***The Official NK Maribor vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

Right I'll stick my neck out here:

McGregor

Broadfoot Goian Wilson Wallace

McCulloch

Naismith Davis Edu Ortiz

Jelavic

Danny Wilson will be signed in tike for this and he will start.

A big maybe. It will be interesting to see if any one of McMillan/Cole/Perry get to play.

FFS Ally get some signings in now!

Maribor are shite watched them a few times and all they seem to do is shoot from 25 yards lol there a young side poor at set pieces so i realy dont see us having a problem over there if we are strong at the back and shagger has a good game im sure we will hopfully leave with a clean sheet and a few goals under our belt ill go for 3-0 or 4-1 rangers i cant see us not attacking this side all night they realy are in my eyes a poor poor team and after the malmo bullshit the lads will want to play there hearts out for ally and us fans

I'd like us to play 4-2-3-1, looked good for the 20 minutes we played it in Malmo.

McGregor

Broadfoot Perry Goian Wallace

Ness Davis

Ortiz Naismith Wylde

Jelavic

Is what I'd go for with the players available right now.

I would put Ortiz at right back considering that is where he played for the bulk of last season with Almeria. After all he is wasted on the left wing so better to use his technical ability in an area where we will be required to be cool and able to keep posession well. Edu funnily enough has come on to a game recently in the absence of McCulloch or where more responsibility is on his shoulders. And defensively apart from one or two early hiccups he played well against Malmo.

McGregor

Ortiz

Perry

Goian

Wallace

Edu

Davis

Ness

Hutton

Naismith

Jelavic

I think that side would have more than enough to get a draw over there or sneak a win.

I would put Ortiz at right back considering that is where he played for the bulk of last season with Almeria. After all he is wasted on the left wing so better to use his technical ability in an area where we will be required to be cool and able to keep posession well. Edu funnily enough has come on to a game recently in the absence of McCulloch or where more responsibility is on his shoulders. And defensively apart from one or two early hiccups he played well against Malmo.

I suppose it's a shout. I'd be a liar if I said I had seen him at RB, like you said though he is completely wasted on the left. But I'd put him on the right of an attacking three as I think Davis is better in that role of picking out the passes, rather than attacking.

Our squad is that bare it's tough.

I suppose it's a shout. I'd be a liar if I said I had seen him at RB, like you said though he is completely wasted on the left. But I'd put him on the right of an attacking three as I think Davis is better in that role of picking out the passes, rather than attacking.

Our squad is that bare it's tough.

Yeah down to the bare bones already and we're only halfway through August.

Can't see players like Fleck,Healy,Kerkar,Hemmings,McMillan or Hutton getting a start can you?

And in all honesty the only two who may come in to the reckoning are Hutton and McMillan to cover in defence and in midfield.

Yeah down to the bare bones already and we're only halfway through August.

Can't see players like Fleck,Healy,Kerkar,Hemmings,McMillan or Hutton getting a start can you?

And in all honesty the only two who may come in to the reckoning are Hutton and McMillan to cover in defence and in midfield.

They won't get a look in. I wish McMillan would get a start, he deserves his chance in my opinion. If he doesn't get a chance then I have no idea why we kept him on. Hutton also deserves a chance but we have alot of DM right now.

They won't get a look in. I wish McMillan would get a start, he deserves his chance in my opinion. If he doesn't get a chance then I have no idea why we kept him on. Hutton also deserves a chance but we have alot of DM right now.

We know they won't and in my eyes it makes me wonder why the likes of Healy and Kerkar got new contracts. And if our squad was big enough then players like Hutton and Fleck would be sent out on loan to get some regular football and much needed experience.

I think with the exception of Wylde the team you picked will be pretty much spot on. Who he picks ahead of Wylde though is anyone's guess.

We know they won't and in my eyes it makes me wonder why the likes of Healy and Kerkar got new contracts. And if our squad was big enough then players like Hutton and Fleck would be sent out on loan to get some regular football and much needed experience.

I think with the exception of Wylde the team you picked will be pretty much spot on. Who he picks ahead of Wylde though is anyone's guess.

I have no idea why Kerkar and co are still there. Was it just so we had other players to play in Pre-Season games? That's all they will ever feature in.

It'll be :

McGregor

Broadfoot Perry Goian Wallace

Edu Ness

Davis Naismith Ortiz

Jelavic

If we bring in nobody else that is. It shouldn't be, but it will. Wylde might not even be hear come Thursday !

Absolutely no width in our squad if that happens :anguish: