Kumalo Signs For Reading On Loan

SteveJ

That's the thing though, like the guy said before with south africa being so poor the league is shite, the SPL is much better. Henry!? He was good at france until he become old and shite which is expected.

I am bowing out of this but my final contribution is that some fans are getting absolutely desperate when I see some of the names that are being touted as good enough for us.We must have no talent whatsoever at Auchenhowie. :disappointment:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am bowing out of this but my final contribution is that some fans are getting absolutely desperate when I see some of the names that are being touted as good enough for us.We must have no talent whatsoever at Auchenhowie. :disappointment:

I'm bailing as well :lol:

That's the thing though, like the guy said before with south africa being so poor the league is shite, the SPL is much better. Henry!? He was good at france until he become old and shite which is expected.

I don't agree with the Henry statement. He was Amazing for Arsenal, winning European POTY and the like, then he'd play up top for France and look totally average. Henry looked average for France for years his Arsenal form just never seemed to cross over. Maybe it was the change in system and tactics who knows.

I still think Tshabalala is a good shout considering the low amounts of money we're spending and the fact that we're after squad players.

I don't agree with the Henry statement. He was Amazing for Arsenal, winning European POTY and the like, then he'd play up top for France and look totally average. Henry looked average for France for years his Arsenal form just never seemed to cross over. Maybe it was the change in system and tactics who knows.

I still think Tshabalala is a good shout considering the low amounts of money we're spending and the fact that we're after squad players.

Fair enough, your free to say what you want. Don't mean to sound prickish but can't really be arsed to debate now :lol: you win. :sherlock:

Boyd didn't impress at Notts Forrest at the end of last season yet he's the SPL all time leading goal-scorer. Not being impressive for Forrest means fuck all.

there never has been any good strikers in nottinghamshire.

Tottenham defender Bongani Khumalo has a lot of respect for Rangers but insists it is too early to be speculating on a possible loan deal.

Harry Redknapp revealed earlier this month that he would be prepared to send out the South African on a temporary basis to gain further experience.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist later confirmed that he was planning to hold talks with Redknapp regarding Khumalo and Spurs team-mate Jake Livermore.

Khumalo is delighted to hear that a club of Rangers' stature might be interested but is refusing to look too far ahead.

The 24-year-old is currently on tour with Tottenham in his homeland ahead of the Vodacom Challenge.

"Firstly, it is still early days and I still have to sit down with my manager (Glyn Binkin) to find the way forward," he told Football365.co.za.

"First of all I'm a Spurs player and that's good enough for me. What happens going forward will all be in due time."

Mentally strong

Speaking about Rangers, Khumalo added: "It is a good club and they play good football and that's very important but it is way too early to be commenting on it.

"I'm still here at Spurs and if there has been interest from Rangers then that's truly amazing."

Khumalo joined Spurs in January from SuperSport United before spending the second half of last season on loan with Preston in the Championship.

He suffered a foot injury but is now fully recovered and looking to perform well for both club and country over the next few months.

He said: "I can't be negative, but I must continue to work hard. I must be strong mentally and that is what the game is about.

"I'm happy to be fit again, but we all know what the requirements are to play for the national team and that is you must play football at club level and that's what I aim to do."

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7041222,00.html

Steven Pienaar shows off his fancy hair-do during training this week Picture: BACKPAGEPIX

SAVE & SHARE

EMAILPRINT

Tottenham Hotspur defender Bongani Khumalo is aware that warming the bench might diminish his chances of playing for Bafana Bafana.

Mosimane told the Sunday Times last week that he needed his players both locally and overseas to be playing regularly. Khumalo, who might be bound for either Glasgow Rangers or Bristol City on a loan deal, is clearly a worried man.

"We all know what the requirements are to play for Bafana and that will never change. We know what's expected, especially of an international player," said Khumalo ahead of the Vodacom Challenge match against Kaizer Chiefs.

Khumalo has recovered from a metatarsal injury and finds Morgan Gould and Siyabonga Sangweni in a solid combination for the national team at the back. The duo had a sterling performance against Egypt in Cairo last month and Khumalo knows his work will be cut out to regain his starting position.

"I know my ability and my ambition with this pre-season tour is to go back to England fully fit and getting my confidence back after this injury," he said.

Spurs' acting coach Joe Jordan says that they have made South Africa their destination of choice and that they have brought a full-strength squad with only the injured players absent.

"We take this pre-season tour seriously and it will prepare us for the new season in August. The majority of the players are here besides William Gallas and Ledley King, who are injured. Luka Modric and Steven Pienaar are also not fully fit but we brought them here. We love the facilities here and the two teams, Chiefs and Orlando Pirates, will give us good competition."

"Pienaar is doing very well in rehab but at this stage we have to make sure he does not get more knocks. I spoke to him on Friday and he thinks he will be ready to take part in a week's time," Jordan said. Bafana captain Pienaar did light training on the touchline on Friday and hopefully South African fans will see him in action in the final on Saturday.

Khumalo said that he was still a Spurs player and that everything concerning loan moves or transfers will happen in due course. "Being here means I am still part of the team and I am very happy to be here.

"If you're going to go on loan you want to go to top clubs that play quality football. If there's interest from Rangers, that's just amazing."

"I believe I have what it takes and it's just a matter of hard work and being strong mentally. I recovered in time to make the trip and I have had a number of sessions with the team, but I am still a couple of sessions away from being where I want to be in terms of fitness," he said.

Think we can say good-bye to this one, not too fussed, would rather see us sign our own players anyway rather than loan them.

Skysports.com understands that Reading have lined-up a deal with Tottenham Hotspur to sign Bongani Khumalo on loan for the season.

Khumalo, who is currently back in his homeland of South Africawith Spurs on their pre-season tour, is yet to play a first-team game for Tottenham after joining them in January this year from Supersport United.

He finished last season on loan at Preston North End, and Tottenham chief Harry Redknapp has confirmed he would like the 24-year-old central defender to gain more experience.

A number of Championship clubs, as well as SPL champions Rangers, had shown an interest - but the South African international now appears set to join Reading.

Skysports.com understand that Khumalo will wrap up his move to The Madejski Stadium next week when Spurs return to England.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7058080,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter