Kenny Miller

RFC55

I was one of the backers of him when we resigned him but I think paying Bursa any more than we got for him would be insane. Especially since his pace will go soon, and that's just a sad fact of life - almost no speedy players keep their pace up to the age of around 34, which is more than likely the length of deal we'd offer him.

One thing you forget is that Miller is contracted for another 18 months, so the only thing stopping Bursa asking for more than 1M euros is the fact Miller wants away.

Why should they accept the same fee they paid us, when we were looking to cash in on a player who had 4 months left on his contract?

Fair enough. Some people will never be convinced by him. I personally think he could score 20 goals a season for Rangers for the next 3-4 years up here. He'd certainly improve our squad. All that for £880k.

I can see why you're saying that, but signing him on a big wage until he's 35 would be like buying another James Beattie. If we can get shot of JB and maybe Healy, aye okay, bring Kenny back.

Plus, he's more hot and cold than any other striker I've ever seen, Boyd was more consistent. I honestly think last season was a fluke in terms of his goalscoring.

The problem for us is that we need to spend our budget on 5 or 6 players. We need to spread the money around whilst bringing in quality players which seems to be proving quite difficult.

Absolutely, but it's not impossible. Just think signing KM on a 3yr deal on big wages (for us) would be stupid, unless we can get rid of Beattie and Healy.

One thing you forget is that Miller is contracted for another 18 months, so the only thing stopping Bursa asking for more than 1M euros is the fact Miller wants away.

Why should they accept the same fee they paid us, when we were looking to cash in on a player who had 4 months left on his contract?

I never said they should accept it, I just said we shouldn't pay it.

I can see why you're saying that, but signing him on a big wage until he's 35 would be like buying another James Beattie. If we can get shot of JB and maybe Healy, aye okay, bring Kenny back.

Plus, he's more hot and cold than any other striker I've ever seen, Boyd was more consistent. I honestly think last season was a fluke in terms of his goalscoring.

Kenny was excellent in his second spell with us. He'll always score goals. Beattie is a different kettle of fish cos he's a fat bastard. Kenny is a lean mean goal-scoring machine. Age means fuck all to me because i've only sene him get better since he hit 30. Last season was marvellous but 22 goals the season before was hardly poor either.

People were complaining we were after Miller...now the same people are whinging because of a bid being rejected.

Make up your fucking minds :wanker:

Tell me about it, yi cant win. Think what Kds is like jst now. Infact, ask mightybear ;)

Kenny was excellent in his second spell with us. He'll always score goals. Beattie is a different kettle of fish cos he's a fat bastard. Kenny is a lean mean goal-scoring machine. Age means fuck all to me because i've only sene him get better since he hit 30. Last season was marvellous but 22 goals the season before was hardly poor either.

He was, and he probably always will score goals, but his main weapon will desert him within his next contract. You disagree, fine, time will show us.

Beattie might be different, but in him we've got an injury prone over-30 striker who's on the downhill and on fairly big money. We don't need another.

Don't even get me started on Healy.

im on my fone, some of us have to work, so please excuse the odd typing error.

Don't use your phone as an exuse for being an idiot.

you critised our kenny miller bid yesterday, despite saying you didnt want him at ibrox.

I don't want to see Kenny back at Ibrox. I'd rather we bought someone younger and so do many others. The way we have gone about this deal and others has been questionable and I'm not alone in thinking that also. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Your posts are odd, especially since the " i can exclusively reveal cuellar and goodwillie have signed" post.

I never said both Cuellar and Goodwillie had signed I said I believed they would sign and I stand by that.

He was, and he probably always will score goals, but his main weapon will desert him within his next contract. You disagree, fine, time will show us.

Beattie might be different, but in him we've got an injury prone over-30 striker who's on the downhill and on fairly big money. We don't need another.

Don't even get me started on Healy.

Ha shan't get into the other lads but im convinced Kenny would still do very well in this league for years to come. Evfen if he lost his pace, i think it's again a fallacy that that is all he has. Watch his goals from last season, he's a more intelligent footballer than he's ever been. We'll have to agree to disagree. Still dont think he's going to Cardiff though!

Ha shan't get into the other lads but im convinced Kenny would still do very well in this league for years to come. Evfen if he lost his pace, i think it's again a fallacy that that is all he has. Watch his goals from last season, he's a more intelligent footballer than he's ever been. We'll have to agree to disagree. Still dont think he's going to Cardiff though!

Fair enough, I do agree he's become a better player the second time around with us.

Just as I've already said, I think his pace will leave him and it was always the key to his game for me.

He'll probably end up in the Championship tbh. Best place for him.

The thing with kenny is that he could probably come back in a do a 1/2 decent job for the next year or so and then we would probably see the legs go an 34 year old speedy forward. As people have said, he is a stop gap. Maybe that is what we need right now and when/if the Goddwillie thing clears up (maybe in January) we can go back in for him then. I agree, Kenny is a good player for this season and maybe next but probably not much more than that. Is it worth paying the 1mil Euros for him for maybe two seasons??? I dunno what to think, but I do know that he will most likely help our team this season for sure.

The thing with kenny is that he could probably come back in a do a 1/2 decent job for the next year or so and then we would probably see the legs go an 34 year old speedy forward. As people have said, he is a stop gap. Maybe that is what we need right now and when/if the Goddwillie thing clears up (maybe in January) we can go back in for him then. I agree, Kenny is a good player for this season and maybe next but probably not much more than that. Is it worth paying the 1mil Euros for him for maybe two seasons??? I dunno what to think, but I do know that he will most likely help our team this season for sure.

£1m plus big wages on a three year deal. That's a lot to shell out on a stop gap when we have Beattie and Healy doing fuck all.

Our bid for Kenny was a joke tbh. The same amount of cash as they paid us in January :lol: That was worth a try though, but I expect us to make an increased bid sooner ;)

Don't use your phone as an exuse for being an idiot.

I don't want to see Kenny back at Ibrox. I'd rather we bought someone younger and so do many others. The way we have gone about this deal and others has been questionable and I'm not alone in thinking that also. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

I never said both Cuellar and Goodwillie had signed I said I believed they would sign and I stand by that.

I made a simple mistake spelling the word "left", it happens to the best of us no matter what we're using, but using my fone didnt help.

With regards to your "exclusive", are you claiming you did not say that we had signed them? Several members requested a source and you ignored each and every one.

Also, you said, in same thread i should point out, that u didnt want miller, and we were to get our finger out regarding miller.?!?!? Those points arent connected?

Your lot must be a worried bunch.

Also for those bringing up Millers goalscoring record have to remember he basically played second fiddle to Kris Boyd for 2 years. Then this season without Boyd he managed to break the 20 goal mark because he became our Main Striker for the majority of the season before he left.

The 09/10 season he scored 18 goals to Boyd's 27. He also had two seasons at wolves were he Scored 19 in each.

So the arguement about his goalscoring is pointless. He would do the buisness in front of goals.

I'd rather he didn't come back.

I made a simple mistake spelling the word "left", it happens to the best of us no matter what we're using, but using my fone didnt help.

With regards to your "exclusive", are you claiming you did not say that we had signed them? Several members requested a source and you ignored each and every one.

Also, you said, in same thread i should point out, that u didnt want miller, and we were to get our finger out regarding miller.?!?!? Those points arent connected?

Your lot must be a worried bunch.

give up on him hes the fucking idiot

Lads i know hes an idiot, and hes not one of us, but hes still fuckin here!!!

For the record, heres the post i meant, cant do it properly on this fone tho, but heres the text. I thought he said cuellar, but thats not the point

I can exclusively reveal that the two player are Darren McGregor and David Goodwillie

Delighted for the two lads. They'll do the business at Rangers for many years to come.

People were complaining we were after Miller...now the same people are whinging because of a bid being rejected.

Make up your fucking minds :wanker:

No, because not going after him and going after him but failing is not the same thing.

It's spelled Phone not fone you idiot.

Also, you said, in same thread i should point out, that u didnt want miller, and we were to get our finger out regarding miller.?!?!?

I've never said "we were to get our finger out regarding miller". If I did say that then go find the post and quote me.

I'll say it one last time. I wouldn't like to see Kenny Miller back at Rangers. I also think some of the ways we've handled dealings in this transfer market to be questionable. Just because I don't want Kenny at Ibrox doesn't mean I must remain quite on the way the transfer was dealt with.