Is their an unwritten hierarchy of Rangers supporters?

Canadaready

who invited you into this buggerlugs? :P

It badly needed me :pipeguy:

this was a reply to the fishboys post.
Sorry to rain on your parade :P
also do you think the murray metals adverts, catering, free hospitality boxes and all the hype that comes with owning a footie team done mr murrays buisness any harm?

dont be so naive.

You're arguing a different point to the one I am making. Murray has not directly profited from Rangers in any significant manner - maybe you want to look at the losses and financial figures to see how far into his own pocket he's had to go.

And the above incomes aren't exactly covering the millions (many, many of them) he's put in.

I suggest you might be the one being naive.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also do you think the murray metals adverts, catering, free hospitality boxes and all the hype that comes with owning a footie team done mr murrays buisness any harm?

dont be so naive.

You're arguing a different point to the one I am making. Murray has not directly profited from Rangers in any significant manner - maybe you want to look at the losses and financial figures to see how far into his own pocket he's had to go.

And the above incomes aren't exactly covering the millions (many, many of them) he's put in.

someone remove they quote brackets i am fed up seeing this.

i might sugest to you that there is only one reason that murray wanted a footie team and that was to increase his profile as a buisnessman and also to try and get him a better status in scotland. he also had a hidden agenda to get an mbe.

all which he has managed hence he is leaving us.

i might sugest to you that there is only one reason that murray wanted a footie team and that was to increase his profile as a buisnessman and also to try and get him a better status in scotland. he also had a hidden agenda to get an mbe.

The quotes allow folk to address individual points.

As for the rest:

He obtained a better status in Scotland over a decade ago. So why has he stayed with us even when we've been in decline?

The quotes allow folk to address individual points.
we are not 5 year olds we can decipher which sentences you are replying to.
As for the rest:

it is really annoying

He obtained a better status in Scotland over a decade ago. So why has he stayed with us even when we've been in decline?

when did he get his mbe?

dont be so naive.

You said something about status, then said 'also' about the mbe. As if they were 2 seperate things. That confused me.

Actually, this thread is about Rangers fans. Let's quit the hijack (tu)

I know this issue has been danced around and joked about at different times on the board. I think it would be ok to have a look at it in a distinct thread.

For the most part, I would say that Rangers fans are a welcoming and open bunch BUT is it true that there are some amongst us who class fans based on their circumstances? In just thinking about it for a few minutes I have came up with the following structure

1) Scottish born - lives in Scotland

2) Scottish born - lives elsewhere

3) Non-Scottish born - lives elsewhere

This is just a rough idea of what I am talking about...do you think that there is anything to this idea?

I do feel that supporters who live outside the country shouldn't be so quick to criticise the domestic fans when they have a go at the Scottish mhedia. You really do have to live here to know what a shower they are and so I don't appreciate someone a continent and an ocean away telling me that I've got that wrong. Other than that I don't think it matters where you are from, I mean if I emigrated to Canada then I would expect my son to be a bear :D

1 holmes was boss hen souness arived 2 murray has been good for rangers (,past tense.)3 lots of us cant for diff reasons get every week 4a blue nose is the same any where 5 isnt barrhead outside glasgow ..sorry fish.

Not as much as Dublin is fae the piggery...if you are going to start questioning Barrheads location and Rangers fans from that area thats up tae you

I know this issue has been danced around and joked about at different times on the board. I think it would be ok to have a look at it in a distinct thread.

For the most part, I would say that Rangers fans are a welcoming and open bunch BUT is it true that there are some amongst us who class fans based on their circumstances? In just thinking about it for a few minutes I have came up with the following structure

1) Scottish born - lives in Scotland

2) Scottish born - lives elsewhere

3) Non-Scottish born - lives elsewhere

This is just a rough idea of what I am talking about...do you think that there is anything to this idea?

No matter where you are born or where you come from, if you support The Rangers WE ARE THE PEOPLE !

A Rangers fan is still a Rangers fan no matter where he OR she comes from.

If you support the club financially e.g. buying the merchandise, then you are a fan/supporter.

If you support the club by wanting them to win, then you are a fan/supporter.

If you hald the club dear for any reason, then you ARE A SUPPORTER !!!!!!!

WE are the people ... the "WE" part means all of us, not just those or such as those.

In human society (or indeed in any society) there is always a hierarchy. The same goes for the Rangers support.

However, that does NOT mean anyone is a better fan/supporters than anyone else. Just because someone's geography or games attended rate is different from someone else doesn't and shouldn't class anyone. Yes, that may validate or invalidate certain opinions to an extent but that doesn't mean they don't love or care for the club any less.

YES .

There is a hierarchy of Rangers supporter:

It goes kinda like this

Season Ticket in Bar 72 More than 40 years support Raised on West Coast of Scotland

Season |Ticket elsewhere in ground

pays into games

Less than 40 years support

Born in Glasgow

No season ticket

Doesn't go to games

Younger than 25 years old

Lives in Airdrie

Writes in blue font

The above list is indisputable, non-negotiable, and absolute crap.

Ooooops almost forgot, right at the bottom of the hierarchy

anyone who lives in Canada

YES .

There is a hierarchy of Rangers supporter:

It goes kinda like this

Season Ticket in Bar 72 More than 40 years support Raised on West Coast of Scotland

Season |Ticket elsewhere in ground

pays into games

Less than 40 years support

Born in Glasgow

No season ticket

Doesn't go to games

Younger than 25 years old

Lives in Airdrie

Writes in blue font

The above list is indisputable, non-negotiable, and absolute crap.

Ooooops almost forgot, right at the bottom of the hierarchy

anyone who lives in Canada

Gotta` agree with all that!!

Personally speaking I think the guyz who live far outside Glasgow for instance dont fully understand what it is to be a Rangers supporter..

That post made me f*ckin sick.

I myself live a good 100 miles away from ibrox but i'm just as passionate about this club as you are. I know may people from my supporters bus who are HUGE gers fans and they have been for a good 50 or 60 odd years a guess they don't "fully understand what it is to be a Rangers supporter". LOAD OF BAWS.

Get yar head out of the sand fish.

Personally speaking I think the guyz who live far outside Glasgow for instance dont fully understand what it is to be a Rangers supporter..

I myself live a good 100 miles away from ibrox but i'm just as passionate about this club as you are. I know may people from my supporters bus who are HUGE gers fans and they have been for a good 50 or 60 odd years a guess they don't "fully understand what it is to be a Rangers supporter". LOAD OF BAWS.

At the end of the day we support the same club but some have different views and principals related to the ones that were in place when Murray arrived but he sold us down the river with them...lots of guyz outside the Glasgow area for example do not fully understand the rivalry with the scum thats what I mean.

They only knew it on match days :pipeguy:

I agree 72, I know what you are talking about.

Myself ? Born in Airdrie, grew up in the highlands (moved around quite a bit with my dad's job) and now live in England, and have done for several years mainly due to my job, where vacancies rarely come up, especially in Scotland.

I cant get to games the way I would like, financial limitations and work commitments being the main reasons, but I would say Im as keen and enthusiastic as most fans in following the club. I dont think your location, or even where you were born should determine whether you are a fan or not. Its about passion for the club, your feelings and how you go about your business in following the club itself.

Its like someone saying to me that Im less 'Scottish' than them, simply because I live in England. Well let me say, fuck that.

The Rangers family is large, world-wide and this is something to embrace and be proud of. Anyway, thats my view.

The Brigton Derry were the hierarchy in the good old days...nobody else, you were either with them or against them..

No one stood on their toes at Ibrox or anywhere else I can asure you

NO SURRENDER WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Fish,

At the end of the day we support the same club but some have different views and principals related to the ones that were in place when Murray arrived but he sold us down the river with them...lots of guyz outside the Glasgow area for example do not fully understand the rivalry with the scum thats what I mean.

Fish,

of all your ridiculous statements that rates pretty high.

I suspect that there are many areas a good distance from Glasgow where the rangers celtic rivalry is more intense. Indeed if anything Glasgow born and bred supporters are less committed to the principles and traditions of the club because it is all too easy for them to follow the Rangers.

Fish,

Fish,

I suspect that there are many areas a good distance from Glasgow where the rangers celtic rivalry is more intense. Indeed if anything Glasgow born and bred supporters are less committed to the principles and traditions of the club because it is all too easy for them to follow the Rangers.

That is your opinion...it doesnt matter to me that you think once again that my statements are ridiculous... Im telling it as it was for us guyz

You know hee haw about Rangers supporters who experienced the bitter rivalry in the past decades in and around Glesga thats why your opinion is irrelevant to me

At the end of the day you are against the Billy Boys but thats your choice and I feel comfortable without support from the likes of you

Does ereselickin spring to mind with you....we dont do that we have principals, you just do as your told yes sir no sir three bags full sir an aw that

I know what it was like from my dad, uncles and other older bears FISH, most of whom came from Airdrie and Glasgow itself. Rivalry is fine, but extremism to that degree is not and cant be good.

This is 2007 man and times have changed. Singing about up to our knees in fenian blood is detremental to the club, and serves no purpose in our moving forward. These are words I have never sung, as my mum is catholic, so from my point of view its simply not on.

Anyway, Im going to try to find the most remote RSC on the planet. wish me luck :)

Fish,

Fish,

That is your opinion...it doesnt matter to me that you think once again that my statements are ridiculous... Im telling it as it was for us guyz

You know hee haw about Rangers supporters who experienced the bitter rivalry in the past decades in and around Glesga thats why your opinion is irrelevant to me

At the end of the day you are against the Billy Boys but thats your choice and I feel comfortable without support from the likes of you

Does ereselickin spring to mind with you....we dont do that we have principals, you just do as your told yes sir no sir three bags full sir an aw that

But that's the whole point Fish you are not FOR RANGERS you are FOR THE BILLY BOYS you unquestionably understand the bigotry between Rangers and Celtic but you also clearly have no concept whatsoever of the rivalry between Rangers and Celtic as football institutions.

and by the way to be honest I don't think you even understand the bigotry thing.

Fish,

Fish,

But that's the whole point Fish you are not FOR RANGERS you are FOR THE BILLY BOYS you unquestionably understand the bigotry between Rangers and Celtic but you also clearly have no concept whatsoever of the rivalry between Rangers and Celtic as football institutions.

and by the way to be honest I don't think you even understand the bigotry thing.

I think nvager will confirm our intentions coz Im sick of repeating to you guys with yer heads stuck in the sand

He has pointed it out a couple of times to your fellow ostriches