Kenny Miller

RFC55

I'd much rather have David Goodwillie at the club. There are other younger options out there. What about this Trickovski lad we've been linked with. Trickovski would cost only £1m and would be on a low wage. Kenny Miller has no skill or technique he's all about his pace and he going to be 32 soon. A £1.25m transfer on a player for a two year contract is too much IMO. Rangers should offer the £2m for Goodwillie and get him on a 5 year contract that makes the most sense.

(tu)

I'd much rather have David Goodwillie at the club. There are other younger options out there. What about this Trickovski lad we've been linked with. Trickovski would cost only £1m and would be on a low wage. Kenny Miller has no skill or technique he's all about his pace and he going to be 32 soon. A £1.25m transfer on a player for a two year contract is too much IMO. Rangers should offer the £2m for Goodwillie and get him on a 5 year contract that makes the most sense.

It does make sense. And it would be better all round if we took this route.

Has there been a development in this?

Reports in Turkey

Kenny Miller has sent a message to the Busaspor management via his agent, informing them of his desire to return to Scotland in order to be closer to his family. The Scottish international has also agreed a contract with Scottish Premier League side, Glasgow Rangers.

Bursaspor have therefore targeted Sierra Leone international Mohamed Bangura as Kenny Millers replacement. The 21 year old international currently plays for Swedish club AIK, scoring 11 goals in 27 appearances in his first season.

Who is Mohamed Bangura:

Date of birth: 27 July 1989 (age 21)

Place of birth: Kambia, Sierra Leone

Height: 1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)

Playing position: Forward

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=827

I've not spoken at all about Kenny Miller and his potential return because I'm very undecided about it.

On the one hand, I can see Ally's perspective here. He's looking at someone he knows will fit in with our squad, on and off the park, someone who's proven at this level, who will fight and give his all every game. In contrast to, for example, Paul Le Guen. At the start of his reign he went for largely untested players.

On the other hand, some of the issues raised already in this thread are what's got me a little irked. He's off form (though it could be due to the circumstances surrounding his family), he's getting old now and with his playing style injuries are likely to become a bigger issue. Are we paying more than we sold him for? Hopefully not, if we are I hope it's not anymore than 1m and even then I wouldn't be too happy about it.

I've not even mentioned the fact it would be his third spell at the club and all the other factors that get brought into it with that issue.

I would welcome him back, not a problem.

When he left, 6 months or so ago, he was the leagues top goalscorer with 21, after the season finished he was STILL the leagues top goalscorer with 21.

However, I certainly wouldn't be prepared to pay anymore than the £400k we sold him for.

(tu)

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=827

Kenny Miller has sent a message to the Busaspor management via his agent, informing them of his desire to return to Scotland in order to be closer to his family. The Scottish international has also agreed a contract with Scottish Premier League side, Glasgow Rangers.

:clap:

Subsequently, Rangers offered the SPL & Club's top goalscorer to date around £12,000 a week to remain at Ibrox - rumoured to be a £4,000 wage cut. Bursaspor came in with an offer that forced Lloyd's hands, according to a few, and this resulted in Miller being offered €50,000 a week to play for the Turkish Champions.

Now, how many of you would opt for a £4,000/w wage cut rather than a financially secure £34,000/w wage rise

So he wouldn't take a £4k wage cut, but now he would take a £25-30k wake cut?