Kenny Miller

RFC55

During this window we've also been linked with Ivan Trickovski from APOEL. The fee for him was suppose to be around £1m at the time. I don't know much about the player but he's one name that springs instantly to mind.

I'd say Goodwillie but this court case obviously means any deal will stall probably until January. I doubt Goodwillie will move in this window to any club TBH. However, if he's found innocent I believe Ally will go all out to sign him in the next window.

In light of what the Bursaspor spokesman said today I'd love us to try and sign their target Bobo on a free-transfer. It would be a big fuck you from Rangers to the Spokesman club.

Not to pick on you but this sums up folk on here, would rather have someone 99% of us know nothing about and who has a poor scoring record over a guy who is proven at this level and who has a great understanding with the players at the club and who would more than likely slot straight back in. It's beyond me

Kenny Miller once played an entire SPL season for Celtic and only managed to score 4 league goals.

Kenny Miller scored 22 goals by December just last year. And scored 21 the year before that. Stop living in the past. Nobody should give a flying fuck if he played for Celtic in the past

I don't care what he's done over the rest of his career.

The guy has proven he can score goals on a regular basis over a decent period of time for Rangers and funnily enough I only care about what he could do for Rangers.

Yes, what he could do. Excuse me for not wanting to spend a million quid on a 32 your old player who, ok fair enough, has been prolific for Rangers, but his goals in his second spell aren't proportionate to his whole career where, funnily enough he has went through spells where he is been frighteningly inconsistent at club and international level, remained dormant for very long spells and is at an age where even signing him now is a massive wild card. And that's what Ally McCoist bases his interest on. Would surprise me if you were the only one singing his praises and ranting about his goalscoring record before he came back.

Kenny Miller scored 22 goals by December just last year. And scored 21 the year before that. Stop living in the past. Nobody should give a flying fuck if he played for Celtic in the past

Aye but we can pick up this pure ace player that nobody has seen play for a milion quid.

He'd easily do the business in the SPL...........

Except celtic supporters ofcourse ;)

Aye but we can pick up this pure ace player that nobody has seen play for a milion quid.

Na lets sign the most foreign sounding player possible. Never seen him, ah well, let's watch him on youtube...aye, he's brilliant. Shit scoring record? Ha, well he can't be any worse than Kenny bloody Miller eh?

It's stupid trying to claim Miller is anything other than a top quality SPL player

The question is whether or not we should be signing a near 32 year old with a history of injury problems for about 20-25 grand a week

A no from me, but like most people i'd take him if it was a choice between him or nobody

For how long ? If you think Kenny Miller would score 20+ goals every season for the next three years then thats a little concerning on your part. If we were to pay a million for 1 season of Miller it would absolute insanity. The proof will be in the pudding at the end of next season when we rack up his goal tally at Cardiff. Good riddance to the days of buying big for SHORT-TERM FIXES.

Miller went through a 6 month hot spell last season, I don't believe for a minute he could produce that sort of form again. I'd rather Boyd back. Realistically i'd like to see us sign Goodwillie if the charges are dropped. 17 goals last season in a team that create far less chances that we do. Potential to have a big sell on value as well.

Just on twitter -

@Fourth_Official Rangers have dropped their interest according to reports up here.

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

@

@zapdesigns based on one report? The more reliable have said Rangers will match a bid, I still believe they will

We'll see I suppose...

It's stupid trying to claim Miller is anything other than a top quality SPL player

The question is whether or not we should be signing a near 32 year old with a history of injury problems for about 20-25 grand a week

A no from me, but like most people i'd take him if it was a choice between him or nobody

This !!!

People need to stop being so stupid.

Its not as if he is going to come on the cheap ffs.

For how long ? If you think Kenny Miller would score 20+ goals every season for the next three years then thats a little concerning on your part. If we were to pay a million for 1 season of Miller it would absolute insanity. The proof will be in the pudding at the end of next season when we rack up his goal tally at Cardiff. Good riddance to the days of buying big for SHORT-TERM FIXES.

Different kettle of fish. Different league. Different team. Incomparible. He'd bum me like I bummed him here

Just on twitter -

@Fourth_Official Rangers have dropped their interest according to reports up here.

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

@

@zapdesigns based on one report? The more reliable have said Rangers will match a bid, I still believe they will

We'll see I suppose...

I really hope thats the end of all Kenny Miller talk.

Yes, what he could do. Excuse me for not wanting to spend a million quid on a 32 your old player who, ok fair enough, has been prolific for Rangers, but his goals in his second spell aren't proportionate to his whole career where, funnily enough he has went through spells where he is been frighteningly inconsistent at club and international level, remained dormant for very long spells and is at an age where even signing him now is a massive wild card. And that's what Ally McCoist bases his interest on. Would surprise me if you were the only one singing his praises and ranting about his goalscoring record before he came back.

I wasn't praising Miller's record then, but like I said he proved that he can score goals for Rangers on a regular basis after he signed and he showed the most consistent form of his career.

To use your example with another player: Three years ago Charlie Adam was a squad player for Rangers, eighteen months ago he joined a team who were favourites for delegation from England's second flight and now Liverpool are building a midfield around him. Are their fans saying that they shouldn't bother because he once struggled to hold down a place with us and he once found himself playing for championship relegation favourites?

During this window we've also been linked with Ivan Trickovski from APOEL. The fee for him was suppose to be around £1m at the time. I don't know much about the player but he's one name that springs instantly to mind.

I'd say Goodwillie but this court case obviously means any deal will stall probably until January. I doubt Goodwillie will move in this window to any club TBH. However, if he's found innocent I believe Ally will go all out to sign him in the next window.

In light of what the Bursaspor spokesman said today I'd love us to try and sign their target Bobo on a free-transfer. It would be a big fuck you from Rangers to the Spokesman club.

Bobo? any good, work permit etc i dont know who he is but if he good enough for them it dont mean he good enough for us and certainly cant go for players on the basis its a get it up ye, we aint the scum. im sure there are targets and we will be working, i just hate folks insinuating we are only after those mentioned in the press, net meaning you but im sure we will get bodies in by end of window, we have a good group of youngsters that can "step up and play"

Posted this before but the apparent injury prone Kenny Miller has played 40 competitive club games last year, 45 the year before and 38 the year before that

I wasn't praising Miller's record then, but like I said he proved that he can score goals for Rangers on a regular basis after he signed and he showed the most consistent form of his career.

To use your example with another player: Three years ago Charlie Adam was a squad player for Rangers, eighteen months ago he joined a team who were favourites for delegation from England's second flight and now Liverpool are building a midfield around him. Are their fans saying that they shouldn't bother because he once struggled to hold down a place with us and he once found himself playing for championship relegation favourites?

Charlie Adams 25, Millers 32 and his exits coming up pretty soon. Even at that its a ridiculous comparison, I'm not even sure what it means.

would of thought you would come with yet another reply to one of my comments ya stalking bastard

I don't even know who you are. I'm guessing we don't see eye to eye though. Why would we pay more than an offer which has been accepted. It makes absolutely no sense. Plus, your figures are in quid when Cardiff have had a 1 million euro bid accepted apparently