilkins goal pre game I have never heard anything louder and we were 5 1 up with 20 mins to go as usual nice Rangers take their foot of the gas instead of ripping their fucking throats out and shoving it up their arses.

Rangers 2 Leeds 1 Comparable to the 5 1 game and you could hear a pin drop when Leeds scored for about half a minute then the BB boys and no surrender started back up.

Leeds at home and Dynamo Kiev.Never known noisier atmospheres.The 2-2 game when Gough equalised at the death.

And for a few minutes the atmosphere at the 4-4 game when Cammy Fraser scored twice. We were 3-1 down and getting played off the park. We got it back to 4-3 and when that fourth goal went in the atmosphere was simply incredible. Only to be deflated when Murdo McLeod scored a screamer to equalise.

And funnily enough my fondest memory/atmosphere was the Glasgow Cup Final played at Ibrox on a Friday night just before Souness arrived. Game went to extra time and McCoist scored the winner and completed his hat trick in the process. That was some night belting out the tunes in the pouring rain supporting a very very average Gers team to victory.

Leeds at home and Dynamo Kiev.Never known noisier atmospheres.The 2-2 game when Gough equalised at the death.

And for a few minutes the atmosphere at the 4-4 game when Cammy Fraser scored twice. We were 3-1 down and getting played off the park. We got it back to 4-3 and when that fourth goal went in the atmosphere was simply incredible. Only to be deflated when Murdo McLeod scored a screamer to equalise.

And funnily enough my fondest memory/atmosphere was the Glasgow Cup Final played at Ibrox on a Friday night just before Souness arrived. Game went to extra time and McCoist scored the winner and completed his hat trick in the process. That was some night belting out the tunes in the pouring rain supporting a very very average Gers team to victory.

Buoyed by the anticipation of what would happen the next season.

That Kiev game was the noisiest game that I can ever remember, and it was like that from start to finish.

The night we drew with Inter Milan at Ibrox and were all waiting in stands to hear result from the other game so we would go thru ti last 16.

Was bouncing when it was announced

Magic night, was in the Copland with my Mum. Beautiful memory.

I'm really enjoying reading peoples' recollections in here but every time I see the thread title come up, I think it says, "Greatest Pretend Atmospheres At Ibrox", and just imagine some fan doing his own muttered commentary when on a stadium tour or something.

You know: "And the crowd goes wild as Themotor comes on at the start of the second half. How on earth are celtc going to cope with his pace and vision?" kind of thing. :21:

Buoyed by the anticipation of what would happen the next season.

That Kiev game was the noisiest game that I can ever remember, and it was like that from start to finish.

Indeed. Was only just announced that Souness was taking over and that he may be attending the game. Players like Dave McKinnon played their heart out that night knowing it was their last ever game in a blue jersey. Pouring rain and a cracking atmosphere to boot.

The Gough one was superb and the 5-1 slaughter with Ray Wilkins screamer was awesome but everybody to a man in the Stadium this day was convinced this was NIAR:

:sherlock:

This is the game I was going to say - the atmospere was absolutely unreal, the stadium was literally shaking during Simply The Best.

the game we needed to with against the sheep shaggers when walters crossed the ball for hately to score the first was a great day , also against them when gazza scored the hatrick after the sheepies went one up . 2 fantastic days , with brilliant atmosphere's ,, too many to remember when i think about it ,leeds game, there are just too many.

Leeds game for me by a country mile as it had been building and building for what seemed like weeks. I worked in Ayr at the time and bets were flying everywhere with all the Rangers haters, and they were so convinced that Leeds would win it just totally fuckin' magic when we battered them. Still puts s smile on my face all these years later.

Gazza's hatrick for the Championship was very special as well but the build up was different for that, as the Leeds was the first real Battle of Britain.

:crabflute: